“Quicky in Panama”

Ranked #24 of 113 Hotels in Panama City
Atlanta, Georgia
“Quicky in Panama”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was a great choice. Normally I stay in town at the big Marriott but my business meeting was at the airport and I was just staying overnight.
The breakfast buffet was great and the staff was very nice.
They helped get me a reliable driver that picked me up at the airport and I needed his services for 8 hour the next day and he was very accommodating and professional.
The rooms were very clean and very comfortable.
I will stay again on my next trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kstadler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I spare the standard stuff, however staff and "corporate policy" really didn't help making our stay any more convenient, for example you don't get a bottle of water (a shame for a 150USD place), or we couldn't make a quick local phone call from the reception desk even though it was urgent and would have cost 0.10 US cent. (we offered to add it to our bill, but "no, very sorry sir, this is impossible...")

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank agi l
NJ
Reviewed August 1, 2013

on our trip back from Costa Rica, we stopped by Panama City for 4 days. We booked this hotel because of the name (Marriott) and because it was near a mall where we were told has nice food court. We weren't sure what to expect in Costa Rica, so the idea of having fast food was attractive.

After the hospitality of Costa Rica, Marriott Multiplaza disappointed. It has the basics... It has a very nice breakfast. It is next to the Pacific metromall which is nice. The food court is nice (though we didn't really need the fast food). It is run of the mill hotel.

What was disappointing was the front desk staff's willingness to help. They were dressed profesional, but at no point and time I felt that I was actually welcome there. May be its a Panama City v Costa Rica thing (where we felt welcome). May be its English Speaking v Spanish Speaking thing.

Example: I asked for change for laundry. The front desk person said... no, she doesn't have change. at her suggestion, I asked the bar, who again gave me a cold shoulder. I went back to the front desk and specifically asked the person to check other registers, where she found the change.

I expect the staff to at least try to be helpful.

Overall, the location is good, the food (breakfast) is great; the staff is "ok." I have been to many Marriotts before, this was probably in the lower tier in terms of service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank GoingtoPlaces123
United States
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have stayed at the Courtyard Multiplaza four times since the property opened in 2004. Having experienced it from every angle and facet, we can confidently say it is among the better choices in Panama City from a number of standpoints.
Value for money is excellent, the location (adjacent Multiplaza [Panama's premier shopping center]) could not be better for us, and amenities and service are good. Breakfast is varied and reasonably priced. The gym is excellent, but was not functioning properly when we stayed.
On the whole, the Courtyard will not 'wow' anybody, but it will not disappoint either. Consistency is the name of the game over there, and we will be coming back the next time we visit Panama.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Stockholm
Reviewed July 13, 2013

A good hotel situated next to Multiplaza shoppingmall, Our room was spacious and in good condition. Buffet breakfast was included in our rate and it was good and the service was excellent. The staff was very kind at this hotel. There was a lot of road work outside the hotel but that did not bother us.In Multiplaza there are several restaurants, cafés and many shops an also big grocery shop.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Waltham, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I spend 4 night at a top floor room. The front desk staff was great. The rooms were spacious and modern. The mall next door was great. It even had a grocery store where you can get essentials.
I tried the breakfast 1 time but it was not worth the $13 they charge. The only problem I had was the road work taking place right in front of the hotel. It is very difficult to enter the hotel/mall. I had a rental-car and I always had to drive all the way down the street and do a U turn to get in. 1 day before I left, I left I realized you can cut through the mall's parking lot but it took some skills to navigate it and end up at the hotel's entrance. But if you are only taking taxis you should be fine because they will know how to get you there quickly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 3, 2013

A nice hotel conveniently sited next to a very large shopping complex. Service is excellent, rooms clean and tidy. I would stay there again.
Rooms facing away from the road works are much quieter at night

Room Tip: higher floors have less road noise