The hotel is next to the airport and offers a complimentary shuttle.
I decided to stay here as I had an early morning flight out of Panama and the traffic in Panama is very bad due to all the construction works going on.
I checked in after 10pm - no queues at this time - and got a room on the ground floor.
Upon entering my room, I figured out that the walls are very thin - the neighbours had small children and I was hoping that the fiesta would end soon.
The room looked a bit worn out - dirty carpets; dirty wall. A small smelly minibar (empty).
11pm; 11.30 - but next door the familiy was still discussing private matters.
Around midnight I decided to take my free drink at the poolbar which luckily was still open - a cold beer tastes always well - and if it´s for free, it tasts even better.
When I got back to my room, neighbour´s TV was still playing - but luckily I was so tired that I felt asleep.
Next morning - everything quiet. Except the neighbour´s TV.
I decided to check out the gym which had an disgusting smell - probably due to the high humidity in Panama. The ceiling was very low - too low for tall people.
The range of equipment is very limited; some broken - see picture.
Better than nothing - but far under expectations.
Next, I went for a quick swim - the water in the pool just had the right temperature.
A nice pool - in a tropical environment. I enjoyed.
Then I went for breakfast: buffet! Some fruits, bread etc. - basic, but OK.
Summary: Kick out the architect who made/designed the walls!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Who said airport hotels had to be boring? Entirely renovated in 2012 and located 5 minutes away from Panama Tocumen International Airport (PTY), the Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort offers an oasis of calm and resort like facilities for business, leisure and transfer travelers. For the business travelers, we offer free Wifi throughout the property, various meeting rooms, a business center, plus free shuttle service from and to the airport. Sport lovers can choose to do their fitness routine inside our well-equipped gym or at our outdoor exercise area overlooking the tropical green gardens, swim in a pool or maybe try one of our new Paddle Tennis courts (Padel). The kids can also join the fun spending time at our playground! Feeling lucky tonight? Do you hear your name being called with every turn of the roulette? Then, the casino is the place for you. Travelers in need of well-deserved relaxation before or after a long flight will feel the bubbling waters of the Jacuzzi melt the stress away while enjoying a drink from the H2O bar, knowing that a relaxing massage awaits them in our brand new spa. All of our 178 luxurious sleeping accommodations all include free internet access, flat screen TVs and our Signature Bed with heavenly linen. We have three dining options and cater for a wide range of tastes; guests can enjoy a meal or snack in the RAH Sushi Bar, la Veranda cafe and H2O Bar. 24/7 Room service is also available for our guests' well-being. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Riande Aeropuerto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riande Aeropuerto Hotel Panama City
- Riande Aeropuerto Hotel And Resort
- Hotel Riande Aeropuerto
- Riande Hotel Panama
- Riande Aeropuerto Panama/Panama City