“Nice, new and perfectly located!”

Wyndham Panama Albrook Mall
Ranked #6 of 117 Hotels in Panama City
Lima, Peru
“Nice, new and perfectly located!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights at this hotel for business. The hotel is very nice and brand new. My room was very spacious, nicely decorated, well illuminated, very clean, with a small coffee maker, fridge, safe and a nice smart TV (however, there were not too many channels to choose from).

The food is OK, not much variety in the lunch/dinner buffet, I have also eaten in The Gastro Lounge and the food was a little better, however, they took almost 40 minutes for the food to arrive, which was something they must improve.

Also, the hotel is conveniently adjacent to the Albrook Mall which is very convenient since you can go shopping; eat in the food court or just walking around to relax.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Glenn S, General Manager at Wyndham Panama Albrook Mall, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your nice review and helpful comments for our hotel. I was glad to hear you really enjoyed the guest room and convenience of being connected to Albrook Mall – the largest shopping mall in Central America. I have shared your comments regarding the food variety and the service time with our Executive Chef Yeins. Chef and his team are working on some concepts to increase the food variety for the buffets and decrease the time to deliver your food in the Gastro Bar. I hope we have a chance to serve you again should you again should you travel plans bring you back to Panama City.
Glenn Simon, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Boquete, Panama
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We travel frequently from Boquete to Panama, and on this visit chose the TRYP, having passed it on the way from el Cangrejo to Albrook Airport. We arrived late evening after an exhausting travel day and were met with a helpful staff and lovely room. Breakfast was wonderful with a clean, bright and inviting buffet. The coffee in the room is a plus as we are early risers and appreciate this little extra.
The buffet was delicious with superb scrambled eggs, moist and hot!!
Next time we hope to arrive earlier and have a chance to take in a movie before heading home to Boquete.
The front office staff was particularly helpful in procuring a cab for us to the airport. We are locals and requested a yellow cab which they found for us.
Will definitely return and send our friends here who are in transit.

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet even thought we were on the main street. Suspect the noise level is similar...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Glenn S, General Manager at Wyndham Panama Albrook Mall, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our convenient location just a 3 to 4 minute cab drive to Albrook Marcos A. Gelabert Int'l Airport for your early morning flight to Boquete. It’s great to see our front desk staff was helpful in securing you a yellow cab to the Airport. It’s interesting that you mentioned that the scrambled eggs were superb -- as I have heard this very same comment from several guests. I will pass on your thanks to our Executive Chef Yeins and his morning breakfast team. I was thrilled to hear that you will definitely return and please spend more time with us as it does appear that you had a chance to enjoy our roof-top infinity pool where you can lounge, soak in the sun and enjoy the amazing sights of the city, Ancon Hill (highest point in Panama City), Balboa Port, and Albrook Airport.
Reviewed October 31, 2013

First of all I just had the chance to stay 1 day in beautiful Panama, but I definitly plan to go back for a few days and would like to stay in the same Hotel.

It has only 4 Stars but it is better than a lot of 5 Stars Hotels I´ve been to.

The room was very luxurious, very clean and elegant. The whole Hotel happend to be not older than 3 Month. I really liked the Design.

Wifi was for free, but drinks and food in the Hotel were very expensive, 4,28US$ one bottle of water. Breakfast was included, very good Buffet, good food.

You have direct acces to the Allbrook Mall, which is the biggest Mall of Panama, where you can buy everything at good prices. Mall opens at 10am and closes at 8pm. You will need more than one day to walk the whole mall, it is really huge.

The regular price of the rooms is 129$ per night but you can fin different offers on the internet. It is expensive, but Panama City is very expensive, so it is a fair price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Glenn S, General Manager at Wyndham Panama Albrook Mall, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel – I am so happy we exceeded your expectations. I am glad that that you really liked our hotel design as well as the convenience of being connected to Albrook Mall – the largest shopping mall in Central America. I will let our Executive Chef Yeins and his team know that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Regarding the $4 bottle of water, it appears that you may have purchased a bottle of Perrier or Fiji in our restaurant. We also have available a brand called Purissima that is bottled in Panama and only costs $2. I was thrilled to hear that you definitely plan to come back and stay a few days with us. 
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband invited for me lunch and we were looking for something that offered an elegant dining experience but that would be reasonable quick (needed to get costumes for Halloween!). The atmosphere is always lovely - light and airy and the décor beautiful conceived. The staff are brilliantly trained and offer some of the best customer service in Panama. The buffet was delicious. I particularly liked the Asian chicken salad but there was plenty of freshly prepared dishes such as salads, chicken, fish, rice, soup......the list goes on. The deserts were lovely...bite-size so you could try a bit of everything from tres leche to mini cheesecakes. My husband was very impressed with the facilities and will make multiple bookings for his team coming in to Panama in November. Check out the rooftop pool too - wonderful for an aperitif or after dinner digestif!

