“Fantastic hot tub, great suites, nice staff, but water system needs updating” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Panama

Hilton Garden Inn Panama
Ranked #23 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
San Francisco
“Fantastic hot tub, great suites, nice staff, but water system needs updating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and due to our HH status, we were upgraded to a suite. The suite was on the 16th floor, which was great, right by the excellent gym and the amazing hot tub with views of the sky scrapers. It was really one of the nicest hot tubs I've ever been in.
The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean, and the showers in the suites are absolutely enormous. They're almost silly large, you could fit 20 people in there if you wanted. But the showers were where we had our major complaint. I don't know if it's like this for everyone or just because we were on the highest floor, but it would take literally 20 minutes for the water to get hot. I'm not exaggerating, we timed it and it really was 20 minutes. Once you're aware of this, it is easy enough to plan accordingly. But it would be a real bummer if you were in a hurry to catch a flight and had to take a cold shower.
The location of the hotel is very good, it felt safe to walk around. During the day we felt comfortable walking from the hotel down to the waterfront. At night just to be safe we took cabs to and from restaurants for dinner and it would only cost a couple dollars. (My favorite dinner was at La Posta.)
Be careful if you take the cabs offered by the people standing right in front of the hotel who say they are the hotel taxi drivers. We had one guy charge us $24 to take us to the old city and back, it should have been no more than $5 but we weren't thinking and just accepted the ride without getting a price ahead of time. We didn't make that mistake again. That's not exactly the hotel's fault, but you would think they would try to screen the people who are calling themselves the hotel taxi drivers and not have them be total scam artists. As an aside, I would really recommend always getting a few quotes from taxi drivers before accepting a ride, as we had prices for the same trip varying from $2 to $7.
One more thing to note, many taxi drivers don't know where this hotel is, so it is a good idea to bring a map with you in your purse, or just tell them you're going to Hotel Panama, which is right across the street and taxi drivers seem to all know.
The free breakfast was pretty extensive, you can get scrambles made to order and there's toast, cheese, lunch meats, lots of fried things, and cereal and juice.
I would absolutely stay in this hotel again if I ever return to Panama City. Viviana at the front desk was excellent, very gracious and polite and helpful.

Room Tip: 16th floor rooms have nice views but the water takes forever to get hot.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Carleen_SF

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Very pleasant and attentive staff, particularly in a city fairly renowned for pushy and rude people.

Nice lobby and pretty good rooms, a bit small. Didn't get a chance to try the breakfast or restaurants. Not much for views as there are much taller buildings between the hotel and the Pacific.

Enjoyed the 16th floor "rooftop" jacuzzi and deck (though the water was only warm, perhaps because it rained a good bit that day).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Osdanuwati
Tatiana A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Panama, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel Hilton Garden Inn Panama, at the same time we woulk like to thank you for your comments.

You can count on us. Your satisfaction is our priority.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Loves the Hilton Garden Inn - we were greeted with a fresh juice drink when checking in, enjoyed the buffet breakfast, and loved the rooftop whirlpool with the beautiful views of Panama City. The location was great for walking or taking a cab. Rates were very reasonable as well!

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tatiana A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Panama, responded to this review, October 11, 2012

Trinidad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I enjoyed my weekend break in Panama. this hotel is brand new, clean, comfortable and perfectly located for shopping, nightlife, great restaurants and more.

The room: I got a good size room with ample room to move around. the bed was adjustable - you can make it softer or fimer depending on your taste
The service: excellent service! from the time I walked in, the staff was quite friendly and willing to assist with any query I had
Breakfast: very good for a budget hotel. there was something for everyone

only drawback - upon checking out, their credit card payment system failed and I could not pay with my credit card. I had to cross the road to find an ATM to withdraw cash to pay.
not only that but because I had reserved the room with my credit card, there is still a hold on it!

Room Tip: Rooms to the front of the hotel have great Panama city skyline views
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing our Hotel Hilton Garden Inn for your visited Panama City, at the same time, we would like to thank you for your wonderful comments. And we really sorry with the inconvenience that you had in check out.

Neptune, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I arrived at this hotel at 10 p.m. after a flight delay. To my surprise, I was able to order a delicious meal from their onsite restaurant. The prices were great, about $10 US for a meal. They even offer free internet in your room and free use of the business center. They no longer offer the free airport shuttle bus, but do make arrangements for guests to travel in a private car at comprable rates. The only drawback is they're not located downtown. Their overall customer service was outstanding!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Grand Cayman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

This brand new hotel is perfectly located as far a restaurants with in walking distance, save area and also entretaiment. Shopping stores with in 3 blocks also. Rooms are large and good amenities. The staff is very friendly and helpfull.

Room Tip: Request a high floor room facing 49th street, the entrace side of the property, there is constructio...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tatiana A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Panama, responded to this review, October 12, 2012

George Town
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

All;
I booked online and advance paid for my room ($654.50 USD) also booked 1 KING BED EVOLUTION ROOM. When I arrived onsite they said that the room was not available and that they have another room with two double beds. I accepted the room and asked to get into the proper room the next day - they said no problem. The next day they moved me to the proper room. But when I left and got home I checked my credit card statement and they had billed me an additional $730.82 USD. I can understand paying additional charges for in room service - but bill me the difference don't just bill me again for what was already pre-paid. So I sent an email to the contact at the Hotel and yes they say they had made a mistake and I would be returning the payment. Still no credit on my card.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank VaneVasiliev
Tatiana A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Panama, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
On behalf of all the Hotel Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Panama staff, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you've had during in your stay with your bill. We would like to thank you for your patience and consideration.
We are looking forward to offering an exceptional service and each of your comments will be taken into account.
You can count on us and your satisfaction is our priority.
We made your return of the payment.