“Perfect for my group”
Review of Euro Hotel

Euro Hotel
Ranked #81 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I had a group stay at this hotel and we all thought that for the price this was a great place. First, it is clean. The restaurant food was very good at all the meals. The staff was friendly and helpful. A few spoke English so we got along well. When there was a problem Maintenance was right on it. The administrator was there every day overseeing things, very involved and accessable. The maids greeted us and the rooms were kept with clean towels every day. We used the conference room and it comfortably held 20 of us. Could probably hold 30. Internet access was spotty in the rooms but good in the lobby.
The hotel is centrally located and they had cabs for my people to go on forays that were fair. Drivers were good too. Not too fast.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank DrEduardo
There are newer reviews for Euro Hotel

Reviewed August 6, 2010

The diner in the restaurant is cheap and good food all day long. The rooms are very clean, and the staff very helpful. The rooms look into a courtyard that has the pool. Internet works but not always very dependable. It was a great deal for what we payed, and our four day stay there went very well.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank resilientnomad
Reviewed April 23, 2010

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! One of the employees of the hotel stole my watch that was hidden in my suitcase and also stole a swimsuit I purchased while in Panama City right out of the shopping bag. I noticed a few times when we arrived at the hotel that the receptionist stalled to give us our key so the person in our room would have enough time to exit before we arrived on our floor.

Despite the hotel being in a central location, it's not in the best part of town. Next door is a strip show. The hotel was clean and inexpensive but service was bad. The receptionists are rude, always angry and don't speak a word of English.

If you stay here make sure you don't leave anything you would consider somewhat valuable in the room bc it will disappear!!!!! Also, make sure you don't stay in a room next to the main road... the noise is unreal.

• Stayed: March 2010
3  Thank schinas
Reviewed February 20, 2010

I booked Euro Hotel because I was looking for a cheap hotel located in Panama City (Via España) for my family. When I came to tripadvisor to read the bad reviews from this hotel I was afraid of Euro Hotel, but I took the chance to book this place.

From the airport (tocumen) to the hotel we payed $40 to the taxi driver!! (very expensive) because when we got back to the airport from the airport we negotiated with a taxi driver and we payed him $22

My first impression was that Euro Hotel have an old look, when we checked in the lady from the front desk didnt greeted us.

The room was average, have an AC, small old TV, also the bath had hot water

Our room was very noisy because the hotel is just in front of the a main street

They have three old computers with free internet, kinda high speed

I recommend you to take taxis, they are cheap, and the roads didnt have many signs

We visited the Canal de Panama Reclusa Miraflores, Coastway, Old Panama all of them are very beautiful!!

Panama people are not friendly, they wont try to say "hello", "thanks" or "you are welcome"
I really didnt like their personality!!!

If you are looking for some shopping visit Albrook Mall or Multiplaza, I got some good stuff out there

Finally, Euro Hotel has a restaurant (kinda expensive) for all the three meals, I can recommend this place to young people, and you cannot expect any luxury from this hotel

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Clean and inexpensive centrally located. On Via Espana right in the mix, worth the money although you will have it easier if you actually speak spanish. Buy a phone card for $5 and call for several hrs to the US minimal service charge for using the room phone. Taxis always available most trips will be less than $10 anywhere most around $5.

Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2009

We stayed at this hotel on the reccomendation of our guesthouse owner in Boca who said he used it when he was in Panama City. To be honest I was looking for something a little more luxurious and the website picture looked awful but my husband was convinced by the price so we decided to commit to one night and then look elsewhere. On arrival I was pleasantly surprised - it is a budget hotel but has all the facilities you really need and the place was well kept and neat and tidy. Our rooms were cleaned every day and I decided that for an extra ($150) the balance between this and the Raddison where I wanted to stay it was probably not worth it for a bigger room and BBC World Service!

In the end we stayed five nights and really enjoyed our stay - the little plunge pool in a hotel in this range turned out to be a real bonus too.

The hotel is well located in between the buisness and the more local district. We found the area pretty safe and had no hesistation at walking back from the Buisness District at night (about a 10 minute walk) I would watch walking in the other direction though as the area gets a bit rougher.

All in all a great little find - would definately go back and we had a great time spending all the money we saved staying here instead of a top hotel!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2009

We stayed in Euro Hotel for five nights and we liked it! Of course this is budget hotel so you can´t expect five star hotel! Everything else was good but breakfast was just ok and the staff doesn´t speak much english. Fortunately we understood poquito espanol ;)
We left our baggage there for 10 nights (cause we traveled to Bocas and came back to Euro Hotel). They didn´t charge any money for that and baggage was like we left it! So you can trust the staff!
If you are searching secure and budget hotel to stay in Panama City, stop looking: this is your hotel! :)

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple