“1st Panama Visit”

Radisson Decapolis Hotel Panama City
Ranked #27 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Visited Panama for the first time and used this hotel recommended to us. The rooms are well appointed (we had a suit) and the breakfasts were good. The hotel is connected to a shopping mall and casino by a walkway. Driving would be challenging to anyone not familiar with driving in Latin America so rely on the very affordable cabs. This is a good hotel to use as a base for Panama excursions.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eer1
ssenega, Director de Recepción at Radisson Decapolis Hotel Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Hotel is centrally located next door to Hard Rock Hotel and megopalis mall. Staff is extremely service oriented and very helpful. Pool is small and rooms are clean and spacious though a bit dated.Breakfast buffet is amazing!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 3, 2013

After I had a trip for a meeting at the Hard Rock I read the reviews here that suggested booking next door at the Radisson instead. Well - after getting there for one night - I walked next door to the Hard Rock and moved there instead. This Radisson has a few flaws. For me the worst was the erratic WiFi which simply would not hold a signal for more than a minute. If you need to be connected this place - at least my room - would be enough to leave. While the room was OK it had that very budget feel to everything. Nothing felt upgraded, including the towel rack that was barely attached to the sink. If you are expecting anything more than a budget style, you too might be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank CalCohenMD

Dear Mr. Cohen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We are working diligently to improve the high speed internet service in our hotel. I understand that this is an important amenity for our guests, and I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused for you.

On the other hand, I have shared your comments with the staff and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

We appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Nice and clean place, with good food, great breakfast and room with a view.
Comfortable outdoor swimming pool to relax in addition to the spa
Very central.
Staff very friendly and helpful.
Very practical for business travel

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Third time in six years. Had the mini suite. Staff is excellent need anything speak with Ana at business center. Facility starting to show age. Bout time to renovate. Hard rock next door putting a dent in boomings.
still excellent location.

Room Tip: Face bay high floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mrs. Cris,

Thank you for taking the time to share how was your stay with us. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed on this hotel while assisting to a trade show during 4 days in the hard rock megapolis convention center. For this purpose the hotel was in a perfect location, there is even a direct access from the hotel to the shopping mall and convention center which is very convenient. The hotel has a very nice design, with large and comfortable rooms. They offer different options of restaurants with reasonable prices.
The staff is very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Claud,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay at Radisson in Panama City!

I have shared your compliments with the team. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize them for a job well done and to remark to them the importance of a good attitude in the hospitality industry.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we are looking forward to welcome you back again!

All the best,

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Clean, quiet and comfortable hotel perfectly located for Panama City. All the comfort and convenience of the Hard Rock next door without the constant noise. Located right next to the mall and casino and a short walk from the restaurant and nightlife district. Close to the main road as well so easy to get to Casco Viejo or other attractions around the city.

Beds were nice, shower had great water pressure. When I'm traveling for business I don't care how fancy a hotel is as long as I can get some peace and good rest at the end of the day. The Radisson makes it easy.

The sushi at the bar restaurant is quite good, highly recommend. The breakfast buffet was a tad fancier than other hotels and men were required to wear pants even at breakfast. I heard there was another buffet where long pants were not required but not until the final day so never checked it out. They have the usual fruit, pastries etc. and then an a la carte menu for you to choose from. Good food but again, a tad formal for breakfast.

Front desk could use some work. Customer service in Panama can be hit or miss, more often on the miss end of the spectrum at least as far as what foreign travelers might expect. There is no urgency for efficiency and you'll often stand there watching an agent behind the counter seemingly doing nothing as the line stretches on and on. At check out, they had 3 agents - one in training checking people in, one training her and one checking people out. It was an hour before the required check out time and the check out line was 3x as long as the check in. I get that those checking in have likely had a long journey and would like to get to their rooms, but those checking out likely have flights to make. When I asked if there was anyway to help move the check out line along now that the check in line was empty, the one doing the training said "Sorry, she can only check people in, she's in training" and went back to training the girl. Not sure why she couldn't have used that time to check us out while the trainee watched and learned but alas, that was a pretty typical Panamanian customer service response.

And now for the one, just kind of odd thing about the Radisson I have to mention. The decor in the rooms. The photographs are of the National Geographic "presenting the natives" variety and depict the local indigenous Panamanians. So yeah, there are large, very large photos of topless teenage girls in the rooms. One of my triptics included an extreme closeup of one of the young girl's necklaces and therefore her nipple. And I mean like a 3'x'5' canvas and thusly, a nipple a foot in diameter. I grew up with National Geographic, I get this type of photography exists. It was very informative to me as a child and peaked my curiosity about the world. That does not eliminate the creep factor of having large photos of topless underage girls hanging above the bed.

Highly recommend the Radisson. Comfortable, quiet, great location, great in house food as well as close to plenty of yummy options. (Tapas next door at the Hard Rock are AMAZING!)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Erin O

Dear Erin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. In reviewing your comments I noticed an area where I consider being not acceptable, like the Front Desk.
I want to make sure that you feel your comments were heard.

I'm hoping that you'll visit us again.
If you'd like, you can reach me at the phone number or email listed below. It would be a pleasure to personally discuss with you any specifics and / or suggestions you'd like to offer.
We are working diligently to correct these issues and I appreciate that you brought them to my attention.