“A Touch of the South”

Smoke Shack
Ranked #271 of 986 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Come and enjoy your favorite sports, share a few beers with friends, enjoy our drinks and cocktails, great savings in happy hour, enjoy our specials on Southern food and our special cajun twist. Disfruta tus deportes favoritos; comparte con familiares y amigos de cervezas nacionales, importadas y artesanales bien frias, bebidas y cocteles. Happy Hours y una deliciosa oferta gastronomica.
Nueva Gorgona, Panama
“A Touch of the South”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had been at the Smoke Shack once before to meet with friends and have a couple beers. The food looked delicious and smelled so good, so when my wife and I were in the neighborhood for business I suggested we have lunch there. We were immediately helped with a table that gave us a good view of NFL preseason football on the two screens in the pleasant outdoor area. When we started to order in Spanish the waiter decided to get an associate who spoke English. It wasn’t necessary, but it indicated that they were interested in good service which is so often lacking in many places. My wife and I both ordered the pulled pork sandwiches, which is not on too many menus in Panamá. We were very satisfied with the sandwiches, the garlic mashed potatoes, and a salad. The pork was done just right, as good as you can get it most anywhere. The service was very attentive. They took care of the little things like providing water without having to ask for it. They also have a two-for-one promotion of Grolsch and Red Stripe which was a bonus. No one was smoking outside, so we could enjoy our food. There is also a small indoor part of the restaurant, but it was a bit noisy with children. The restaurant is near Iglesia Carmen in Bella Vista. We will definitely be back and try some other items on the menu.

Panama City, Panama
“Great wings”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is an unpretentious good old home of finger food, love their wings and their baby back ribs.
All their dipping sauces are particularly good. I will definitely come back!

Las Tablas, Panama
“Interesting place”
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

I went with a friend to have some lunch, he ordered a ceviche which was good and a skirt steak with fried yuca, medium well just as asked, I ordered the smoked buffalo wings, I have to say that they were great, juice and tender, I really recommend them, and for the main course I ordered the baby back ribs, they were ok, not what I expected but they were ok, I'll definetely can give this place another shot!! See you soon!!

Grand Cayman
“A great find!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We actually ended up having 2 dinner here during our week in Panama City. It was a short walk from the hotel we were at and we were very happy to find it.

We were out looking for a snack instead of dinner and found just what we were looking for. I wish I had been hungrier because the rack of ribs at the table next to us looked quite delicious. We had some ceviche and it was excellent....a surprise at a bbq joint...and the empanadas were some of the best we had during our entire trip.

At first we had a little misunderstanding with a drink order, they straightened everything out very quickly and professionally and then we were happily surprised when we found out they unexpectedly took the charge off the bill because of it.

Overall a great little place...very busy on the Saturday night we were there and pretty full on the Tuesday night as well. Great service, great food, a really cool place.

Panama City, Panama
“Great Southern Food in PTY”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Being from Georgia, I was very excited to find a southern style barbecue place in Panama City. I had high expectations due to some good reviews online and from a friend. Smoke Shack did not disappoint. The smoked chicken wings are amazing, and it was the first time I had ever heard of it. Tender and juicy, with great sauce.

I posted this to counteract some of the other negative posts. I had pulled pork, sweet potato fries and smoked beans. Fantastic - the pulled pork was a huge portion, with great flavor, and although I usually like to have a nice amount of sauce, they came dry and I didn't even need it. The fries were great tasting, but cold, and the beans were great. My girlfriend had some ribs, and obviously she couldn't handle the nice portion, so I helped out. Great flavor, great sauce and great sides. I am drooling thinking about it.

• Visited July 2012