“Excellent rooms!”

Ranked #20 of 114 Hotels in Panama City
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
“Excellent rooms!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We got the room with a king bed on the 5th floor. It was great! Clean! Big! And the bathroom was clean, big, and beautiful too! Awesome, strong shower pressure, as that is a big deal for me. Can't stand showers with weak water pressure. Our room package also came with free daily buffet breakfast in the lobby, which had a great selection - eggs, meat of the day, starch, cheeses, cereal, cold cuts, breads, fruits, etc.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Awaysfromhome
Jose C, General Manager at Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Awaysfromhome

On behalf of our staff at the TRYP by Wyndham Panama Centro I would like to thank you for your great review and comments about your stay at the hotel. For us it is very important your feedback about the pressure of the Shower in your room since we install a modern system in every room in order that you can feel the massage of the water. Also it is great to hear that you enjoyed our Premium Breakfast Buffet that has also healthy selections for your convenience.

Thank you so much again and we hope that you can visit us again.

Warmest Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 26, 2013

nice hotel tryp centro,good location,friendly staffs,rooms are beautiful and clean,mix breakfast and good service..beds are so confortable classic roof top pool with a great view of down town panama easy to move to any tourist visit area,,,watch your driving,,,,

Room Tip: higher floors are the best,enjoy the view..
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Rodolfo128

It has being a pleasure to have you as our guest and that we exceed your expectations during your stay at our TRYP by Wyndham Panama Centro. It is great to hear that you enjoyed most of our amenities like the Premium Buffet Breakfast or the view of Panama city from the Rooftop Bar.

If the travel bring you back to Panama again please don't hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to be at your service and exceed your expectations one more time...

Thank you!!!1
Miyagi
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed in Sep. for 10days by myself.
The staff was very friendly, attentive and helpful.
The room was clean and neat.
The room rate including breakfast was reasonable.

Especially, the receptionist, Claudio was very helpful.
He helped me to book the canal transit tour which was the purpose of my visit to Panama.
Also, I asked him a lot how to explore the city, every time he gave me the appropriate answer.
I really appreciate his kindness.

In the restaurant, the staff taught me some Spanish words and phrases.
It was fun and useful.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Jose C, General Manager at Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Lovefiji2013

On behalf of our associates I would like Thank you so much for your really excellent comments and great review of our hotel! It makes us really proud that you were able to have such wonderful stay, and that our staff., specially Claudio at Front Desk, provided you with rock star service. We hope to see you again soon at the TRYP by Wyndham Panama Centro and continue with the Spanish Classl!

Thank you!!!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Tryp Centro is a beautiful hotel with a great rooftop pool. The room was spacious, the bed extremely comfortable and the shower pressure was great, as well. The location perfect for people that like to wander around. Buffet breakfast was better than most I've seen.

They advertised everywhere in the hotel 5:30-10:30 happy hour in the roof top bar but not once did I see anyone working there, despite TWICE asking at the front desk if they were going to open it. They said yes, of course and we waited and waited. The roof top bar is just for show. The other thing is the "tourist" desk only has one english speaking person and he only showed up on our last evening there. Now, I speak spanish (slowly and with grammar errors; I am learning), but they were not at all interested in helping me and wanted to charge 40$ for what a cab on the street charged 20 including the return trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jose C, General Manager at Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest

On behalf of our staff and our managers I would like to thank you for your comments and visit to our Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro. Please apologize us for this inconvenient during your visit since this are not part of our standard. I will do my best to correct any bad procedures from our staff in order maintain our services on top...

I really appreciate this feedback regarding the service at the Rooftop Bar that was not provided, I will make sure with our food and beverage manager to correct immediately this situation in order that do not happen again with you or any of our future visitors.

We hope that you can visit us again and give us the opportunity to meet or exceed your expectations.

Thank you again for your comments, this will help us to be better...

Regards
Doha
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We cannot say enough positive things about our recent stay at the TRYP Panamá Centro. During our two week stay, we got to know the manager Bernard and he was helpful in anyway he could possibly be. His staffs were equally helpful and kind to us. Aside, from the very helpful, and friendly staffs and manager, this hotel has an excellent location with everything you need nearby or a short taxi drive away. The room was clean and the hotel and location are very safe.

We look forward to staying in this hotel again when we return to beautiful Panama.

Greg McKinnon & Phuong

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding your stay at the Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro, this help us to ensure that our staff is on the right track regarding our standards of services that we provide on an daily bases. Also is good to hear that we exceed your expectation during your visit letting us know that, if the travel bring you to Panama again, you will stay with us one more time...Please Don't hesitate to contact us again and We will do our best to make your next visit as pleasant as the first one..

Thank You!
Knoxville
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Was booked here by a tour company,. Stayed one night at the beginning of the tour in late May, 2013, and one night at the end of the tour in early June, 2013. This was an excellent hotel with a great buffet breakfast, free internet in the lobby, large rooms and very helpful and friendly staff. Now that I am familiar with Panama, I feel that I could fly here on my own and make this my hotel to stay at in Panama City.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Jose C, Manager at Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Mr. Robert

We really appreciate your wonderful comments regarding your stay with us and that we exceed your expectations in Panama letting us know that we will be your hotel to stay if the travel bring you back again.

We continuously work every day to reinforce our staff to understand the value of a good experience and comfort for every guest that stay with us in order that your visit have the quality you are looking for.

On behalf of our staff, Thank You!!!!!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 4, 2013

It was easy to book this hotel through Hotels.com. You get a lot for the price... free internet and buffet breakfast. The location is decent. It's close to many restaurants, as well as the grocery store. I wouldn't say it's central, but I don't know what is really considered central in Panama City. They're in the process of building a subway, and the bus system is too hard to figure out. Since taxis are pretty affordable and the price is pretty much the same going to most places in the city, location isn't that big of a deal.

The hotel is pretty new, built about a year ago. The lobby is small, but relatively efficient. Check in was easy. There's someone who can call a taxi for you in you need it (they called Roberto from next door, who had a minivan and took us out for a 5 hour trip which was pretty affordable). The restaurant area is adjacent to the lobby and the location of the buffet breakfast (eggs, potato/ham/pepper dish, starch dish, cereal, yogurt, fruit, waffles, coffee and juice), which was decent.

Our room was spacious and clean, with a king sized bed (firm but comfortable, we could've used a couple extra pillows, though), desk, TV, fridge, coffee maker. The closet had shelves and an area to hang the clothes. The safe did not work in our room. The AC blew right onto the bed and was somewhat difficult to adjust between warm and too cold. Although the hardwood floors were nice, sound bounced off the floors more and I could hear conversations coming from outside our room, as well as from upstairs (we were on the 9th floor, right underneath the bar). The bathroom was spacious and the shower was large, although no tub to soak in. They provide shampoo (no conditioner) was well as a hairdryer. The internet was easy to use and fast.

We walked by the bar, pool, and gym, and although we didn't use the amenities, it seemed nice, with a good view of the city from the roof.

Pros: Good buffet breakfast, easy internet access, affordable, comfortable bed
Cons: Somewhat loud, trouble with AC temperature control

Room Tip: Avoid the 9th floor, which is underneath the bar, pool and gym - may be a bit loud
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ltsao01
Dear Guest

On behalf of our staff and myself I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro hotel and let us know your wonderful experience during your visit to the property and Panama. I hope that the time you spent at the property was efficiently and that you had a great time in Panama.

We hope you can visit us one more time if the travel bring you back to Panama . Gracias!!