“Hotel Decapolis”

Ranked #21 of 117 Hotels in Panama City
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Hotel Decapolis”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Hotel Decapolis was our home away from home while in Panama. Being away from home for two weeks was rough enough has it is, having a nice place to go to after a long day is great. The front desk workers, the managers, to the door men were all very welcoming to our group. We were able to check in very easily and were able to get help any time we needed it. The rooms were cleaned every day and fresh towels were folded every day when we would return from being gone. The only complaints I would have would be how slow the breakfast was in the morning and how our room keys broke almost daily.

Room Tip: A $20 tab is given to each room daily
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Santiago S, Director de Recepción at Radisson Decapolis Hotel Panama City, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Mr. Tyler,

Thank you for taking the time to share how was your stay with us. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

Anyhow, I have shared your comments with the staff and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize them for a job well done and to remark to them the importance of a good attitude in the hospitality industry.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

+507-215-5000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Mandeville, Louisiana
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I was very pleased with my stay at this hotel. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. The rooms were cleaned spotless everyday by the time I arrived back to the hotel, which made it very easy for me to relax. You receive two free large bottles of water every day, which is something I enjoyed very much because the Panama heat can be a lot to handle at times.
Breakfast was included every morning - it was very delicious.
The hotel is in a great location. Directly across the street is a great mall with almost anything you would need. There is also a movie theater and casino inside of the mall.
The hotel is located in a great location and within walking distance from the Balboa Statue, which is near a great walk way with a view of the water.
The staff at the Decapolis made me feel immediately at home and did not hesitate to help when help was needed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Santiago S, Director de Recepción at Radisson Decapolis Hotel Panama City, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Mrs. Virginia,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay at Radisson in Panama City!

I have shared your compliments with the team. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize them for a job well done and to remark to them the importance of a good attitude and service.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your words and we are looking forward to welcome you back again!

Best Regards,

Radission Decapolis Panama
Toronto
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Radisson is a good chain. Stayed in this hotel 3 years ago, but since then the rooms are tired. They are not up to date for what you would expect of a Radisson. Check-in took way too long, but the staff was pleasant. Wireless is spotty. Breakfast was below average at best.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank cdaworld13
Santiago S, Director de Recepción at Radisson Decapolis Hotel Panama City, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. In reviewing your comments I noticed areas where you rated us below what I consider to be acceptable, including conditions of the room, wifi, check in time and the breakfast.

If you have a moment and are willing to share any specifics on these items it would help me to remedy these concerns. However, regardless of your response to my request I want to make sure that you feel your comments were heard.

I'm hoping that you'll visit us again. If you'd like, you can reach me at the phone number listed below or contact me through my email address. It would be a pleasure to personally discuss with you any specifics and / or suggestions you'd like to offer.

Radisson Decapolis Panama
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Spent a week based here. Good central location. Very accommodating front desk, Victor was great! Stayed on 25th floor overlooking the bay. New hotel being built next door so you want a bay/city side room. Breakfast included and was outstanding. Friends were next door at the Hard Rock...crazy busy, noisy, huge waits for the elevators and you need a map to get around. So glad we picked the Radisson!

Room Tip: If you want to use the services at the spa make your appointment right away.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank mizloi
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

All the best,

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We only stayed one night. Our purpose for staying in the city was to be close to the airport due to an early morning flight. Our view wasn't that great (construction site), but the room was quiet and comfy. Very nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Logan K
Santiago S, Director de Recepción at Radisson Decapolis Hotel Panama City, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Mr. Logan,

OH-IO
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We even opted for the high floor suite, but it was pretty vanilla ice cream. The staff was just so-so. The wait staff in the disc/lounge seemed bored and not too keen on service. The pizza joint in the lower level was good and priced reasonably. If I were to go again, I think I would opt for the Hard Rock next door. The roof top pool was nice, but small.

Room Tip: You have to get pretty high up, or you cannot see the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank KMLaing
Santiago S, Director de Recepción at Radisson Decapolis Hotel Panama City, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. In reviewing your comments I noticed areas where I consider being not acceptable, including some staff members and your suite.
I want to make sure that you feel your comments were heard.
I'm hoping that you'll visit us again. If you'd like, you can reach me at the phone number or email listed below. It would be a pleasure to personally discuss with you any specifics and / or suggestions you'd like to offer.
We are working diligently to correct these issues and I appreciate that you brought them to my attention.

Radission Decapolis Panama
Crystal River, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Writing this review on our last day in the Radisson Dekapolis after a four day stay. The hotel is a great place to stay: good location, nice rooms and friendly staff. Be aware that there is a huge buildingsite to the right of the hotel. The view from our room was blocked by the new building. For us it was no problem, because we're only in the room to sleep. Sure you'll hear some noise from the work in progress, but remember this is Panama, an emerging city full of buildingsites!

Good beds and the best hotel breakfast I have had in years: lot of fresh products and good coffee!

Sorry we have to leave tomorrow, but will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Santiago S, Director de Recepción at Radisson Decapolis Hotel Panama City, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Guest,