“Beautiful hotel, don't leave bags with bell hop”
Review of Riande Aeropuerto

Riande Aeropuerto
Ranked #37 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed here for one night and the property is beautiful and the room was clean and nice, but while our bags were in the care of the hotel's bell hop (while we took a tour of the Panama Canal during the day) my iPhone was stolen. When I realized it had been taken (once we got to the airport) we called the hotel, spoke to four different people, nobody was helpful (or spoke much English). I then emailed the hotel when we returned to that States and the email mysteriously bounced back two days later. I used the same email address that my husband successfully used to communicate extensively with the hotel before our arrival. I am really disappointed that no one has been willing to help with this, especially since the phone was stolen while the bags were in the hotel's care. (Using the Find my iPhone app I could see that the phone was in a neighborhood off the highway in Panama.)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,228)

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I would recommend the Riande to anyone going to Panama; it's close to the airport, free shuttle, beautiful property, great food.
It was my wife's birthday when we were there, and she loved it! And she worked for Hilton for 7 years...
Ask for pool-view room.

Room Tip: Ask for pool-view, about $15 more, but worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We spent 19 days touring Panama with no problems drinking the water or eating local food. That all changed upon reaching the Riande Aeropuerto Hotel. It is the closest lodging to the international airport and a good place to wind down before heading home....we thought. We had a late dinner upon arrival on Feb. 19 a breakfast the morning of Feb. 20(shortly thereafter one of our group was barfing in the bushes) and a late lunch which made the remaining 3 of us sprint to our bathrooms. For next 15 hours of our stay either our heads were in or our butts were on the toilet. The 4 of us were as sick as we have ever been and the flight back to Seattle was a nightmare. If you plan to stay here for the airport convenience DON"T eat their food!!! It is now Feb.24 and my stomach is still churning even after starting antibiotics.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank 75wolverine
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We got in late and planned on picking up a rental car the next morning the room was average clean the pool and bar was very nice and a free check in drink also the morning breakfast buffet was average the did have scrambled eggs free shuttle to and from the airport it was one of the best airport hotels I have stayed in only second to the hilton at DTW now closed

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2014

5' from Airport, Shuttle all 30 min., nice room & bed & bathroom, nice pool area & with very large pool & bar / restaurant and even SPA,
Service & Breakfast top - incl Italian Coffee on request;
Con: big hotel with unpersonal atmosphere

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I visit Panama quite often on business and always stay here on my last night due to the close proximity of the airport. I would stay here more but none of the places I visit in Panama are very close by and the surrounding traffic congestion makes the hotel's location very inconvenient to do that. I have been staying here for about 6 years now and can say that the hotel's appearance has dramatically improved over that time. It's like a completely new establishment now from what it was before the remodel. The staff are always very courteous and as helpful as they can be. The restaurant can be hit or miss as it would seem like the cook is in a snit sometimes and the quality of the food suffers over it. On my last visit I asked for bacon cooked soft and got pieces of flint instead. The breakfast bar also leaves a little to be desired as it is somewhat limited and not what I would like to see in the morning but it is complimentary with the room charge so I don't whine to the staff about it.

The "business center" leaves quite a bit to be desired. They don't have a dedicated printer and the one that is "connected" to the computers rarely works. To print boarding passes requires that you email the passes to the front desk and they print it on their printer. The computers are also all in Spanish with no easy method to change the language and the keyboards are NOT user friendly if you aren't used to them. Sending an email is a real pain since it is very difficult to make the @ sign on their keyboards. I speak Spanish so it isn't more than a nuisance to me but I had to help a very frantic young British woman to print some document she needed to board her ship the next day. She didn't speak Spanish and most of the hotel staff's English is limited at best. I try very hard to speak Spanish with the staff since it is their country and I would expect them to try to speak English in mine but not everyone can be that way and having an English speaker handy around the front desk only makes good business sense from my point of view.

Still, I plan to continue staying at this hotel since the benefits vastly outweigh the detractors for me.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room if you have a lot of baggage. There are no elevators or escalators. There ar...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ronald H
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed here in Dec 2013 and again in Jan 2014, the front and back of a fishing trip I took to Panama. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and noise was not an issue. I got a good nights sleep both nights. The food and service were so different from one stay to the next it was almost like a separate hotel. On the first stay the check in went smooth and they won me over with a free drink coupon at the time of check in. I was thrilled to find the Packers vs Bears playoff game televised in the bar. I later ordered the pizza from room service. It arrived quickly, was moderately priced, and pretty tasty. The employees at the desk, bar, and waiter for room service were all very friendly and helpful. On the second stay I was less impressed. Check in and bar area employees were great there, but I made the mistake of eating at the restaurant. After waiting to be seated, we sat ignored without a menu, drinks, or any sign of a waitress for quite some time. It was not busy at the time. I ordered the steak sandwich which was so to arrive. When it did show up it was more gristle and fat than meat. I am not a picky eater, but I had a tough time with this. Very dissapointed, and I would not recommend eating there. Check in included the breakfast buffet. Not five star, but not bad. I didn't leave hungry. The pool area is very nice, with nice scenery in the form of landscaping and mature trees. An outdoor/swim up bar is also present and was a nice touch. There was plenty of pool area seating. A small casino is on site, but I didn't spend any time there. From the door it looked like mostly slot machines. Overall I would consider it very nice for an airport hotel, but certainly wouldn't go there specifically to stay at a "resort".

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo