“One Word - Epic”

Veneto Hotel & Casino
Ranked #101 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I planned one of my close friend’s bachelor party back in Labor Day Weekend 2012 in Panama City, Panama. I looked at my venues for my crew and in the end I chose this hotel and I am very glad I did. This hotel is like a Vegas style hotel and it has the best casino in Panama. They have a very nice sports book area in the casino as well. The rooms are a good size but the best part is the rate. Very competitive and very affordable for what you get. The location of the hotel is in a good place too. You have a lot of markets around the hotel. The 8 of us stayed on the executive floor which gave us a few perks (free internet, free happy hour, and some other things). The service is very good. We will definitely come back to this hotel for another guy’s weekend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 20, 2012

have stayed at hotel 4 times in the past year, I have had 2 very good stays and 2 fair stays,
first time stay room smelled like smoke and mini bar was very loud all night, clothes and suitcases smelled like smoke after coming back home, also dried blood on bed spread.
staff was very good and attentive, most speak english
second and third time very good stays all went very well, last stay, ok, hotel full, ac blew hot air, tv remote did not work , i was too tired to change rooms so i stayed and sweat.
wifi does not always work, buffett good but expensive, go to manulos accross the street for a very good affordable breakfast,
cant beat casino or location best in Panama city!!!

Room Tip: stay away from rooms by elevators, people are loud after 12 at night. not a hotel to bring your fami...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have been at the Wyndham for 3 days. It's a nice hotel, the amenities are reasonable but, if you want to gamble, expect complete unprofessionalism.

They have a crap table with only double odds. It appears from other sites that they have recently lowered the odds. When I was loosing money, they were great. As soon as I hit a streak, they changed the rules on how you must throw the dice. (I always tap the dice lightly on the table before i roll). The stick man started calling me sweetheart and actually hit my hand with the stick as I was rolling. At that point I instructed them to pull all my bets down (exept line bets which must be played win or lose). They seemed confused by my request. I continued to roll the dice until all but one bet was won (I had 3 line bets). I left one come bet up and gave up the dice. I was the only one at the table so I told them to wait until another player comes and play my money. I spoke to the casino manager. He said the rules on how dice must be thrown changed yesterday. Of course I played last night and the rules had not changed. They did this specifically to disrupt my streak. I cam back and asked where my last line bet was. They said that because I left the table I loose the bet. Anyone who has ever played craps knows this is all a bunch of crap!

I did get my line bet returned to me but, these people were willing to loose a substantial player rather than suck it up and be professional when the house is loosing. I will never play at a casino where the house is afraid to loose. What do you think they set the odds at on the slots? I have no doubt that this casino will take every liberty to stack the deck in their favor beyond the usual house advantage. Beware!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Rooms are decent but the hotel reeks of humidity in the hallways and in the rooms as well. The glass window in the rooms cant be opened and therefore smoking is prohibited and you have to smoke downstairs or suffocate in your own smoke. Room service was just fine but you had to keep calling them because you wouldn't get as much as water or coffee or tea in your room without requesting it - inconvenience. Breakfast is overpriced, the steakhouse is good, and the casino by the elevators is a prostitution scene so I'd recommend that kids stay out of this hotel. Overall the hotel is in a great location and everything is pretty accessible.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

The hotel itself was fine; however, did not realize it was a casino and we arrived Friday night from Abu Dhabi and 24+ hrs traveling. The noise didn't bother us that night but the next night was a different story. We were on the 9th floor and maybe that had something to do with it but starting about 2 a.m.-5 a..m. Extremely noisy with people coming home from gambling, etc.

Checking in was a challenge as the desk was way in the back. If we hadn't been so tired would've requested a higher rroom. I was also surprised that tha breakfast buffet wasn't included in the price of the room as so many are in hotels like the Wyndham. At best it was mediocre and had it not been for the very frienly and cheery waitstaff it would have been verry plain. Not worth $15.

When we had the room cleaned it was hard to tell it had been touched by the service people. The very comfy comforter was thrown onn the bed without smoothing it out, the bed skirt never was straigtehened out, there was hair (yes it was mine) and papers left on the floor in the bathroom. It did not look like it had been vacuumed. In other hotels even though the contents of our suitcases were strewn about you knew the serrvice had been there. We had to look for evidence that someone showed up. The iron and ironing board had been left out. Again, not worth complaining about at the time as we only stayed a few days.

There was no information about the hotel in the room such as a binder descriibing the policies in the hotel. The visitor guide was only in Spanish forcing me to ask at the desk for English.

Little things that could make the stay a 4-5 star rating.

There were good things - free wi-fi, ping pong and pool tables, gym, nice pool, security although there were still working girls coming in.

At this point we are diesppointed in our stay and wouldn't stay at this facility again.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank phyzzzy
Reviewed October 18, 2012

As an experienced traveler, and the hotels getting bigger and bigger, it is increasingly hard to get personalized service any more. I have NEVER gotten better and more personalized service than what I got from the hotel manager, Irene, and her staff, Axia and Lucy, during my recent trip to Panama for my wife's birthday. From Dwayne the bellman's trip up to my room, I knew it was going to be wonderful. The birthday cake and the personal letter were outstanding surprises, not to mention the boquet of flowers and the fruit tray. Their New York steak house was superb! I had the surf and turf, and upgraded to the ribeye instead of the smaller petit fillet. The lobster tail was HUGE! There are brand new hotels going up on each side, but I would not stay anywhere else. As far as the girls at the bar, you would never know their true goal. Very attractive, and very polite and well behaved. Security is prevolent everywhere in Panama, and here as well. Never felt unsafe for a minute. Sushi was ecellent at the hotel sushi bar, along with expresso at the coffee bar ... and if you go on the land tour of the Panama Canal ask for Archie.

Room Tip: All floors are good. Floor 17 features a club level that has continental breakfast and an evening sn...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We liked the hotel...not loved it. It was clean friendly front desk staff. The location was not in a very good area of the city. The hookers were every where. Not saying that hookers are bad...but are not a positive attraction for a "high" class hotel. I think I would find a different hotel if I go back to Panama.
The halls were noisy and and you could hear every person who walked down the hall, disrupting our nite's sleep.

Room Tip: Go some where else
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple