“Great hotel, great location”

Las Vegas Hotel Suites
Ranked #83 of 117 Hotels in Panama City
Manchester, Connecticut
“Great hotel, great location”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This hotel is basic, as others say, but I found it to be clean and well managed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is excellent, amid restaurants, bars, and other high-end hotels. It's also across the street from a pharmacy, which is great for replacing forgotten toiletry items or just grabbing another bottle of cold water.

My only complaint is that the WiFi is painfully slow. Don't expect to stream any videos or download/upload large files very quickly.

Request a room on an upper floor so there's less noise from the road.

Room Tip: Request a room on an upper floor so there's less noise from the road. Drivers in Panama City loo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mangorick
Henry S, Owner at Las Vegas Hotel Suites, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
My staff and I are very happy that you are pleased with your stay with us, particularly our location and our carefully selected staff.

I will look into improving the internet speed. Thanks for pointing this out. You probably noticed how easy it is to log into our system, and how the access points inside each room provide a strong reliable signal.

We look forward to your next visit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Hotel Las Vegas is VERY basic. It has just what is required for your stay. The best thing about the hotel is that it is centrally located. The staff is extremely friendly and courteous. I wish they had breakfast instead of a continental breakfast. The hotel seems very antique compared to its competitors. The gym is very small and not worth using. If too many people are in there you will suffocate. The laundry area is convenient but, the clothes aren't rung properly causing you to spend more money as you wash. The hotel is clean and serves its purpose. One of the things I disliked the most was the television being in the bedrooms only. If you have visitors over, they would have to go into the bedroom to watch tv or if you are awake and decided to stay in for the day, you will have to stay in bed all day to watch tv. Also more cable stations are needed. My mom usually stay at the competitors hotel (don't want to mention the name) but the rooms wasn't available. She disliked this hotel a lot. I told her to make the best of it. This is not the worst and she said it is not the best. (She is there for 1 month). Overall, I wouldn't stay there again. I much prefer the competitor. It's definitely more modern and they have real breakfast not snacks for breakfast and the gym is the best, they even provide towels and water for your workout and the amenities are outstanding! Oh and there is no pool at hotel Las Vegas If you have small children they would not enjoy it there. The staff will greet you but they never refer you to any place to go. It's a good thing we are from Panama because we wouldn't have a clue. The restaurant on the main floor is okay if you like Italian food. I read another review where they said for $5.00 you can get breakfast on the terrace or something like that, well, when I was there I asked about breakfast and they say all the offer is the continental style breakfast they have and nothing else. I checked in 8/29/13 - 9/9/13. My mom and cousin is still there till the end of the month and the breakfast is still the same nothing. (And she is still trying to go to the other hotel because she is not pleased with this hotel.) She may be warming up to the place because if nothing else, the staff is wonderful and the supersedes a lot of things.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms in the front. The view is better
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Henry S, Owner at Las Vegas Hotel Suites, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
My staff will be very happy when I share your comments of their being extremely friendly and courteous, and yes, we are very proud of our location.

Based on your comments, I plan to update my staff on several items so they can better inform our guests. For example, we are now offering 36 premium cable TV channels. These include 5 movie channels (HBO, Cinemax, Max, etc); 4 news channels (CNN, Bloomberg, etc); 4 sports channels (ESPN, Fox, etc); 9 TV series channels (Sony, AXN, Warner, Universal, FX, etc); 4 educational channels (Discovery, History, etc); 7 variety channels (Telemundo, Arts & Entertainment, five local channels); 3 children channels (Disney, Discovery Kids, Cartoon).

The complimentary continental breakfast we offer in our sky terrace includes: white bread, raisin bread, yogurt, coffee, tea, fruit juices, bananas, apples, cupcakes, milk and cereal. Guests may opt for our rates which include an additional American style breakfast in our courtyard restaurant at a discounted price.

The fact that you are Panamanians is probably the reason our staff did not recommend things to see and do in Panama. Nonetheless I will discuss this with them.

Thank you very much for your feedback

Travelers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The hotel is located in the town center. There are shops and restaurants everywhere. The hotel is very big in terms of numbers of rooms. It's not the most modern but you can find everything needed. The hotel does not offer breakfast or any other meals but rooms have a fridge and a microwave.
The are taxis everywhere and it is easy to explore Panama City from there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank PrincessResi
Henry S, Owner at Las Vegas Hotel Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I'm happy to know that we met your expectations.

