“Great hotel near Tocumen International PTY Panama”
Review of Riande Aeropuerto

Riande Aeropuerto
Ranked #35 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you need to stay near the airport for an early morning flight from Tocumen International Airport PTY, this is your place. Traffic in Panama City is bad, at best, and you never know what is in the works, normal rush hour traffic, an accident, torrential rain (it happened to me in August).
The Riande has a shuttle, both to and from the airport. It is close by and they pick up and drop off every 30 min.
My room was modern, clean, and a good size. The bathroom was nice with a rain shower head in the glass shower. Nice. The flatscreen TV in my room was larger than the 46 inch in my home.
There is a 24 hour restaurant and a sushi bar open for lunch and dinner. If breakfast is included, it is adequate, but nothing to rave about. Overall, I recommend the Riande to take the stress out of leaving Panama and making our flight on time.
Oh, there is a casino but I didn't stop in. Maybe you can check it out. There is also a spa, but when I tried to book a massage, they didn't have a masseuse, so I can't rate it. Everyone was helpful and friendly. Front desk personnel were efficient. I made a mistake and got to the airport hours too early, called the hotel and they let me check back in and occupy my old room because it hadn't been cleaned yet. And they picked me up at the airport and brought me back. Very accommodating.
This hotel is not close to shopping or other restaurants, but I think it is great for convenience to PTY.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor overlooking a children's area but there weren't any children playin...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank maryama123

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I booked a flight which gave me a 17 hour layover in Panama City and as I did not know the city I checked out Trip Advisor and found this hotel just outside the airport. The reviews looked good and I must say it was everything that I had read. Clean , friendly and free Internet and breakfast. If you need pool time good relaxing pool and the well maintained grounds
Rooms are large and a good bathroom with one if the strongest showers I have been in.
It has a feeling if a well run and popular hotel, so does not have a brand new feeling and as I was shopping or sightseeing was perfect for my needs
I would defiantly stay here again

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank go2mike
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I did not know what to expect from an "Airport" Hotel, but I was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is built around a beautiful, well-landscaped pool. You have no clue you are in the heart of a city..I had spent several days previously at a Panama City Hotel with a pool, and never once used it..but as soon as I saw this pool, I dug out my bathing suit.The pool is surrounded by plentiful, comfortable lounge chairs, there is a spa services gazebo, an amusing, functional giant chess set and tropical trees which attract beautiful birds. The pool itself has a bridge, a waterfall and a poolside bar from which you can purchase drinks while in the pool. The hotel gives you a free drink certificate when you arrive.

As I mentioned, the two-floor hotel is built around the pool, so that the rooms surround and face the pool. If you are on the first floor you have sliding glass doors and a "patio" from which to view the pool..and of course can walk right out to it...which I recommend..The second floor rooms have balcony terraces overlooking the pool. The drawback of having the hotel surround the pool, is that your room may be a long walk from the reception desk..If mobility is a factor, request a closer room..

The rooms are clean and decorated with a modern edge...Watch out for the glass shower doors which leak..keep your towel or bath mat off the floor..This is an issue I have encountered in several CA or SA hotels..

We had problems operating the airconditioning unit but when we called the front desk, a service man was promptly sent. Of course, you stay at an airport hotel for easy access to the airport. The front desk will obtain and print your boarding passes (if your itinerary allows it) and the airport shuttle runs regularly. I did not make use of the casino. The only drawback is the restaurant, which is mediocre at best..but the buffet breakfast is satisfying with ample choice and tropical fruit.. All in all..I would have liked to relax there a little longer....

Room Tip: A ground floor room gives you a patio with easy pool access
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Late to pick us up from the airport, construction around our room so it was messu and loud. The internet service was poor and was not able to keep connected for a more than a fee minutes. Free "buffet" consisted of un cooked eggs and chorizo. We werent allowed to eat in the dining room because we had a sleeve less shirt and we had tattoos, however there were some people eating and they had no shoes. We were treated terrible and we never gave them a reason to treat us that way. They were late taking us to the airport. They treated us with disrespect, please and thank you were NON existence. I would have rather stayed at the airport terminal. We paid good money for them to treat us that way. Horrible experience, I never write reviews but everyone needs to know. They have no respect

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank boricua12345
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a layover in Panama city and thought this hotel, close to airport and with a free shuttle service, was a good option. We arrived, got two rooms, went to freshen up and later on to dine. THe food was horrendous, all five of our mains were of terrible quality, though the ceviche was bearable. You get one free drink voucher on the house, but the single waiter was taking care of all the tables (7-8) that night, so we had to literally catch him all the time. A few times, my dad lost his nerve and went to the bar instead to order drink refills. That's alright, we aren't so pretentious, and we ate just to eat, and simply went to sleep. One of the rooms was ok, however in the other the AC wouldnt work. We thougth to give it time to kick in, took cold showers, laid naked covered in wet towels and every other trick in the book. All the AC could manage was a little breeze. At around midnight I called the reception, and the guy was very rude telling me someone "will come to check it out". No one ever came. Even after two repeat calls and promises, no one ever showed up. Worst hotel stay. Get a different hotel...

Room Tip: If you are lucky, get one with AC
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mdan188626
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I hope there will be other competition in lodging near Tocumen Airport in the near future. Riande take full advantage of the fact that they are the only game in town, airport hotel. Frankly, the facility is quite nice and comfortable but waaaaaaay overpriced. Free enterprise I guess. As typical in all of Panama, staff excels in ignoring the customer. If you have an early morning flight
go ahead and book here because they have a free shuttle to the airport only 5 min. away.Despite the cost it may be worth the convenience. BTW, the "free" Wifi is extreeeeeeeeemly slow but they offer high speed wifi for $10..00 per day. What a ripoff!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort is only minutes from the Panama City airport and is a perfect place to spend your final night in Panama. Early flights are no problem with a free hotel shuttle quickly transporting guests to the airport.

A free breakfast is available and meals in the Hotel are very good and affordably priced. The restaurant is open for meals throughout the day and evening with room service also offered. The casino was a big attraction and virtually empty on the evening my wife and I stayed. We left as winners with my wife pocketing close to $500 and I won $100. Not a bad way to leave a country following a 9-day vacation.

Room Tip: Rooms have windows facing into a playground court yard and all appear to be well situated.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple