“Good value for the price you pay.”
Review of Hotel Veracruz

Hotel Veracruz
Hotel Veracruz
Ranked #91 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I have stayed here many times, the first being in 2006. We have always had a good experience. They do not keep the room key. Besides, even in America the staff have a key. Cleanliness is good. Yes, there is mold evident on surfaces, especially in May to September, but you are not in the Northern Hemisphere. If anyone is complaining about street noise, you have never stayed in NYC. I have, and if you ever do, you will know that street noise in Panama is background music. Bottom line, Americans love to whine.

Room Tip: Be polite to the staff. A small tip helps.
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank smoke1964

Reviewed December 8, 2009

I have been stay at this hotel at least 7 times per year for the last 24 years. Its an average hotel, has aged gracefully and still maintains it coziness. If you can't stand loud noises ask for a room that's not to the roadside. If you read this Mr. Blanco, you have done a great job in keeping your standard for all these years.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Traveljunkie72
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I was actually there from 89-91 I thought it was great very freindly staff rooms were nice especilly the suit it took up the whole top floor

Stayed: January 2006
1  Thank JeremieB
Reviewed November 27, 2008

I ended up at the Veracruz because my vacation in Boquete and Bocas del Toro was cut short because of epic rains and flooding. My excellent taxi driver took a small group of us escaping the floods to several hotels and we finally found rooms at the Veracruz. Room was filthy, mold on walls, blood or something worse on the sheets, major leaking in the room. The staff were incredibly rude and unhelpful. I speak fluent Spanish and still could not arrange for a room change after my room became half-flooded. Housekeeper only threw some towels on the floor and said yes, there seems to be a flooding problem. Front desk gave me a pre-paid computer card instead of the phone card I requested and wanted me to pay for the mistake!!
By far the worst property I have stayed in during my many, many international travels.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Peppernsalt2
Reviewed August 25, 2008

Unfriendly and uncaring reception staff. The staff the first and only night we stayed, they stole from us when we went out to dinner. They keep the key to the room. They stole our wallet with cash and credit cards, laptop, and video camera. Didn't even say we are sorry. They should be banned from the business. They claimed to have a surveillance camera, the technician who was supposed to look into it never showed up.
Management was involved.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Getmovingnow
Reviewed May 17, 2008

As the previous review states. The staff are rude and unhelpful, and were unprepared to give me a room despite the confirmation of the booking being right in front of them. It took a full hour to sort it out, and they remained unhelpful for the duration of the stay. If it hadn´t been for the fact that I had already paid in advance, I would have gone elsewhere. Spend your money somewhere else in the city.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BelladonnaScotland
Reviewed February 26, 2008

Nice, clean and good service. you get wath you pay for. Good food at good price. The rooms are clean and te staff is nice. as the other hotels the street is very noise.

Stayed: January 2008