1 Thank Candelabrum
Glenn S, General Manager at Wyndham Panama Albrook Mall, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your very nice review of our restaurant Canal Bistro. I will let our talented Panamanian Executive Chef Yeins & his team know that you enjoyed the lunch buffet -- in particular the Asian Chicken Salad. The story behind the delicious tres leches & mini cheesecakes is because we have what many consider to be Panama’s best Pastry Chef working with us. Chef Blas worked at a very famous pastry shop for 31 years and a very good friend of mine who once worked with me helped bring Chef Blas to our hotel. Chef Blas’s incredible breakfast pastries & desserts are showcased in our Metro Café open daily from 7:00am – 8:00pm. Many people living in Panama City order their birthday and special occasion cakes from Chef Blas. I am thrilled to hear that your husband will be making multiple bookings for his team in November – please have him email me at gsimon@tryphotel-am.com and I would be pleased to assist with these reservations. We look forward to welcoming you back to Canal Bistro and your husband’s team to our hotel.
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The Tryp Panama is a new hotel (four months) located on the eastern side of the city near the canal. If you have reason to stay out there as I did, it makes a lot of sense. But if you want to be downtown, this is not the right choice.

The rooms are very nice – clean, spacious & modern. The beds are comfortable and the bathroom well outfitted. The mini-bars are not yet stocked and the ice machines are not yet installed. As there are no refrigerators in room, cold beverages are a challenge. There are safes in each room, reliable Wi-Fi and good, well-illuminated desk space. The staff is friendly but the hotel is having the usual kinks associated with being new. Nothing serious and I’m sure this will improve over time.

My biggest disappointment was the fact that there are no decent restaurants nearby. The café in the hotel does a nice breakfast buffet but beyond that it is mediocre American fare. There is an enormous mall attached to the hotel with about 40 eating establishments – all fast food or similarly cheap fare. Only a couple have table service and the best is a TGI Fridays (that should say it all). If you want a good dinner, expect to take a taxi ride.

Since the location is good for my business needs, I’ll stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Glenn S, General Manager at Wyndham Panama Albrook Mall, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for you for staying with us and for the very nice detailed review of our hotel. I am glad that that you found our guest rooms clean, spacious & modern and that we have reliable and good Wi-Fi. The mini bars in our guest rooms may also be used to keep your beverages cold. In fact, if a guest would like their mini bar to be emptied to use it as a refrigerator -- we do so at no cost. Our ice machines should arrive to our hotel mid-November – I apologize for the delay. Regarding our menu in Canal Bistro – you are right it has American Fare and along with this we mix it up with some Latin favorites such as Cerviche, Corvina and Chrarasco and finally some Panamanian favorites Sancocho (chicken soup) and Arroz con Pollo (chicken & rice). I am not sure if you had a chance to sample the over 15 tapas in our Gastro Bar. As Tryp Hotels were started in Spain every Tryp Hotel has a Gastro Bar and as you know Spain is known for tapas. Our Panamanian Executive Chef Yeins was in Spain last year to cook with some of Spain’s best Chefs and perfect the Tapas he serves in our Gastro Bar. I am thrilled to hear that you will stay with us again when you return to Panama and I hope you contact me so we can savor some tapas together.
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I really like staying at the tryp in Panama city, the hotel is great and the staff too. I and my family enjoyed our shopping here at the allbrok mall everything was on sale and the hotel is just right next to the mall so we do not have to go nowhere to buy.

Stayed October 2013
Glenn S, General Manager at Wyndham Panama Albrook Mall, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad that that you found our hotel and our staff were great. Being that our hotel is connected to Albrook Mall – the largest shopping mall in Central America is one of the primary reasons guests stay with us. It was great to hear you found everything “on sale” in the mall. I hope we have an opportunity to serve you again should you travel plans bring you back to Panama.
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Had great overnight stay to make our flight to David. Very friendly staff, eager to please. Free breakfast and the fastest internet i have experienced in a hotel. Less than 5 minutes to Albrook Airport. Next time we will stay longer and try the pool and the fitness room, and shopping at the mall.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Glenn S, General Manager at Wyndham Panama Albrook Mall, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad that that you experienced my friendly team who as you said are “eager to please”. :-) Thank you for letting me know that you found that our internet speed was the fastest you have experienced in a hotel. Definitely when you return you will have to check out our pool. We have received so many favorable comments about our roof-top infinity pool -- guests love lounging, soaking in the sun and enjoying the amazing sights of the city, Ancon Hill (highest point in Panama City), Balboa Port, and the National Airport. I am thrilled to hear that the next time you stay with us it will be for more than one night. Hope you enjoyed your visit to David.