“Perfect evening”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Perfect evening”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I would rank La Trona next to many of our best dining experiences around the world. The service, atmosphere and food each met our exceeded the expectation we would have for our favorite restaurants in New York and DC. The smoked duck risotto comes in at #2 on our top risotto list. The short ribs melted in your mouth. From appetizers through desserts it was a perfect evening. We were especially pleased by the attentive service. Even on a busy Friday night the wait staff paid us constant attention without hovering or becoming overbearing. Their recommendations for wine, food and dessert were all attentive to our preferences and exactly what we were looking for. And at the end of the meal, the bill was a pleasant surprise! Dinner for 2 with a bottle of wine, appetizers, entrees and deserts was a little more than half what it would have been in NYC. If you are in Panama City, you must go to La Trona.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Chris P

“Great Find”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

A friend recommended us this place.....all i can say is that we owe him. This restaurant is good in every way. The first thing that hits you is the decor and atmosphere. Very well done. The service is suprisingly good. The food is a Peruvian Gourmet style, it is really well done. Everything we had was great, Tuna Tartare, Sushi Tower and a Grouper that came with the most exquisite sauce. It left you asking for more. Definitely give it a two thumbs up.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Magellan2000
Fort Frances, Canada
“Currently One of the Best in Panama City”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Let's be honest. It is not easy to find a restaurant in Panama City that offers great food AND great service. Here it is.
Formerly called Eurasia, La Trona is situated in a lovely old house in the calle Uruguay area, quite close to Avenida Balboa. It is a restaurant for grown-ups - the decor is lovely, mature and it is a place to go for a special night out, or simply a decent meal.
This was my first visit to La Trona, with three friends, and each of us enjoyed our chosen meals very much. My seafood dishes were terrific. However, it is not just the food but the service that stands out at La Trona. Our waitress was attentive, fast and polite, without hovering over our table. We did not feel hurried and I was impressed.
My husband and I are planning another visit to La Trona soon.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank CaramutJane
Panama City, Panama
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

It is a very romantic place that serves amazing food with great service...It has three different environments, one of them allows the people to smoke. We order seafood and it was great! Our highlights was the dessert: the sorbets we order was amazing!

• Visited July 2012
Grand Cayman
“Best Dinner We Had in Panama! Used to Be Called Eurasia...”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I took my wife here on our first night in Panama City. It was fabulous. I found it under TripAdvisor as "Eurasia" - but our cab driver drove us up and down Calle 48 in the Bella Vista area, and he couldn't find Eurasia. He asked a local, and they pointed us inside La Trona. Apparently, it changed names and owners a few months ago.

The location was very romantic, there is inside seating in several different rooms as well as an outside terrace in the back. We sat outside but also had a drink at the bar. The ambiance of the whole place is great and very classic modern.

I would categorize the food as Panamanian meets Italian and Asian. We had a fabulous deconstructed sushi appetizer, while I had the skirt steak with garlic and truffle potatoes and my wife had the shrimp risotto for our main course. We finished with a crème brûlée for desert and also enjoyed a nice bottle of wine. The meal was around 100 USD.

There was one waitress who spoke English, which was great as the menu is in all Spanish. Bring your dictionary!

Finally, the staff was very attentive - and they even gave us a free drink while we waited for our cab after our meal. What a treat! I would come back here for sure!

TIP - I would recommend a reservation.

• Visited August 2012