“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #20 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We decided to start the year looking for a warm weather and escape the winter and decided to go to San Blas Islands & Bocas del Toro in Panama. We were surprised by the friendly staff they got, at the entrance a very friendly guy helped us with our bags. We have to go very early to catch our flight and at the front desk they offered some box lunches to take because we had the breakfast included, that was very nice and thoughtful of them. Wish we could stay longer, but we would definitely go back to the Radisson Decapolis on our next visit to Panama

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ssenega, Director de Recepción at Radisson Decapolis Hotel Panama City, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Alexandra,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay at Radisson in Panama City!

I have shared your compliments with the team. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize them for a job well done and to remark to them the importance of a good attitude in the hospitality industry.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we are looking forward to welcome you back again!

+507-215-5000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed February 4, 2014

After an exhausting flight from Brazil, the Radisson Decapolis allowed us to stay in their hotel.

Pros: business center, real estate, price, location, credits, security.

Cons: front desk needs be a little more friendly

Overall, I think this may be the best bang for your buck hotel. Trump and Hard Rock are way overpriced for a city that has not fully developed yet like a Miami or Sao Paulo. Very impressed by the city's landscape as the modern facilities are truely welcoming.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

I have shared your comments with the team at the front desk. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to remark to them the importance of a good attitude in the hospitality industry.

London, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2014

After spending 4 days at the Beach, we took a tour through the old city and the panama canal. We stayed 2 nights at the Radisson in Panama city and were thoroughly impressed. The front desk was especially helpful with good English. A great surprise with the 4th floor outdoor pool/patio/bar. Very comfy beds and modern decor. The only complaint would be the dinner service at Fusion restaurant. The food was superb but the servers were very slow to the table and not overly friendly. It was surprising as the rest of the staff at the hotel were exceptional with wonderful customer service. All in all, we would return and recommend this hotel for it's convenience (a skywalk to casino and mega mall) and wonderful ambeince.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to see the Panoramic view of the sky scrapers and ocean.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 4travellin4fun
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share how was your stay with us. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

Anyhow, I have shared your comments with the f&b team and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize them for a job well done and to remark to them the importance of a good attitude in the hospitality industry.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Philadelphia
Reviewed January 29, 2014

To those who say the Hard Rock is newer and better- stay there. For my money, this was a great choice, classy and comfortable. It is much more architecturally interesting and low-key than the cookie-cutter formulaic HR across the street. The suite we were in was huge and had a great view. Also, with the $20 per day bar credit and excellent breakfast buffet, a better value IMO. Yes it is getting a tad old (a bathroom renovation would go a long way) but still a solid and impressive property. Service was typical to what we encountered in Panama- friendly but inefficient and disinterested. And I love the art in the room and have no problem with the nipples. Some of my best friends have them. I find the images of some of the rock stars more offensive. All in all this was nicer than any Radisson I've been to, nicer and more personality than the cheesy Hard Rock.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gil123
Dear guest,

Anyhow, I have shared your comments with the staff and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to remark to them the importance of a good attitude in the hospitality industry.

Tampa Florida
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We spent a week in Panama Ciy and stayed at the Radisson Decapolis.We are repeat guests and love the hotel.Best breakfast buffet, Free parking,walkway to the Mall.Very helpful staff.The survey that comes to our e-mail is in Spanish so we cannot respond.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Logan,

Once again, thank you for your preference. We are pleased to hear that you still choosing Radisson as your place in Panama.

I have shared your compliments to all our partners, which have received your words with great joy

We are looking forward to welcome you back again here, at your home in Panama, Radisson Decapolis.

Cologne, Germany
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The Hotel is great, staff is very friendly and the guests get a welcome drink or late night drink for 20 Dollars per day for free. Thats a nice gesture. Breakfast is good, dress code in first floor, no dress code in the third floor (here you get the scrambled eggs for free, anyway). You can walk easily into the great mall from the fourth floor to go shopping. Here is the pool, far too small for such a hotel, but anyway construction work and the hole city makes it so noisy outside, that you won´t enjoy your stay there unless you are allready deaf. However the hotel is great and highly recommendable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Volker N
Dear Volker,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

New Jersey
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I'm extremely critical in all my reviews as Trip Advisor has served me abounds for the past 10yrs now its time to pay it forward. This was my second stay at Radisson Decapolis, my inital was 4 years ago shortly after they opened if I remember correctly. I enjoyed my stay & really like this hotel, this time with one large exception, the front desk staff. After a horrific day of dealing with airlines my itinerary for my trip changed and I was forced to stay in Panama for 3 days, not the worst place to wind up I'm certainly fond of the country. I had no reservation when I arrived late on a Saturday afternoon assuming it would be no problem the hotel is large and alot of newer hotels have been built at nearly the same price point per night. When I got to the front desk straight off the plane to inquire about rates I was told they had no rooms available in brief by a blonde haired girl, no hesitation, nothing. She then made a half wit effort to consult with what was perhaps the manager whispering something to her the other girl shook her head and the blonde hair girl replied again no rooms available, you can try Hard Rock next door. I replied I have no phone to call anyone and don't want to ride around town looking for a hotel can I use the business center 1 floor up to call and find a room, she said sure.

In the business center 1 floor up, it was a whole different story, I was in an emergency situation regarding my travel plans & immediately chose to contact my airline with use of the phone to make sure I have a way back to the states. The girl at the desk Marlena maybe? Absolutely wonderful, let me tie up her phone for almost 1.5hrs with my airline to get my travel plans corrected. She also suggested places to go out later for a drink & they turned out wonderful (hadn't been there in 4 years and no time to research & it was Saturday night) Meantime a couple next to us overheard our issue with the hotel being "sold out" & stated they were told the same 2 days prior and went online in the business center and booked a room, went right back down showed them the reservation and they had no issue. We did the exact same and saved 20% online! Radisson, is this how you train your front desk staff?? To lie to potential REPEAT customers who chose your hotel 20 minutes from the airport over all available options?? We went back down to get our room keys for what was our apparently unavailable room. The staff was quite to say the least, we kept our cool knowing this to be addressed online but the whole experience was unnecessary.

Overall of course the stay was as great even 4 years later, comfortable beds, great shower, great water pressure, decent wifi even in the room. Maid was cleaning our room within 5 minutes of us leaving it each day. Business center was decent computers were fairly quick and they didn't charge you to print out your e-tickets. Staff of business center receives high accolades for being so patient and helping me in what was a real time of need. I would definitely return in fact I plan to, but I hope the front desk staff issues are rectified as their actions were unacceptable.

Tips; Negotiate the cab drivers never accept their first price unless you think its reasonable unfortunately panama doesn't really have regulation or metered cabs. Get the included breakfast there is alot of variety at a fair price great way to start your day.

Room Tip: Higher floors definetely a plus for the views, there is construction in the hotel if you arrive earl...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank SunsetInStyle
Dear guest,

Anyhow, I have shared your comments with the staff and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize them for a job well done and to remark to them the importance of a good attitude in the hospitality industry.