“Charming; good birding on site!”
Review of Albrook Inn

Albrook Inn
Ranked #36 of 79 Panama City B&B and Inns
Akron, Ohio
“Charming; good birding on site!”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for several nights recently while with Birding Panama and we're pleased with our experience. The rooms and food (at the on-site) restaurant were nothing fancy but worked well for us. The customer service was very good. We especially loved the fact we could wake up, walk out the door, and bird the property. There's a pond within very close walking distance in the back that we birded many times during our stay. The rooms were clean an sufficient and the restaurant/outdoor patio was nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room on the backside of the building if you don't mind the steps. If you...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This year was my second stay at the albrook inn hotel. After we changed the room (for more money), I was very confident (the first room hadn´t a window). There was a woman working at the reception and I think she was still getting used to her maybe "new" work, but still very friendly. I really liked the food at the hotel´s restaurant, I often had the pepper steak, really good! The service depended on the people who were working. The guy was very attentive, but the women not so much..There also was one guy working, helping with the luggage and garden, he was very very friendly! There is a small pool in the backyard of the hotel and it is very nice to have your breakfast or diner sitting outside in the garden. The hotel is just 5 minutes (by taxi) away from Albrook Mall, which is one of the biggest shopping malls in Panama, where you can get everything. Also the domestic Albrook airport ist closed by, so if you have your flights to san blas or bocas del toro early in the morning, this hotel is a very good choice. Because in panama you never know how long the traffic takes.

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room with a window looking at the backyard.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Frannziskar
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I am currently staying at the Albrook with the tour group Birding Panama and over the last two weeks I've stayed five days at the Albrook Inn in Panama City, Panama. The first 3 days I had no hot water and brought it to the attention of management and they couldn't fix it in the three days that I stayed here. I came back to Albrook 4 days later and had a room with hot water but when I ordered steak and potatoes for dinner they substituted zucchini for spuds without informing me and I don't like zucchini. I returned here last night and the internet was not working as was the case on the first night that I stayed here. Ten minutes ago I tried to leave my room to take a stroll before bedtime and found that I was locked IN my room and had to call the front desk to let me OUT of my room. I am currently in a new room with a door that appears to function correctly. I was planning to stay here another 2 days after the end of my bird watching tour but I am cancelling my reservations and staying at a Hostel that I've stayed in before. I stayed for a few days in 2010 and was not impressed with the Inn at that time but had no choice but to stay here this time since I was with a tour group. Since I am an avid birder I was disappointed to see dry hummingbird feeders and an absence of fruit feeders but the piles of festering trash by the dumpsters did attract quite a few Yellow-headed Caracaras and several Black Vultures which were of some consolation. I will say that the reception/maintenance staff was courteous and the grounds were attractive and the rooms were clean.

Room Tip: Room 120 had No hot water. I was locked IN room 105. The restaurant excels in mediocrity both in foo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank berdnerd

Travelers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Owensboro
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Ten of us were booked at the Albrook Inn as part of a package offered by Birding Panama. we were pleasantly surprised by the clean and modern bathroom and lovely grounds. Although the room was small, we are used to that from European travel. The grounds include ample birding opportunities. We saw egrets and heron on the small pond, as well as a variety of other birds in the surrounding area. The staff (other than the receptionist) spoke minimal English, but we managed well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 28, 2013

If a dirty bathroom, hair on your sheet, and loud 'boom boom' music from neighboring properties are your cup of tea, you'll love this place. Otherwise, I'd avoid it. We asked the receptionist if we could change rooms, and she replied that the hotel was booked. There wasn't a light on anywhere else in the hotel, and no cars in the parking lot. We had an early flight out of Albrook Airport, so I thought this would be a good idea to be close to the airport. Bad idea. I'll stay in Panama City next time.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, stay opposite the pool area.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Travelzlot
Houston
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night because my husband lived on Albrook AFB as a kid & wanted to revisit the area. Our room was sparse but it was clean with a comfortable bed. AC worked very well. Small pool. Very nice complementary breakfast. If it weren't for all the Albrook connection, we wouldn't have stayed here. That said, it's very close to Miraflores Locks and to Gamboa.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rwoehst
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This small and quaint hotel was a pleasant stay. The bedding and mattresses are among the best in all of Panama. Fixtures in bath are modern and clean. Large screen tv very nice and had good reception. Something not always at a panama hotel. No hangers in closet and closet smelled musty. Most likely due to a concrete floor in closet.

Breakfast was ok typical panama buffett. Prices was a bit high. I would suggest around $75 max price but things are going up.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business