“Best value in el Cangrejo”
Review of Marbella Hotel

Marbella Hotel
Ranked #85 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We frequently use this hotel when we overnight in Panama. Staff is accommodating, restaurant on site for a quick breakfast. Close to Veneto Casino for a relaxing evening. Safe area with lots of good restaurants within walking distance. Lighting for reading is bleak... bring a book light if you plan to read.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank casaarcoiris
There are newer reviews for Marbella Hotel

Reviewed March 27, 2012

stayed at 5 mid priced hotels the past 2 months in Panama City and this was the best by far.the main reason is the staff. service in Panama can be, shall we say rather weak. just the opposite here. friendly smiling and accomodating. the housekeeper on 3/25/12, rm 411, even filled my ice bucket which was waiting for my cerveza when i returned. outstanding! wifi is excellent. spotless rooms. quiet. excellent location. thank you.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank BluesSeeker
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Loved the restaurant the fish soup is so good and so is the egg sandwich the garlic bread is so amazing.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank katiesnyder_157
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Stayed here for three nights. Reasonably clean, little noisy but therefore in the center of everything. Avoid the restaurant especially as there are many good places in the neighborhood.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions. However, my last TWO trips were met by the same game of cat and mouse. You see, I would call the hotel, and confirm my reservation before departure. However, once I arrived at the hotel, surprise, surprise, they don't have a reservation for you.
The reasons I choose the hotel are location and price. But since I am a single traveler I do pay the lowest rate in their book. If anyone else shows up and can pay more than their listed single rate, they would not acknowledge an established and confirmed reservation despite giving these people your credit card information for them to hold a room for you. I repeat, this has happened twice causing me to change my credit card number TWICE.
If you value having your reservation honored after you call a hotel, and be able to actuallu stay there, I highly recomend that you find someplace else because these guys are not going to honor your reservation and don't value your business if someone else will pay more for your "Guaranteed" reservation.
Go there at your own peril, If you like carrying your bags to find another hotel despite having a reservation for this one, go ahead. I know that mess isn't happening to me again. I would go find another hotel and pay more if I have to so I don't have to find another hotel despite having a reserbation for THIS one. You have been warned!!!

Room Tip: This is a very simple bunk down hotel but if you want a best room, simply OVERPAY. That's what...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank Alexander1969
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Rates are $50US This hotel is clean and the staff is very friendly. Spanish spoken staff made it a bit difficlt for me but I am practicing. The rooms are small but everything works there is a restaurant and the soup was fantastic. as long as you keep the windows closed you will be able to sleep when the town awakens. I do not like that I had to pay $2US plus tax to use the computer to write this review.

Room Tip: top floor has great veiws of the city
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank michellemilnejones
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Stayed April 2010. This is the first time I went with a trip advisor suggestion, and after walking in went, hmmmmm. It was my only time in Panama City, so maybe I would feel differently after seeing the competition. Very clean, but the area and hotel had no charm at all. Advertised as qn beds but we got a double and an oversized twin. Weird. Good bar and air conditioning in the nearby casino! Adequate for a stopover and place to put your head, but there has to be better choices for the same value elsewhere. It is near shopping, but just stripmall junk. Big market was on nearby main street. Best deal in Panama is to find taxi driver who speaks english and hire him to take you anywhere you want and to stay with you. At his suggestion, we kept a guy over 5 hrs @ $10/hr, and visited historic downtown, locks, harbor, etc.

Room Tip: ask to see another rm if you don't like urs.
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family