We are not hotel people, but because we had a late flight arrival into Panama City decided to spend the night before heading off to a beach house several kilometers away. There is a free shuttle from the aeropuerto. It did take us a few minutes to find the hotel representative and the correct place to stand and wait for the shuttle. That all worked out, but what we were not prepared for was the constant expectation that people wanted to be tipped. They didn't offer to help with the luggage just grabbed it and held out their hand. Same when we checked into the hotel. The bellman grabbed our luggage without asking and led us to our room again with an expectation that they would be tipped.
The desk staff was friendly and helpful and spoke English fairly well. The room was fine. Apparently there had been a recent remodel. The bathroom was modern and would be what you expect to find at a five star hotel in the states. The facility is two floors. We did not find an elevator. Stairs were fine for us, but others may find no elevator as an impediment. We were given coupons for two free drinks at the bar. It was late and the staff had little English. I ordered at margarita, the waiter said "strawberry." I said no, a regular Margarita. He brought me a strawberry margarita.
The next morning we had the complimentary breakfast buffet. It was what you might expect. It was fine for a day, but I know I would grow tired of it had we been spending several days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Who said airport hotels had to be boring? Entirely renovated in 2012 and located 5 minutes away from Panama Tocumen International Airport (PTY), the Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort offers an oasis of calm and resort like facilities for business, leisure and transfer travelers. For the business travelers, we offer free Wifi throughout the property, various meeting rooms, a business center, plus free shuttle service from and to the airport. Sport lovers can choose to do their fitness routine inside our well-equipped gym or at our outdoor exercise area overlooking the tropical green gardens, swim in a pool or maybe try one of our new Paddle Tennis courts (Padel). The kids can also join the fun spending time at our playground! Feeling lucky tonight? Do you hear your name being called with every turn of the roulette? Then, the casino is the place for you. Travelers in need of well-deserved relaxation before or after a long flight will feel the bubbling waters of the Jacuzzi melt the stress away while enjoying a drink from the H2O bar, knowing that a relaxing massage awaits them in our brand new spa. All of our 178 luxurious sleeping accommodations all include free internet access, flat screen TVs and our Signature Bed with heavenly linen. We have three dining options and cater for a wide range of tastes; guests can enjoy a meal or snack in the RAH Sushi Bar, la Veranda cafe and H2O Bar. 24/7 Room service is also available for our guests' well-being. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Riande Aeropuerto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riande Aeropuerto Hotel And Resort
- Riande Aeropuerto Hotel Panama City
- Hotel Riande Aeropuerto
- Riande Hotel Panama
- Riande Aeropuerto Panama/Panama City