“CHEAP, SAFE & CLEAN HOTEL”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Euro Hotel

Euro Hotel
Ranked #92 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
Texas
“CHEAP, SAFE & CLEAN HOTEL”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2010

I booked Euro Hotel because I was looking for a cheap hotel located in Panama City (Via España) for my family. When I came to tripadvisor to read the bad reviews from this hotel I was afraid of Euro Hotel, but I took the chance to book this place.

From the airport (tocumen) to the hotel we payed $40 to the taxi driver!! (very expensive) because when we got back to the airport from the airport we negotiated with a taxi driver and we payed him $22

My first impression was that Euro Hotel have an old look, when we checked in the lady from the front desk didnt greeted us.

The room was average, have an AC, small old TV, also the bath had hot water

Our room was very noisy because the hotel is just in front of the a main street

They have three old computers with free internet, kinda high speed

I recommend you to take taxis, they are cheap, and the roads didnt have many signs

We visited the Canal de Panama Reclusa Miraflores, Coastway, Old Panama all of them are very beautiful!!

Panama people are not friendly, they wont try to say "hello", "thanks" or "you are welcome"
I really didnt like their personality!!!

If you are looking for some shopping visit Albrook Mall or Multiplaza, I got some good stuff out there

Finally, Euro Hotel has a restaurant (kinda expensive) for all the three meals, I can recommend this place to young people, and you cannot expect any luxury from this hotel

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2010

Clean and inexpensive centrally located. On Via Espana right in the mix, worth the money although you will have it easier if you actually speak spanish. Buy a phone card for $5 and call for several hrs to the US minimal service charge for using the room phone. Taxis always available most trips will be less than $10 anywhere most around $5.

Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
London, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2009

We stayed at this hotel on the reccomendation of our guesthouse owner in Boca who said he used it when he was in Panama City. To be honest I was looking for something a little more luxurious and the website picture looked awful but my husband was convinced by the price so we decided to commit to one night and then look elsewhere. On arrival I was pleasantly surprised - it is a budget hotel but has all the facilities you really need and the place was well kept and neat and tidy. Our rooms were cleaned every day and I decided that for an extra ($150) the balance between this and the Raddison where I wanted to stay it was probably not worth it for a bigger room and BBC World Service!

In the end we stayed five nights and really enjoyed our stay - the little plunge pool in a hotel in this range turned out to be a real bonus too.

The hotel is well located in between the buisness and the more local district. We found the area pretty safe and had no hesistation at walking back from the Buisness District at night (about a 10 minute walk) I would watch walking in the other direction though as the area gets a bit rougher.

All in all a great little find - would definately go back and we had a great time spending all the money we saved staying here instead of a top hotel!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2009

We stayed in Euro Hotel for five nights and we liked it! Of course this is budget hotel so you can´t expect five star hotel! Everything else was good but breakfast was just ok and the staff doesn´t speak much english. Fortunately we understood poquito espanol ;)
We left our baggage there for 10 nights (cause we traveled to Bocas and came back to Euro Hotel). They didn´t charge any money for that and baggage was like we left it! So you can trust the staff!
If you are searching secure and budget hotel to stay in Panama City, stop looking: this is your hotel! :)

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2009

Hotel is very bland and in a fairly noisy area just by the junction with Via Espana and Avenida Peru, near to Hotel Via Espana. Section of Via Espana runs one-way east-west in front of hotel. Well situated for accessing all the sites though and easy to get a taxi. Ten minute walk to Via Argentina for more bars and restaurants. Ten minute plus walk to Calle Uruguay for clubs but take a cab as not a great walk at night. Rooms are adequate and good value for the City. Outdoor swimming pool is small but peaceful if open to the dirt carried in by the wind. Staff friendly but speak little English. The Tour Desk operator speaks no English at all which was unusual for a tourist hotel but of course that is my fault for not speaking any Spanish not hers. Restaurant good value but like rest of hotel lacking in atmosphere. Don't use cabs waiting outside hotel as double the cost. Hail one instead. Hotel handy for shops, mini-markets etc. No fridge or safe in room. Wanted payment on arrival for entire stay despite online booking in advance but not a big problem. Very handily placed for flagging down buses.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Ingelwood CA US
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2009

My family and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff was very and helpful and friendly. You can order up room service for a little bit extra. The cleaning staff is on call all day. The prices at the restaurant are reasonable. I found the location satisfied my needs. You can get a cab 24/7. If want some adventure just take the bus 25 cents. Although it was 93 outside the air conditioning kept our rooms nice and cool. The beds were cozy. The little market and the dry cleaning are right across the street. I will be going back!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Punta Chame, Panama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2009

i just returned from hotel during carnival time and the hotel was ok with me... the room was ok except the air conditioner broke down... the room was cleaned everyday..and i left my lap top and other items in room and no items missing. cant get internet from room so i had to go downstairs to access and resturant was ok..good fruit and juice and basic eggs and hotdog breakfast(free).

i would stay there again..

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business