“Great Hotel close to airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Riande Aeropuerto

Riande Aeropuerto
Ranked #32 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
Sydney, Australia
“Great Hotel close to airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed here for a night in Feb 2013 on my way to Cuba. Prior to my arrival I emailed the hotel to inform them of my flight details and arrange for a transfer (I read to do this from another trip advisor review to ensure you had a pick up). My email was replied to providing me detailed information on what to do after immigration and bag collection and included a picture of the van so I knew what to look for. The pick up was where it said it would be no waiting. It was a very short drive to the hotel. Only I was in the Van and the driver was very friendly. Spoke enough English. He helped me with the bags and to reception. Receptionist and porters were also extremely friendly and helpful. I'm sure I have seen reviews on here saying they do not have enough English skills. I have extremely poor Spanish but I had no problems communicating with them - in English. The hotel lobby was beautiful, nice water features and pretty lighting. My room was ground floor with a door that opened to the pool. I didn't use the pool but the pool and outdoor area looked very inviting. I ordered some room service. Had a little trouble with Spanish/English over the phone however the person who took the call got reception to call me back and confirm he understood what I wanted. Food was decent enough. Room was large and comfortable. In the morning I went to the free breakfast. It was a decent Buffet lots of yummy food. Transfer to the airport left on time. I had a great stay and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the place or stay again myself

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mambo202

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Weott
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Great place to stay if you want a good nights rest before a long trip home. Shuttle is a little crazy (I have never seen huge suitcases loaded in through a rear window onto back seats), felt sorry for the driver and staff. However it all worked out fine.
Rooms were clean and staff pleasant and helpful.
Only bad thing in the rooms we had, showers did not drain very well. Ick...despite that, I would stay here again.

La Paz, Bolivia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Date of stay:12-13-2013. We were 20 hours in transit in Panama, the best decision was to spend the night in a good hotel with a good breakfast (Riande Aereopuerto Hotel). During the morning we went to a mall for shopping and to take a coffee.
Very good experience!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Hyattsville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Closest place to stay for next day travel out of PTY. Shuttle was a bit hectic to get onto but worked out well. Driver presented tiny bottles of water to all in my party. Front desk clerk was welcoming and pleasant. Our rooms were garden styled (walk up stairs). Bags were carried by staff then placed in a chute type lift to get to the 2nd floor. AC worked fine in 1 room; but did not work in the other. Did not bother to ask for help since it was already late and we were only spending 1 night. Welcome drinks was either beer (from choice of 2 kinds) or wine. Other drinks at the bar (nearest to pool) were okay and reasonably priced...I think between 4 and 6 dollars. Ordered some soup from the bar menu; not very tasty but manageable if hungry. Rooms had 2 beds and tiny sitting area consisting of table/2 chairs and small refrigerator. Just really a basic/standard hotel room. Breakfast was acceptable with regular American fare and some Panamanian additives......coffee was pretty good. Beautiful grounds. Will stay again because of proximity to the airport....reiterate....traffic in Panama city is horrendous! Pls remember...tips are always welcomed in Panama.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Chilliwack, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

If you are looking to stay a night or two near the airport (Tocumen), then this is the place to stay. It was clean, had a complimentary breakfast and welcome drink tickets and a free shuttle to the airport that leaves every 30 minutes. The beds were comfy. We did not use the pool, but there is a decent looking pool area. There is also a seedy little casino onsite....we dropped $20 on a tight slot machine. It is not the Ritz, but more than adequate for the convenient location to ensure you get to the airport on time for any flights home.

Edwardsville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Date of stay:12-10-2013
It never ceases to amaze me of what makes people satisfied with a hotel stay! If you have a "European" need for a special type of FREE breakfast-maybe this place is not for you! For the rest of us, the scrabbled eggs, sausage, cereal, local fresh fruit etc is a nice touch before catching our plane.
Since it's renovation last year this is a great place to spend your first or last night in Panama. Ultra modern rooms! We loved the showers! My grand children (9 & 8) loved the pool and the free use of the rafts furnished by the hotel. My son and daughter in law enjoyed the swim up bar in the evening as I took care of the kids. Very romantic music played over a great sound system! I even won $100.00 in the casino! Listen folks-this country is transforming. A tip of 25 cents to your bellman ain't going to cut it! If you are respectful to these folks at this hotel they will do ANYTHING to make your stay a good one. Treat them as your servants and you will probably get what you deserve!

Room Tip: The front desk folks speak English, but really like it if you at least try to speak Spanish. The poo...
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

It's not often I sing the praises of an airport hotel (seriously, who does?), but the Riande Aeropuerto is a pleasant exception to the rule.
The facilities are varied and interesting, the staff is cheerful and helpful.
It is an oasis in the desert of hotel mediocrity.

Every time I have a late flight, in or an early flight out of Tocumen airport I am sure to stay at the Riande Aeropuerto. It has impressed me so much that I will even seek out their downtown Panama hotel (and I never normally stay dowtown) just to check it out.

Well done!

Andrew K.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Andrew K