I'm also happy to let you know that we have started offering a very nice complimentary breakfast.in our Sky Terrace.

Guests may also opt for an American style hot breakfast for a $5 fee. It is served in our Courtyard restaurant among tropical vegetation. You probably noticed our Pomodoro Restaurant and Wine Bar are local favorites.

I hope you come back soon.
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had business to attend in Panama City, Panama and booked my flight and hotel thru Expedia.com, got what I thought was a good deal in an area (El Cangrejo) I know pretty well. I picked up my key at the front desk and went to my room which was right next to the elevator shaft, opened the door and saw that the room was not quite what I expected, it looked smaller than most walk in closets and the bathroom wasn't even finished. I should have just contacted expedia and gone somewhere else, but instead paid an additional $200 for an upgrade to a mediocre room at best. Bed felt like sleeping on the sidewalk, alarms going off all night every night, not a good experience. The only saving grace was the restaurant, which was good. Do yourself a favor, stay elsewhere!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank capinron
Henry S, Owner at Las Vegas Hotel Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for letting us know that we did not meet your expectations.

We have four tiny rooms (out of 88) which we advertise as a "micro studios measuring only 172 square feet". The price is roughly half that of our regular rooms, so you get a micro room for a micro price. I will look into ways to further emphasize the small size of these rooms or perhaps take them off Expedia altogether as not to create confusion.

Our beds are orthopedic. That's why they feel hard to the touch, but provide great sleep quality.

Best regards
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at the Las Vegas Hotel Suites in Panama City, Panama from 25-29 July. I arrived late at night and was met by a friendly and courteous front desk employee. Like many other establishments in Panama, the hotel had security posted outside. The hotel lobby was minimal, and it led into a terrace where there were tables for eating. There were also a small restaurant and bar immediately adjoining the terrace.

Upon entering the studio suite, there was a small sink and a small microwave oven atop a large refrigerator. The water, for washng and showers got hot within seconds, and there was ample supply. The floor had 2' X 2' ceramic white tile throughout. The room was furnished with a double bed, a built-in desk, and an upholstered chair. Additionally, there was a 32" HDTV and in-room wireless router (access code is provided upon check-in). Overall, the room was very clean with NO smell. The bathroom, though small was clean and functional. There was also a small air conditioner, which functioned well and operated quietly. Due to the size of the room, the temperature quickly became comfortable. Located in the closet, the room was also equipped with a small safe for valuables.

The next morning, I realized that I had forgotten to bring my cell phone charger. I asked the staff on duty at the time if there was a place where I could get a charger. Without hesitation, one of the staff (Marqueza) offered me her personal charger to use during the duration of my stay. Also, I would especially like to acknowledge the assistance I received from Yasira (Front Desk Supervisor) and Yaremis.

For the negatives, there was excessive noise coming from the street as well as the commotion coming from the people on the terrace. As my room was located on the first floor, this was to be expected. But it was an annoyance, none the less.

Overall, my stay was enjoyable and pleasant. Las Vegas Hotel Suites is an example of satisfactory lodging at a minimal price. Recommend to anyone staying in Panama City who wishes to spend the bulk of their money on entertainment and shopping and not the accommodations!

Room Tip: May want to stay on a higher level floor to minimize street and terrace noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Henry S, Owner at Las Vegas Hotel Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for giving us your feedback. It's very helpful to know what we are doing right and where we need to improve. I'm happy to know that overall you enjoyed your stay. I will share your comments with our staff.
Worcester MA
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The location is great. Its across the street from the Veneto hotel and many restaurants and shops. The 25 dollar charge for a guest is simply ridiculous. Come on man!!! The wifi is free and a bit slow. The room was small but efficient. Next time I will stay across the street.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank kentmoney1
Thank you for your feedback. We are in the process of doubling the internet speed. Most hotels in our area discourage 1-night additional guests. The $25 charge is part of that policy.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Pro's: Good location, Nice tv, Fridge in room, a/c and room looks clean. Nice internet room. Glad to have hot water. Smooth check in and check out.
Cons: Small box of a room, small bed, and a 25 dollar charge for any guest.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
I appreciate your taking the time to write this review. I'm glad we met your expectations except for the size of the room and the guest charge.

We do advertise this room as a "micro studio" measuring only 172 square feet. The price is roughly half that of our regular rooms, so you get a micro room for a micro price.

The guest charge is part of our policy to discourage 1 night guests. Most hotels in our area have a similar policy.