“Not a fancy restaurant”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I too had the corvina, which was very good. As far as the smells go, I remember them mostly outside, a little downstairs and nothing upstairs in the restaurant. This is a fish market after all, not the mall. My fish was served with red limes, which I had never had before. Very tasty. My meal with two beers was about $10. This was a good place to visit during my ten hour Panama City layover.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Should be called The Casco Fish Market or something that distinguishes it from the Panama Fish Market just nearby which is the where the fishing boats land their catch and has led to confusion. We had Excellent corvina, beautifully cooked, served on wooden tables in an historic old building.
Very atmospheric with lanterns and fairy lights. No invasive TV or overpriced, over cooked fish.

1  Thank Julie H
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The a must visit and if you like ceviche, please have some here one of the best ceviche I have tasted.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I come to shop and eat as often as I can. Before shopping for my langostinos and fresh fish, I always pick up some shrimp ceviche to nibble on while shopping.

I am not referrring to a food truck, I am referring to the real fish market, which opens quite early and closes around 4PM.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We have been visiting the el Mercado de Mariscos for about 7 years. We love to walk around the bottom of the market to see all of the fish that is available and many times we go upstairs to enjoy the fish offerings. They have a incredible fish soup. This year we were able to walk over from Via Balboa . The park is lovely and they have expanded it close to the fish market. There are exercise stations along the bay, though it is too hot to us them. You can walk right over to the Mariscos and browse all of the food stations. On the ground floor, outside of the market, there are many restaurants that offer cerviche and other fish meals. This afternoon we just ate fresh cerviche and water. It is so much fun to experience. It does not get any better.