“Great Location, Friendly staff, weak wifi”

Panama Studio Apartments
Mamaroneck, New York
“Great Location, Friendly staff, weak wifi”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed one week at the Panama Studio Apartments. It was a great location for my first trip to Panama as I could walk to a number of areas of interest to me. The staff was friendly, the room clean, and kept neat and clean during my stay. The one sore point was the wifi. A comedy of errors. My tablet's wifi reception is poor, and the hotel's wifi network was weak. Result- no wifi in my room. To connect I had to sit on the comfortable couch on the second floor landing. Only then could I connect, and even there I would loose signal often. I ended up using an internet cafe nearby when I really needed to use the internet. Apart from this problem the Panama Studio Apartments was just fine.

Room Tip: If you want the best wifi connection, try to get a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Walter K
matthewamarx, Manager at Panama Studio Apartments, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your review Walter. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at Panama Studio Apartments. Admittedly we did have a problem with our previous wireless routers. Just this past week we have upgraded to routers with higher signal strength. The next time you are in Panama you will notice a sizable difference.

Regards,

Matthew Marx
Panama Studio Apartments

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Panama Studio Apartments during our first visit to Panama in May of 2013. Matt was very helpful in coordinating all the details, including transfers from the airport. The apartment was as advertised and perfect for us. The building is in the heart of the city with tons of great restaurants, entertainment and shopping within walking distance.The staff at the hotel was very helpful and always attentive. Our thanks to Matt and his team for making our trip enjoyable and memorable!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Terry W
matthewamarx, Manager at Panama Studio Apartments, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear you and your wife enjoyed your time at Panama Studio Apartments and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Hello Travel bunnies,

I just wanted to quickly give a review on my stay at Panama Studio Apartments. Let me start by saying that there is an interactive video that I've posted on my youtube channel reviewing my suite at PSA for the people that need a visual affirmation. lol. Okay, to be honest, I came to Tripadvisor 1st for the top rated hotel-extended stay recommendations in Panama City and I came across Panama Studio Apartments.

I am the type of person that looks for customer service and quality above any "Name Brand" and I received the same customer service that I provide my residents here in Los Angeles. For someone who is in the property management industry, I know that my expectations are sometimes biased, however, I was totally blown away with the immediate response to my email by owner Matthew within minutes of my initial inquiry. Ok...fast-forward.

I'm in Panama City and I ring Matthew to let him know that I'm on the way. Not only did his personality meet his email but he went above and beyond in making sure that my stay was a pleasant one from beginning to end.

Mildred at the front desk is someone who I would hire ANY DAY to lease apartments for me. She's awesome and everything that you would expect from a professional in the hospitality industry. Ariel, also in leasing, is so affable and energetic that I was convinced that I met him in another life time! LOL. The cleanliness and attention to detail of the housekeeper was superb (her name escapes me, but her personality never will). She outdoes half of the corporate housekeepers hands down.

The sleep experience was amazing! The foam mattresses helped to solidify future stays at Panama Studio Apartments. From the cute kitchenette to the renovated Spanish-tiled bathrooms to the plasma television I was sold. In addition to the aforementioned, the A/C is as strong and efficient as they come.

As far as location is concerned, PAS is in one of the prime and most popular locations in the city! The property is within walking distance to local restaurants, grocery stores, banks, malls, and getting taxi service is never an issue. Although every home or hotel is as safe as you make it, PSA had a sense of security that I really relished in. I'm confident in saying that Matthew, his wife and the whole team at Panama Studio Apartments has what it takes to make this community a home away from home. Cheers!

Follow me on Twitter @anjiray
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel at www.youtube.com/anjiray27

Room Tip: I stayed in room 414, the kitchenette is cute although I wasn't there long enough to use it. I...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Anji R
Thank you for the review we always appreciate hearing from guest on what they enjoyed and what we can improve upon. Your video review on youtube was tremendous and the entire staff enjoyed watching it.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My family of 4 stayed in the deluxe studio apartment for 5 nights. The bedroom space is perfect even for 4 people (2 adults and 2 kids). We were mainly there to sleep not to hang out in the hotel. The beds are super comfortable. I wish I could sleep a little longer but there is too much to see in Panama City. I could not ask for a cleaner, comfortable and easy location. We spent 5 days in the city and took the Metro bus across the street. Only 0.25 cent per adult, kids under 12 does not need to pay. We only realized that on the 3rd day. You need to have a rechargeable bus card, the bus does not accept cash. I highly recommend taking the bus into Albrook, much cheaper then paying $5 to $7 for the cab ride. I would definitely stay here again. It is close to El Rey supermarket, many budget and high end restaurants within walking distance. Lots to do and see.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 210, right by the A/C unit very loud at night. Might want to avoid. Doesnt matter if...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank adventureladyalways
Thank you for taking the time to inform everybody about your stay at Panama Studio Apartments. Come back any time, even if it is only to spend some extra time relaxing in the beds.
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is from Greg Patton,
I stayed from April 3rd to10th.
I throughly enjoyed my stay at your Hotel.
The room was nice and comfortable.
The Staff were all friendly and helpful.
Roy the Driver was excellent.
I liked the neighborhood and the value was great.
I plan on staying there on my next trip to
Panama City.
Thanks,
Greg Patton

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank General_P958
Lander, Wyoming
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had a great experience staying here for 17 days exploring Panama City & adjacent areas. This is a safe area, taxi service is right there/ near by. The facility is very neet, clean, friendly & well maintained, they really want to please!! The daily room service: towels, etc. was very much appreciated. Arial, at the front desk (speeks English) was so helpful with local info. things to see & do, even helping with some arrangements & talking to people (Spanish) for us. He was/is a blessing!!!!! There is not enugh room for all the positives about our stay here. But suffice it to say, we would stay here again in a heartbeat!!! With all the changes being made there in Panama City with the subway system, light rail, & metro bus system, this will make the even more desirable!!!

Room Tip: This was a trip that my wife had planed on for a while. This was our third visit to Panama, once on...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Blessed_Traveler70
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This studio apartment was every bit as nice as any 4 star hotel we've stayed in. I was so pleasantly surprised when I walked in the front door. From my contact with Matt, Arial at check-in, to the friendly & fabulous housekeeping staff, we could not have made a better choice. My husband had surgery close by & we needed a place where we could bring our dog, since we've been vacationing in Coronado Bay. I really lucked out when I found Panama Studio Apartments. The rooms are as pictured, the bed is very comfortable & the kitchenette worked great, so my husband didn't have to go out for meals, when he got back from the hospital. I felt safe taking our dog out at night. There are plenty of stores around for shopping, including a Reys grocery store if you want to cook. There is also a Casino across the street & another just a little further down the street, if you're so inclined. I would definitely stay here again. It's a great place to stay if you want to sight see in the city or have business to attend. Thanks Matt for all your help & information!

Room Tip: We chose a room toward the back. It didn't have a window, which made no difference to us at all...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business