“Best Dinner We Had in Panama! Used to Be Called Eurasia...”
Review of La Trona

La Trona
Ranked #252 of 1,017 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Grand Cayman
“Best Dinner We Had in Panama! Used to Be Called Eurasia...”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I took my wife here on our first night in Panama City. It was fabulous. I found it under TripAdvisor as "Eurasia" - but our cab driver drove us up and down Calle 48 in the Bella Vista area, and he couldn't find Eurasia. He asked a local, and they pointed us inside La Trona. Apparently, it changed names and owners a few months ago.

The location was very romantic, there is inside seating in several different rooms as well as an outside terrace in the back. We sat outside but also had a drink at the bar. The ambiance of the whole place is great and very classic modern.

I would categorize the food as Panamanian meets Italian and Asian. We had a fabulous deconstructed sushi appetizer, while I had the skirt steak with garlic and truffle potatoes and my wife had the shrimp risotto for our main course. We finished with a crème brûlée for desert and also enjoyed a nice bottle of wine. The meal was around 100 USD.

There was one waitress who spoke English, which was great as the menu is in all Spanish. Bring your dictionary!

Finally, the staff was very attentive - and they even gave us a free drink while we waited for our cab after our meal. What a treat! I would come back here for sure!

TIP - I would recommend a reservation.

• Visited August 2012