I stayed at Hotel Centroamericano during my first visit to Panama City in 2009. The Hotel staff is warm, friendly and helpful in all respects. I stayed at this Hotel for three weeks, and walked almost everywhere I went. What a way to REALLY visit Panama.
I want to add so much here, but space is at a premium. I enjoyed the Hotel so much, I returned a year later (2010) and stayed another three weeks. During this time much of the Hotel was under renovation, but the service and wonderful staff still made a great impression on me, and my stay was a tremendous experience.
The rooms were always cleaned everyday, seven days a week. The Hotel has it's own restaurant, with an adjacent bar on the ground floor. The food and drinks are reasonably priced and again, the staff was super friendly and excellent.
It's a sad note from here on, however. I am returning back to Panama City in September (2012). I found that due to the renovations (mentioned above), that the price had shot up from $33 a night to $55, with no discounts for lengthy stays. Since I will again be staying in Panama for three weeks, this price increased has forced me to find another hotel. I have booked the hotel across the street for one-half the price that Hotel Centroamericano now charges. Also, Hotel Centroamericano has a contract driver to shuttle guests to and from the airport, at about $40 a trip. The hotel across the street has free shuttle service 3 times a day to the airport.
I want to close this review on an up note! I loved staying at Hotel Centroamericano, for a total of six weeks over a two year period. The friendly staff and cleanliness of the Hotel speaks for itself. In all fairness, the current price of $55 is probably about right given the extensive renovations that have obviously taken place since my last visit two years ago.
I still highly recommend this hotel. It does depend upon what you are looking for, however. If price is a consideration, and if you are only staying for two or three nights, then Hotel Centroamericano is still a great value. For very lengthy stays, in excess of a few days, you might want to look around elsewhere if economy is your only consideration.
There is a leisurely atmosphere in this area of Panama, and Hotel Centroameriano is still in a prime location to get to know Panama in an older section of the city. Beautiful parks, shopping and other attractions are right there within walking distance from the Hotel. And, walking around this area is safe and relaxing, even during the evening hours.
On the bright side. I'll be staying just across the street in another hotel this time. But it will still be an opportunity to visit Hotel Centroamericano's restaurant and bar, and hopefully meet up again with the wonderful staff that operates these facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On business or leisure trip, here you will find a warm atmosphere, with all the facilities you need, also has the best location just minutes from the most important commercial areas of Panama, with easy transportation 24 hours. We are a Pet Friendly hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Centroamericano Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centroamericano Hotel Panama City
- Centroamericano Hotel Panama/Panama City