“One of my Favorites”

Courtyard Panama at Multiplaza Mall
Ranked #22 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel several time over the past 2 years....it was always a wonderful experience. It it located next to the "gringo" mall. Lots of the top rated stores are located in that mall as well as Benihanas and TGI Fridays. Top stores like Jimmy Choo, Gucci, & Movado as well as a great movie theatre with VIP seating where you sit back in a nice leather recliner during you movie. The hotel is located in a very busy metropolitan area of town. Great breakfast, but expensive. An awesome bar area as well as nice pool. The employees are so nice and extremely helpful. If you are not one to get out & about to explore...this is a great place to stay...you have it all right there. This is a very safe area of town, I never hesitated going out by myself or allowing my 13 yr old to go by himself.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Dear Singing girl

We appreciate your kinds coments, as you mention being next to Multiplaza Mall, makes our location very convinient to all our guests, since you can find a variety of restaurants, movie theaters, supermaket and arround 300 stores.

We hope to welcome you in the near future,

If you have plans to come back to Panama, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Carolina Vidal
carolina.vidal@courtyard.com

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel every time I go to Panama. The staff is very friendly. The rooms and food excellent. I recommend this hotel for your stay in Panama.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank vicluc64
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Hello Vicluc64

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your comments and hope we can have you in the near future. If you have plans to come back to Panama, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Carolina Vidal
carolina.vidal@courtyard.com

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Some minor details buts it's ok just to sleep Hotel. The rooms are nice but they definitely need to remove the carpet floor, it smells like any other carpet floor, bad, the bathroom's nice as well the beds are soft and comfy,
The breakfast its just not what you expect from a Marriot, really hard fruits, hard bread, at least they make decent omelette's.
It has a great location, next to the Multiplaza mall, in the center of the city, everything is really near to it. There's always a taxi waiting for you outside so no need to worry about that matter.
Dinner was really tasty, fantastic ceviche, you should try the ¨Sancocho¨ soup great as well. But there's tons of places around Panama City to eat so don't stay at the hotel. Cosway has lots of delicious restaurants.

Room Tip: Near elevators
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Panamahotel, Sales & Marketing at Courtyard Panama at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2012

Dear Ronald

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, we appreciate it very much, they are being taking in consideration, we are working to improve our breakfast buffet, we have already made some changes. the changes or our carpets will take a little bit more time, but it has been consider.- We are glad that you enjoy our food at dinner time, please if you come back to Panama, don’t hesitate to contact me, I will be glad to assist you

Kind regards,

Lucia.hildebrand@courtyard.com

Reviewed May 8, 2012

A very good business hotel, located adjacent to a very nice mall in Panama City. The staff is very attentive and the WiFi works well. A good business hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Panamahotel, Sales & Marketing at Courtyard Panama at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Hello SDBLima
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your comments, hope we can have you in the near future, and enjoy our location next to the Metromall!
If you have plans to come back to Panama, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Regards
lucia.hildebrand@courtyard.com

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Not a bad choice if you travel to Panama on business. I would definitely stay here again. It is next door to a pretentious mall which struggles to be Miami, but doesn't quite make it. However, it is nice to have somewhere to walk around. It has a supermarket so you can get something to eat other than restaurant food. Unfortunately, Panama is home to some of the worst customer service in Latin America, but the employees in the hotel do a fairly good job. (As good as one can expect in Panama.) The breakfast is mediocre. The hotel appears to be brand new and very clean. Excellent Internet connection. In the lobby, I liked the diner-booths which double as work space.

Room Tip: I was in a room facing the front and a major thoroughfare, but the noise didn't bother me.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear alanisinecuador

We appreciate much your coments, being next to Multiplaza Mall, it is very convinient to all our guests, since you can find a variety of restaurnats, movie theaters, supermaket and arround 300 stores.- regarding our brekfast, we are working to improve it!
Please if you descide to come back to Panama, please dont hesitate to contact me.-

Kind regards

Lucia.hildebrand@coutyard.com

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This hotel is a pleasant supprise. It was attached to a very high end shopping mall so there was plenty to do with in walking distance. The staff was very professional and the hotel was very clean and looked new.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2012

For my husband and myself, we couldn't beat the location. Our flight from the States arrived at PTY airport in the evening and the next day we needed to take a flight from the smaller Allbrook airport to Bocas del Toro, so this property put us closer to Allbrook, as we were only here one night when we arrived in Panama.

We also stayed here our last night in Panama, since our flight back to the States was in the morning.

When we arrived for our first night the staff was exceptional and everything you would expect from a Marriott employee. In fact, because I have status with Marriott (albeit, only Silver) the gal at reception upgraded our room. We had a fantastic view and enjoyed a slightly larger room. What a nice way to start out our vacation.

Breakfast the next morning was typical of Marriott Courtyard properties, though you'll find a bit of local influence in the cuisine--heavier meats (as opposed to just bacon in the US), and loads of pineapple and papaya.

Since our flight leaving Allbrook wasn't until 3:00 in the afternoon we asked someone at reception if there were any tours of the city available. This was our first visit to Panama and we wanted to see the locks as well as the city. The fella at reception pulled out a binder and showed us a tour we could purchase, which included a private guide with his own car. It was perfect! And only about $80 for the day. Our guide, Fernando drove us to the locks at the canal, took us to the museum (we paid for our tickets, but Fernando got in for free) and then he took us to the Amador Causeway where we had gelato and enjoyed the beautiful view of the skyline and then he drove us through the crazy streets of The Old City. He also navigated the insane traffic in Panama City, pointing out significant buildings and areas. And then at the end of our tour, he dropped us off at Allbrook airport. Being as a taxi would have cost us $30, the additional $50 for the tour is not bad at all. If you have a day, I totally recommend this option of seeing Panama City.

Now to when we stayed at this property on our last night. Different staff yet same Marriott service. Though, we didn't get upgraded to a better room, so view was not special and room was a little smaller. (Note: I didn't ask for the upgrade. So perhaps if I did I might have gotten it, but I must confess, I thought they would upgrade me like they did before.) Oh well, Marriott Courtyards STILL are great properties and we had a good night's sleep.

It was nice having a Tony Roma's right next door to the hotel, as that's where we had our last meal in Panama. It was easy and familiar. We had imagined ourselves eating downtown and someplace really authentic or popular with locals, but to be honest, after 15 days of scuba diving and birding in the jungles we were completely beat! We decided convenient and easy was the best solution for us at the time.

Here's the funniest part of the whole thing: We didn't realize the Hotel is right next to the Multiplaza Mall. Well, I knew it was a mall, but I had NO IDEA it had amazingly chic stores in it until we wandered around a bit before dinner. There's Jimmy Choo, Ferragamo, Tiffany, Pandora, Michael Kors, etc. Crazy. Good thing I didn't find out about this before.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view--get an upgrade if you can.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MsBoice

Dear GatsbyGal
Thank you for your nice review, we appreciate it very much, we hope you enjoy your visit to Bocas del Toro, with the nice beaches, if you are planning coming back to Panama City, please don’t hesitate to contact me, I will be glad to assist you
Kind regards