“Nice Airport retreat -- dog tolerant”
Review of Riande Aeropuerto

Riande Aeropuerto
Ranked #35 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We splurged after flight problems in Panama City. This hotel is an oasis with not much nearby. Nice pool and decent fitness room. Standard overpriced restaurant. However the hotel bills itself as "dog friendly" and that's not entirely true. They wanted our dog to use a separate entrance into the hotel and said he had to remain in a cage at all times--even in the room. It's a shame bc our dog would have really enjoyed lounging by the pool!

• Stayed: August 2013
RiandeHoteles, Guest Relations Manager at Riande Aeropuerto, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Steff,

On behalf of the entire staff at the Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort, I would like to thank you again for choosing us as your home when visiting Panama; you were right to splurge and indulge in some well-deserved post-flight relaxation. Flight issues can be exhausting so I am glad you managed to enjoy your stay nonetheless.

Concerning our dog policy: I think you are right to use the term dog “tolerant” to describe our establishment. Small dogs are allowed in the hotel, as long as they are kept in krates or carriers in the public area. We prohibit dogs from public areas for security and allergy reasons. Our staff is well-informed on this policy so I am sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

Steff, once again thank you for your comment. We hope to welcome you back at Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort very soon, this time not because of flight problems.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Very negative experience on my last stay from July 21 to 23, 2013 with my wife and grandson. Beware when you book through Expedia. The hotel was empty . There were dozens of rooms with a nice view of the swimming pool, but we were given a room very far away from the reception and with a view to a construction site. When we checked-in they knew the room was prepaid, and never asked me for a credit card. Therefore, when I ordered room service I was told I had to pay cash immediately. When I asked why, I was told I hadn’t left my credit card number at check-in. Why didn’t they ask for it? Another thing: The hotel prohibits guests to enter the premises with any food bought outside. Besides seeming illegal (when I book and pay for a hotel room it is my temporary home, and I can take home whatever I want, unless it’s illicit, like drugs or guns), it’s difficult for families with children to comply with such regulation. Are moms forbidden to pass with their baby bottles too? Is a breastfeeding mother prohibited to enter (after all, she’s carrying food that was not bought at the hotel)? The worst of all is that the bellboy at the entrance saw us with bags from a fast food restaurant, but made a great fuss about it, not at all discreetly, saying that if we hid the bags we could pass. It seemed to me that he was indirectly asking for a bribe in order to let us pass. We just protested and proceeded to our room.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Antonio M
RiandeHoteles, Guest Relations Manager at Riande Aeropuerto, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Mr, Antonio,

With a small delay and on behalf of the entire staff at the Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort, I would like to apologize for your negative experience.

I also would like to clarify the following points:
- You are right to say that you were not given a complimentary upgrade upon arrival and stayed in the standard room you had booked and paid for with expedia. Our policy is to give complimentary upgrades primarily for guests who book directly with us though riandehoteles.com.
- Concerning your credit card, you are right to point out that it would have been easier for you to leave your credit card when checking-in to avoid having to pay with cash. This was our mistake and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
- As for our food policy; I am sorry to hear you felt our bellboys mistreated you. Our food policy is the same as many other 4* and 5* properties: we do not allow guests to bring in food or alcoholic beverages to their rooms. Exceptions are however made for children’s food or a food type that is not available at our property. In any case the best is simply to ask and discuss with the person at the door before bringing food in.

I hope you understand our policies a little better now. Once again, please forgive us for any inconvenience. We hope to welcome you back soon at Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Ideal hotel for me as I am working at the airport. There is a free H24 shuttle bus and the hotel is clean and well equipped although the safe in my room doesn't actually close. There is a Restaurant that has not disappointed yet. There is even a Sushi Bar. The pool looks nice but regretfully I have not had the opportunity to use it because of work. If you want to visit Panama City this is not the hotel for you. If you want a nice comfortable hotel really close to the airport this is ideal,

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
RiandeHoteles, Guest Relations Manager at Riande Aeropuerto, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Kathy,

On behalf of the entire staff at the Riande Aeropuerto Hotel,Casino & Resort, I would like to thank you and your husband for choosing to stay with us.

