“Robert F”

Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro
Ranked #20 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Was booked here by a tour company,. Stayed one night at the beginning of the tour in late May, 2013, and one night at the end of the tour in early June, 2013. This was an excellent hotel with a great buffet breakfast, free internet in the lobby, large rooms and very helpful and friendly staff. Now that I am familiar with Panama, I feel that I could fly here on my own and make this my hotel to stay at in Panama City.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Jose C, Manager at Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Mr. Robert

We really appreciate your wonderful comments regarding your stay with us and that we exceed your expectations in Panama letting us know that we will be your hotel to stay if the travel bring you back again.

We continuously work every day to reinforce our staff to understand the value of a good experience and comfort for every guest that stay with us in order that your visit have the quality you are looking for.

On behalf of our staff, Thank You!!!!!

There are newer reviews for Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro

Reviewed September 4, 2013

It was easy to book this hotel through Hotels.com. You get a lot for the price... free internet and buffet breakfast. The location is decent. It's close to many restaurants, as well as the grocery store. I wouldn't say it's central, but I don't know what is really considered central in Panama City. They're in the process of building a subway, and the bus system is too hard to figure out. Since taxis are pretty affordable and the price is pretty much the same going to most places in the city, location isn't that big of a deal.

The hotel is pretty new, built about a year ago. The lobby is small, but relatively efficient. Check in was easy. There's someone who can call a taxi for you in you need it (they called Roberto from next door, who had a minivan and took us out for a 5 hour trip which was pretty affordable). The restaurant area is adjacent to the lobby and the location of the buffet breakfast (eggs, potato/ham/pepper dish, starch dish, cereal, yogurt, fruit, waffles, coffee and juice), which was decent.

Our room was spacious and clean, with a king sized bed (firm but comfortable, we could've used a couple extra pillows, though), desk, TV, fridge, coffee maker. The closet had shelves and an area to hang the clothes. The safe did not work in our room. The AC blew right onto the bed and was somewhat difficult to adjust between warm and too cold. Although the hardwood floors were nice, sound bounced off the floors more and I could hear conversations coming from outside our room, as well as from upstairs (we were on the 9th floor, right underneath the bar). The bathroom was spacious and the shower was large, although no tub to soak in. They provide shampoo (no conditioner) was well as a hairdryer. The internet was easy to use and fast.

We walked by the bar, pool, and gym, and although we didn't use the amenities, it seemed nice, with a good view of the city from the roof.

Pros: Good buffet breakfast, easy internet access, affordable, comfortable bed
Cons: Somewhat loud, trouble with AC temperature control

Room Tip: Avoid the 9th floor, which is underneath the bar, pool and gym - may be a bit loud
1  Thank ltsao01

Dear Guest

On behalf of our staff and myself I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro hotel and let us know your wonderful experience during your visit to the property and Panama. I hope that the time you spent at the property was efficiently and that you had a great time in Panama.

We hope you can visit us one more time if the travel bring you back to Panama . Gracias!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The lobby looks modern and well maintained. Rooms were clean and staff are very professional. At times there way a small language barrier with the service staff but not bad...of course we are the ones from a different country. Any room service request was responded or delivered very promptly. Based on the reviews earlier, I made sure to ask if our breakfast was complimentary before having their buffet, which was quite good (scrambles eggs, sausage, some potato and/or yuca and or corn, make your own waffle, fruit juices, yogurt, deli meats and bread/pastries). The gym was small but the machines are newer. The jacuzzi didnt have a hot water :( only warm water. I didnt go into the sauna. Free wi-fi was great. We were only here for 3 nights so we didnt intend to use the amenities that much.

This is a good location and it not too far for a cab ride to the tourist attractions. Additionally, there are convenience stores, restaurants and shopping in a walkable vicinity. Don't make the mistake we did initially by paying over 10 bucks to go to Casco Viejo....most every cab ride within the city should be <$5 unless you are going to the Causeway or further (that may be >$10 or so each way). Tell cabs/tour vans that that the location is the Tryp-Wyndam hotel in Via Veneto (the street) in El Congrejo....so they get confused with other hotels.

