“Super clean, safe, good neighborhood”

Grand International Hotel
Ranked #61 of 114 Hotels in Panama City
Loudonville, Ohio
“Super clean, safe, good neighborhood”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Was picked up from the airport as arranged. Very! nice room. Walls, floors were all granite with large glass enclosed bathroom, safe in room. Made reservations about 3 weeks prior and paid $67 per night. Good neighborhood. Meet Roberto Duran at his sports bar a couple blocks away--a true boxing legend! The front desk employees were terrific but not so good with English. Hey, this is Panama. A VERY NICE HOTEL!!!!!

Room Tip: All should be good
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Aberystwyth, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2014

It's a lovely looking hotel: three and a half stars for decor and position. However, there are many problems with it. Getting someone to understand our booking was the first, which was really unwelcome after an eleven hour flight and twenty hours of travelling! Although the reception staff were unfailingly cheerful and tried to be helpful, some of them were not English-speaking. I wasn't sure the room was clean or the undersheet changed when we arrived. The air conditioner in the room we stayed in on our first visit was okay but noisy - on our return, we had another room where the air conditioner was so noisy we had to turn it off overnight.The breakfast was very poor - and for someone with a dairy allergy, impossible. The coffee was awful, the fruit salad variable. All the bread had butter in, which made me ill. It was difficult to access the Internet from anywhere but the lounge. MY PHONE WAS STOLEN FROM OUR ROOM - the manager, to give him credit, has done everything possible to track it down but without success. I haven't been offered compensation for it, either. There was an important problem with the ROOM KEYS: all three keys for the four members of our group were MASTER KEYS and opened other rooms! When we discovered this, they were replaced, but on one of the following days one of our group found someone else's luggage in his room so it must be quite a common occurrence - this is probably how my phone went AWOL. Although the hotel was in a good position, and lovely on the surface, we won't be going back. If we hadn't already arranged the second visit (before going to the airport), we would have found somewhere else for our final night.

Room Tip: Try your keys in other doors! Don't get caught like I was and have stuff stolen!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Bear_Tyler

Travelers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Rude customer service, no hot water in some rooms (They're not willing to move you to other room), odors in rooms terrible, bathrooms unclean and shower with hair all over,.nasty!!!
Our group (10 people) was enormously disappointed. Recommendation: Find another hotel!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Sneek, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 9, 2014

When we arrived the hotel was closed (01:00 a.m.) We had a reservation. Someone (not english speaking (Grand INTERNATIONAL?)) turned up when rattling the door. We got our room but...it wasn't cleaned. Second room....had no fridge and an empty condom package in the drawer! And still nobody was speaking english... At last the employee called the manager and he settled things nicely, great guy!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gromule
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Somehow I stayed here two times. I guess I thought that it was a fluke that there was mouse poop on my bed, my water never got hot, the front desk staff were TERRIBLY RUDE and SLOW, there was basically no wifi, and the breakfast (especially the coffee) was awful. I'm crazy to have returned, but the price is so good. This time my water was cold, I was told "well it's your fault for letting us know after 5pm, now the maintenance guy is gone.", there were no hairdryers (I don't think they actually have any), no wifi, my AC just blew hot air around and made lots of noise, I found pubic hairs in my bed when I pulled back the blanket, the shower looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a week, the towels were threadbare, and the service was actually WORSE than the first time around. The snotty girl at the front desk sneered at me more than anything else, and told me "you have to go out and buy it" when I asked for a cup of ice. When we asked for a second key to the room, she didn't even look up from her computer to say no. When we first got there, she acted like we didn't have a reservation because she couldn't find it in her pile of paperwork spread out across the desk. Finally, she kept interrupting me during our check in to answer questions and get things for other guests. The only time I ever saw her smile was when she was making fun of other guests with another staff member. I won't make the same mistake again.
THIS HOTEL IS NOT EVEN WORTH THE CHEAP PRICE.

Room Tip: FInd somewhere else to stay.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank K-suerte
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Positive points : good value for money (40 euros per night breakfast included); comfortable bed, quite room, neighborhood safe and not far from center, good lift.

Neutral ponts : staff (some kind and help oriented, other not so), medium room size, cleaning, limited brakfast choice.

Negative points : no electric plugs in the bathroom, low celings, no fixed internet, no minibar, no or very scarce information about tours or tourist activities, safe difficult to operate because eccentric placement in a closet corner , at least five minutes waiting for shower water to become hot, aircon too noisy for me, no swimming pool and no fitness center.

Room Tip: Back rooms are more quite
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Manuel R
Ft worth, tx
Reviewed December 30, 2013

got there & no Wi-Fi in room changed rooms and the Wi-Fi was weak and kept disconnecting me but I did not want change rooms so i decided to grin and bare it, Wi-Fi is bad everywhere in the hotel, The hotel web site shows they had hairdryers on requested, I asked for one several times they said they would get me one finally at about 9 PM they said that they did not have any so I had to go spend $40 to get one. at about 11PM I started to take a shower and there was no hot water, they did not have the boiler lit so they lit it but said it would be 4 hours before it got hot. There were no plugs in bathroom to plug in dryer and shaver, the room did not have a clock/radio of any kind. I had paid for 4 nights but left the next morning. they did refund me for 3 nights but stll charged me for the night from hell just glad to be out of there, talked to other guest the next AM and they also had no hot water. would not recommend to any one.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple