“Is worst the prices”

Ranked #101 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
Grand Cayman
“Is worst the prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Furst of all is a free van that bring you to the hotel ... Make sure u ask well on the airport cause the taxis drivers will not tell u ... Cause the fact they prefer to bring u there and charge u ! But recommendation is ask for VIAJES FLORENCIA TOURS!....
The hotel is old .... But come on for the prices and the location ... And the people i will recomend it ! ... I stay there for 2 days ! And the manager was a good helper ! ... The breaksfast is not a omg ... But its good !!!

I saw that so many people got bad experience here ... But i think they r looking on to much details... If u r paying 100 plus dollar i will tell details but i pay 70 us for 2 night... I think is a good value !!!!

Thanks again !

Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Me and a friend stayed here at the end of our backpacking trip because we wanted to take it easy before flying home and do some shopping. Oh boy was this perfect for that, they have a pool on the roof with excellent view over Panama City and the rooms were really nice. We got a double room with two kingside beds and two bathrooms, there was a satellite TV that was huge, maybe 50"! The breakfast buffé was perfect for two hungry guys in their early twenties because it consisted of a variety of freshly made dishes e.g. pancakes and/or scrambled eggs. The staff is really friendly and speak good English. The ONLY thing that prevents this from being a 5 star review is the fact that the Wi-Fi is horrible, it's not working half the time and when it is working it's really slow. We've had better Wi-Fi in 10$ hostels!
Still would recommend.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Edinburg, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

i did like this Inn at first,value wise.but ,when the stoppage of water supply became more frequent,i had it.first,the receptionist didint tell us guests in advance that water will be cut off temporarily.this happened 3 days in a row,at least when i stayed there from 26 to 29the of this month.one time,i was about to take a shower and there was none.i called up the receptionist,she responded in 15 mins,then 30 mins.it lasted for about 4 hrs,at least.another time,the water stopped ,whilst i was brushing my teeth and shaving.had to use bottled water.so befor4e you book,tell the receptionist,that if there will be water crisis,then you will not pay.if only not for the water issue and receptionists being dishonest,i will stay again,next time,due to ample free breakfast and $2 trip to the airport.the restaurant prices are very reasonable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Santa Fe, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed there one night on the way back from Peru with my sister and wife. We were attracted to it because of the shuttle service, which was nice, but we had to wait about 30 mins. Not bad compared to a $45 taxi ride.

Once we got to the hotel they checked us into the wrong type of room and after fixing it, they forgot to update our key. A little frustrating.

There aren't restaurants around, at least that I could find, so we ate at the hotels. It took us 20 minutes to be served until I went and grabbed a server and then after 45 MINUTES they come and told us they didn't have what we ordered and we had to start over. After a bit of complaining the hotel covered a different meal we had, as we couldn't go else where because it was getting late. It was very frustrating after a long day of traveling.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
HotelCostaInnPanama, Gerente at Hotel Costa Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Please accept my sinceres apologies for the incoveniences that you had during your stay in the hotel especially with the people of the restaurant.
I will investigate that situation, but we really feel sorry for what happened

Best Regards

Miami, Florida, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed one night in April 2014. Stayed in a two double bed room. It was basically two adjoining rooms separated by an open wall. Each area had its own double bed, tv, and small bathroom with shower and toilet. The room was very outdated but clean. The price of the room included free breakfast, which was average. The breakfast consisted of coffee or OJ, small hotdogs,eggs, bread and cereal. The staff was polite and the hotel was clean although I felt the whole place needed a renovation. A good place to stay if no other options are available.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Irene A
HotelCostaInnPanama, Gerente at Hotel Costa Inn, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay.

I would like to apologize of the inconvenience you had during you stay in our Hotel. We are under renovation,

Many thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Best regards

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

The free shuttles are not as advertised. Fodor's recommended this hotel, based upon free shuttles to the airports... not totally true! After I cleared immigration & customs at Tocumen in January, it took over an hour for the representative from Viajes Florencia to load me into a van that took me to another hotel before delivering me to Costa Inn. I gave the driver a nice tip (not her fault). The room was okay, though in serious need of upgrading and the air conditioning could not keep up until the sun went down. Dinner in the hotel was the toughest steak I can ever recall trying to eat. The trip to Albrook the next day was driven by a hotel employee and I was charged $10.00 for a supposedly free transfer. A few staff members made every effort to accommodate my poor Spanish, others made no effort whatsoever. Perhaps hotel management should stop claiming to be English-friendly.

Upon my return to Panama City, three weeks later, there was no driver from Viajes Florencia (though there was supposed to be), so my 'free transfer' suddenly was $15.00 plus tip. The room was about the same as my previous room, except that the air conditioner had leaked onto the floor for so long (years, I would imagine) that the tiles were buckled and popping loose. The air conditioning still could not keep pace with the outside heat and the room above had water running for so long that I had difficulty sleeping. The restaurant staff was all new and they were quite surly to the three or four English speaking patrons... one man asked for a double shot of really good rum and the girl short-shotted him on each. I picked up a menu and motioned to both of the waitresses that I was going to step outside on the dining veranda, but they never came to wait on me. Both made several trips to the veranda, but studiously ignored me. After a little over 30 minutes, I left, took a cab to Martin Fierro's and had a wonderful dinner. Fierro's is a terrific restaurant and right across the street from the hotel Paradour, where I have always stayed in the past and will again next year for my annual pilgrimage to Bocas del Toro.

As for the hotel Costa Inn, the surly staff should simply post a sign in the lobby that says "If you're English speaking we do not want your business and we're too stupid to realize that if we act like rude peasants to our guests, we will no longer have any guests, so will have to return to whatever sad circumstances we have been trying to escape."

Sadly, there was an older woman on the day shift in the restaurant who tolerated my poor Spanish and reciprocated with her slightly better English who will also be without a job when this hotel fails and this is truly sad.

I will certainly be advising my friends traveling to Bocas del Toro to avoid the Hotel Costa Inn.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank OldGrayNut
HotelCostaInnPanama, Gerente at Hotel Costa Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Please accept my sinceres apologies for the incoveniences that you had during your stay in the hotel especially with the company Viajes Florencia and bad restaurant experience

I will investigate that situations, but we really feel sorry for what happened

Best Regards
Eugene, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

This is the 3rd time I have stayed at this hotel and unfortunately, this time I found it less than acceptable. The receptionist at the front desk was not welcoming, helpful or friendly. Our three rooms on the 5th floor would have been fine if half of the light bulbs had not been missing and if the shower heads worked. The complimentary breakfast was barely adequate and the staff here didn't seem eager to please. The ride to the airport, however is still a nice bonus.

Room Tip: rooms on the second floor are extremely small.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
HotelCostaInnPanama, Gerente at Hotel Costa Inn, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel. We are disheartened that you did not enjoy your stay

Hotel Costa Inn

Once again, our sincerest apologies