I am glad we met your needs and expectations and that you were able to enjoy your free drink whilst relaxing in our lounge. Thank you for sharing your impressions about our impeccable cleanliness, comfortable signature beds and punctual shuttle service on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the time and effort you put into writing about us.

I hope to welcome your significant other and yourself back very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Proximity to the airport, beautiful hotel gardens with plenty of shade, pool side bar, great restaurant and clean rooms with air-conditioners that work. Full buffet breakfast and a choice of beverage at the bar are included in the room price. Even for the cost-conscious, this hotel can save the traveler money because the taxi fare is only a few dollars. Of course, the room rate will be at the luxury level unless you reserve in advance. First, find the room rate on the Internet and then make a phone reservation at least a week in advance to the front desk and ask for their lowest rate.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Yamora
Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you need to stay near the airport for an early morning flight from Tocumen International Airport PTY, this is your place. Traffic in Panama City is bad, at best, and you never know what is in the works, normal rush hour traffic, an accident, torrential rain (it happened to me in August).
The Riande has a shuttle, both to and from the airport. It is close by and they pick up and drop off every 30 min.
My room was modern, clean, and a good size. The bathroom was nice with a rain shower head in the glass shower. Nice. The flatscreen TV in my room was larger than the 46 inch in my home.
There is a 24 hour restaurant and a sushi bar open for lunch and dinner. If breakfast is included, it is adequate, but nothing to rave about. Overall, I recommend the Riande to take the stress out of leaving Panama and making our flight on time.
Oh, there is a casino but I didn't stop in. Maybe you can check it out. There is also a spa, but when I tried to book a massage, they didn't have a masseuse, so I can't rate it. Everyone was helpful and friendly. Front desk personnel were efficient. I made a mistake and got to the airport hours too early, called the hotel and they let me check back in and occupy my old room because it hadn't been cleaned yet. And they picked me up at the airport and brought me back. Very accommodating.
This hotel is not close to shopping or other restaurants, but I think it is great for convenience to PTY.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor overlooking a children's area but there weren't any children playin...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank maryama123
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I booked a flight which gave me a 17 hour layover in Panama City and as I did not know the city I checked out Trip Advisor and found this hotel just outside the airport. The reviews looked good and I must say it was everything that I had read. Clean , friendly and free Internet and breakfast. If you need pool time good relaxing pool and the well maintained grounds
Rooms are large and a good bathroom with one if the strongest showers I have been in.
It has a feeling if a well run and popular hotel, so does not have a brand new feeling and as I was shopping or sightseeing was perfect for my needs
I would defiantly stay here again

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank go2mike
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I did not know what to expect from an "Airport" Hotel, but I was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is built around a beautiful, well-landscaped pool. You have no clue you are in the heart of a city..I had spent several days previously at a Panama City Hotel with a pool, and never once used it..but as soon as I saw this pool, I dug out my bathing suit.The pool is surrounded by plentiful, comfortable lounge chairs, there is a spa services gazebo, an amusing, functional giant chess set and tropical trees which attract beautiful birds. The pool itself has a bridge, a waterfall and a poolside bar from which you can purchase drinks while in the pool. The hotel gives you a free drink certificate when you arrive.

As I mentioned, the two-floor hotel is built around the pool, so that the rooms surround and face the pool. If you are on the first floor you have sliding glass doors and a "patio" from which to view the pool..and of course can walk right out to it...which I recommend..The second floor rooms have balcony terraces overlooking the pool. The drawback of having the hotel surround the pool, is that your room may be a long walk from the reception desk..If mobility is a factor, request a closer room..

The rooms are clean and decorated with a modern edge...Watch out for the glass shower doors which leak..keep your towel or bath mat off the floor..This is an issue I have encountered in several CA or SA hotels..

We had problems operating the airconditioning unit but when we called the front desk, a service man was promptly sent. Of course, you stay at an airport hotel for easy access to the airport. The front desk will obtain and print your boarding passes (if your itinerary allows it) and the airport shuttle runs regularly. I did not make use of the casino. The only drawback is the restaurant, which is mediocre at best..but the buffet breakfast is satisfying with ample choice and tropical fruit.. All in all..I would have liked to relax there a little longer....

Room Tip: A ground floor room gives you a patio with easy pool access
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple