Clean, charming room with a wonderful slanted marble shower which felt like being in a pyramid, although no balcony nor view were available. Best possible service from Madeleine at the reception and Alcibiado. But the most important were the hotel's trusted taxis provided. Franklin was a real treat: not only a trustworthy driver, but also a wonderful guide at the same time.
Breakfast: try the sausages with your eggs, a local specialty. Taxis: it is important to take only a driver acredited by the airport (yellow T-shirt and official badge) for safety reasons. Wifi in all rooms and also possibility of using lounge computers and printers. We e-mailed the hotel previously for more information, but received no answer, perhaps because our request was in English (?). This would be the only negative comment I would have. Visit the Panama canal by all means.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DeVille Hotel was conceived as a Beautiful Boutique Hotel, taking you back in time, all the way to the romantic era when Ferdinand de Lesseps was making the first intent in digging the Panama Canal; hence its French name, its comfortable furniture imported from former French colonies, its cozy, quiet oversized rooms, reminding you of other epochs; but also with all modern amenities and services, like Cable TV, minibars, WiFi Internet Access, coffee makers, hairdryers, safety deposit boxes and all other amenities you have come to expect in the best hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel DeVille reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deville Hotel Panama City
- Hotel DeVille Panama/Panama City