“Convenient” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
Los Angeles, California
“Convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

We are not hotel people, but because we had a late flight arrival into Panama City decided to spend the night before heading off to a beach house several kilometers away. There is a free shuttle from the aeropuerto. It did take us a few minutes to find the hotel representative and the correct place to stand and wait for the shuttle. That all worked out, but what we were not prepared for was the constant expectation that people wanted to be tipped. They didn't offer to help with the luggage just grabbed it and held out their hand. Same when we checked into the hotel. The bellman grabbed our luggage without asking and led us to our room again with an expectation that they would be tipped.

The desk staff was friendly and helpful and spoke English fairly well. The room was fine. Apparently there had been a recent remodel. The bathroom was modern and would be what you expect to find at a five star hotel in the states. The facility is two floors. We did not find an elevator. Stairs were fine for us, but others may find no elevator as an impediment. We were given coupons for two free drinks at the bar. It was late and the staff had little English. I ordered at margarita, the waiter said "strawberry." I said no, a regular Margarita. He brought me a strawberry margarita.

The next morning we had the complimentary breakfast buffet. It was what you might expect. It was fine for a day, but I know I would grow tired of it had we been spending several days.

1 Thank Thomas S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

This hotel was nicely appointed and the bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. I usually stay here because of the proximity to the airport. This is a good family hotel, or for individuals. I had some fun in the smallish casino- they had all of the usual fun slots, and table games too. The food I ordered from room service was just average. The breakfast has improved a lot since the last time I was there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Chelsea, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 1 night at the beginning and 1 night at the end of our trip to Panama. The lobby is very pretty and also has a whole wall that is a waterfall. We were able to converse in English with the reception desk clerks. The room was comfortable, but what I really liked was the fantastic waterfall shower head with plenty of hot water. We had no trouble getting the shuttle from the airport to the hotel. We just stepped out of the airport and it was waiting curbside and it is a very short 5 minute ride to the airport. It leaves every 30 minutes from the hotel back to the airport. It was a pleasant surprise to get a couple of vouchers for a "welcome drink" upon our arrival. Breakfast is included and held a wide variety of options, from cereal, yogurt, eggs etc. Food was very good. We were able to get smaller denomination bills for our money from the reception desk and there is also an ATM machine just off the lobby.

2 Thank youngmml
Kerrobert, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

A family group of 15 stayed with this resort mid January this year and found it fabulous. We had all age groups from 2 children 2+5 to an 82 year old. There was something for everyone and the request to have rooms situated close together was perfect. There was a playground for the kids, a casino for the more mature crowd and the swim up pool bar and lunch counter suited the younger crowd with us. The grounds around the pool offered sitting areas. The food was very good. We had a couple of suites with two rooms adjoining and they were fabulous. The airport transfers in the morning went off without a hitch and it also had a breakfast. We chose this hotel for its proximity to the airport and when we arrived there we had wished we had spent another day there just relaxing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Airdrie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

We chose this Hotel because it was recommended to us by the B&B we stayed at, for location and price. We booked a poolside room, but they tried to give us one backing onto the busy road behind the hotel. After we refused that room, the lady at the reception changed it to the room we had paid for. She apologized and said that she had not noticed it on our information.
My husband dropped our rental car at the airport and was told he could get a ride back to the hotel with the Hotel shuttle. After awhile, the shuttle drove right by my husband, despite him waiving and trying to get their attention, so he ended up taking a cab.
We enjoyed the nice pool and there was a BBQ buffet for dinner, which was excellent. The room was very nice and quiet with a comfortable king size bed. It was good value for $ 129 and included a pretty good breakfast. When it was time to leave for the Airport, the shuttle was ready to take us, no complaints there! It seems that the only problem is to pick people up from the Airport, hopefully that can be improved upon.

Room Tip: Ask for pool side or pool view to avoid highway noise or looking out on a parking lot.

David, Panama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have stayed at the Riande Airport Hotel several times, only because of its proximity to the Tocumen Airport Panama City. It is a luxurious hotel, and the rooms are nice, but not once did they have proper customer service at the front desk. One time they thought my wife was a hooker and would not let her check-in with me (guess that means that my wife looks hot...). Another time they charged me a different rate than what I reserved. The last time I pre-paid for the room with a King size bed, and they would only give me a room with smaller beds (until I protested to the manager). The food is bearable, but not to the standards of what you would expect for the prices. Unless you need to stay near the airport, there are much better choices. If you decide to stay at the Riande Airport, and are bringing your wife, make sure she doesn't look to attractive when you check-in.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Terry R
San Jose, Costa Rica
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Hi,
December 28 2013 I stayed at Riande, and the hotel its very nice and peacefull, the only problem is the free shuttle service, VERY BAD!!

I sent an email to the hotel like 4 days before my trip, giving them the date & time that I'll arrive to the airport..., they said me... "No problem, the driver have your information and he will be waiting you at the exit", ..sorprise.., no body there, but, they also said to me: "the free shuttle bust be in movement, so every 30 min a "busito" (Little bus) will pick up people in the airport, guess what..?? I waited for over an hour!!
I found a man with the t-shirt with the name of the Hotel.. and.. useless; it was more helpfull a taxi driver who use her own cellphone and call the recepcionist of the hotel, telling her that i was waiting for the free shuttle a long time..

I think, if you dont want to get angry and waste valuable time, its better to take a taxi to the airport, like $5 - $7 . .

Thanks.
Milet

Room Tip: Close to the pool
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo