“A hidden gem in the city of Panama”
Review of La Trona

La Trona
Ranked #275 of 1,070 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This restaurant is on par with luxury dining in any major city like New York, LA or San Francisco. The major difference: you won't have to wait two hours in line or get reservation in weeks in advance like you would in SF. The service is spectacular and so is the atmosphere. You can get a seat most any night of the week without prior reservation, and the food arrives promptly. Most important, the dishes are delicious.

The food: cappuccino mushroom soup is incredible. Never had soup like it anywhere.
Salmon Tartar appetizer and the lightly grilled spicy tuna are some of my favorite fish dishes. Mushroom spaghetti main course is great too. The creme brulee dessert is the best I've had anywhere. The craziest part is the prices. Dinning for two we can spend under $75 comfortably, whereas in the states a meal like this would be at least twice the price.

If this restaurant was in a food-loving city, it would be packed every night. A great contribution to Panama that is seriously lacking in fine dining establishments. Nothing else in the city compares to it. I will be coming back here often when I return!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Great resturant. I have there several times before and have always enjoyed my meals and atmosphere.The Chief is wonderful and creative.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We visited La Trona in Panama City, Panama, last week for one of the best meals we have had in a long time. The ambiance of this restaurant is fabulous, the service is fantastic and the food rates at the top of the list.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Elegant, Distinguished, excellent service and wonderful food. The entrees are all wonderful, I usually go with my family and we ordered almost all entries, keep them in the center of the table and share to try them all.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

lovely terrace, nice music, very decent wine selection, friendly service - in short, we enjoyed the best dinner we had in Panamá.