“If you are really hungry come if not go to segundo muelle”
Review of Mar de Grau

Mar de Grau
Ranked #106 of 1,005 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“If you are really hungry come if not go to segundo muelle”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Service was ok. What else you can expect in panama right?. We ordered the pulpo al olivo. The Octopus was gummy. We tried papa a la Huancaina. The sauce doesnt have any flavor. I believe the cheese is the problem. Ceviche was just good enough. I wont come back.

• Visited June 2013

Panama City, Panama
“Great little Peruvian Restaurant”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Mar de Grau is a relatively new restaurant in Panama City. I went there with friends to celebrate my birthday. In addition to good Peruvian food they have a selection of Chinese food, the shrimp wantons are fabulous. My host urged me to try the lobster thermidor, which he highly recommended. It was delicious and very plentiful. Everyone was pleased with their selections. The service was good and the waiters were attentive, but not pushy. They brought out a big piece of chocolate cake with a candle. The place is small so reservations are necessary, especially on weekends

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Rita S
Panama, R. of P.
“Love Peruvian Cuicine”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I like the food, what I tried only was a tiradito and was delicious
I t was only an appetizer, I wish It has a little more. I would like to return one of these days.

Visited February 2013
Panama City, Panama
“My New Favorite Peruvian Restaurant”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I've been going to Machu Picchu since it opened in 2003 and it was always my favorite Peruvian restaurant in Panama City, because of its excellent traditional (not nouveau) cuisine. The owner and always present host there was Socartes (Peruvian). He was forced out of Machu Picchu due to illness and a falling out with his partners. He has recently opened Mar de Grau (the name of the Pacific Ocean in Peruvian territory) and has brought over servers and chefs from MP. The food is just as good, if not better, and the service is excellent. My favorite dishes are tiradito de corvina and aji de gallina. Great pisco sours. Prices are reasonable. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited April 2013
Osceola, Wisconsin
“Peruvian/Asian cuisine”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The food was wonderful. A small Peruvian restaurant just a short walk from our hotel, the Riu Panama Plaza. The menu was huge, and they only had 2 copies in English so we had to share it among the 4 of us. Everything looked so good, we didn't even read it all. Lots of dishes with Sea Bass. The waiter did not speak English, and we don't speak Spanish, but we managed. The menu seemed to be a combination of Peruvian, and Chinese or Asian foods. I had sea bass with large shrimps, Teriaki style. It was delish. My husband and friend had sea bass, with a cream sauce that contained white wine, and jumbo shrimp and chunks of crab. They said it was to die for. My friend said she would order it again tomorrow if she could. We did go there 2 nights in a row, but she didn't get that until th second night. Everything was great. Good wine also, from Chile and Argentina.

Visited March 2013