Over all, not bad for the price and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Water F
Jose C, General Manager at Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest

On behalf of our staff and myself I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro hotel and let us know your wonderful experience during your visit to the property and Panama. I will make sure that our associates and managers listen to your comments so we can keep tuning up our services for you and all our future guests.

Thank You and we hope that you can visit us and let us exceed your expectations one more time..

Gracias!!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I loved this hotel. The hotel is new, the rooms are spacious and very clean. The staff were very friendly. I was sick and the staff were asking me every day how I feel. The location is good, the hotel is near restaurants, other hotels and Via Espana (walking distance) and near to the albrook mall and Multiplaza (+- 5 USD taxi). The neighborhood was not that clean and the buildings were a little bit old, but still, I enjoyed my stay! And I got a very good deal with breakfast included. The breakfast was good and check in/ check out went very quick. This is not a 5 star hotel, but it is a nice hotel. I will recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jose C, General Manager at Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Sharinette

We really appreciate your great comments and visit. Also would like to thank you for stay with us at the hotel Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro, It has been great to hear that you had a wonderful time at our hotel and that our location made it easy for you to move around Panama City.

We hope you can stay with us one more if the travel bring you back to Panama again and we can meet or exceed you expectations..

Thank you!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I booked this hotel in a hurry, basically based on the good reviews and nice pictures. I also assumed this place would be in the 'centro', but unfortunately it isn't... it's on the edge of the commericial centre, in a rather dull neighbourhood. You basically need to take a cab everywhere, which is quite common in Panama City.

Having said that, the amenities are fantastic. The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms very luxurious. WIFI works is fast (if it's not raining) and the restaurant is good.

If you don't mind being a bit away from it all - go ahead and book!

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your chosen our Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro hotel during your visit to Panama City and let us that was very comfortable your stay.

As you mentioned we are in edge of the business district, actually the North edge of it, but our location it is the city center of Panama city. The business and banking area is in the south of the City toward Balboa Ave and Calle 50. Since we are more in the center of the City and walking distance (less than 1km) to banking area, our location make us very accessible for any guest that want to visit Malls, Old Quarter of Casco Viejo or even the banking area or business district. Al this within 1 to 5 km radio.

We would like to thank you again for your visit. We hope you can visit us again if the travel bring you back to Panama again...

Thank you!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Initial stay was supposed to be 5 days. So impressed, we stayed an additional 4 days. Fantastic staff, great breakfast. Great location close to congrejo (business/residential) district. Across street from Venito casino, Crown Plaza casino. Roberto, tour guide, great guy full of information and friendly advice. Best staff around. Left for a week, came back to stay again but was full. Stayed around corner at Victoria, nice but no where near the quality of TRYP. Anytime I come to Panama, will definately stay at here.

Room Tip: Talk to staff for upgrade. If you book with Expedia, cheaper but they will upgrade for you at no cha...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Randy

We really appreciate your comments and your visit to our Tryp Hotel in Panama city. On behalf of our staff I would like to thank you for your great feedback during your stay, this will help us to reward our employees and thanks them for making feel comfortable during your visit to Panama.

We hope you can visit us one more time and let us exceed your expectations again.

Thank You!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed in panama for about 3 days at the TRYP. It was very cute and modern, clean rooms and free wifi that works great. The staff was friendly. Food in the hotel was good too. Hotel is close to a casino and restaurants. No complaints. We even used a tour guide from the hotel his name was Robert, awesome guy very friendly. He usually can be found right in front.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Jose C, Manager at Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Melissa

On behalf of our staff and myself I would like to thank for your comments and recent stay at the hotel TRYP by Wyndham Panama Centro. I am very happy to hear that you stay was great and that we made as comfortable as possible your visit to the country. I will pass you words to our staff to let then know about the great work they did for you.

Thank again and hope that you can visit us again in the near future....

Warmest Regards