Continental Hotel & Casino
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Aparthotel Alfa(Panama City)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Panama Marriott Hotel(Panama City)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Metro Hotel Panama(Panama City)
View Hotel
Hotel El Panama(Panama City)
View Hotel
The Executive Hotel(Panama City)
View Hotel
All reviewshotel is centrally locatedspoke englishvery nice hotelmetro stationbusiness districtroom was largecitypanamabellmanactaxiscanal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It has been a while. We stayed at this hotel for 5 days and nights, and enoyed the friendly staff and good drinks. Casino action is something we always enjoy on all our trips where available. The casino at the hotel offers a fair variety of slots. I can say we won some money on the 3 reel coin machines, and some on the penny machines. I would rate the hotel very good and the casino average. I have stayed at this hotel twice, and found it easy to get around with taxis always available. There are other casinos close by, and good restaurants.
Need I say more!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank UncleG55711
SamanthaBBlake, E-Commerce Manager at Continental Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Guest: Thank you for choosing the Continental Hotel & Casino during your trip to Panama. We appreciate your comments. We hope to have you again at our hotel during your next trip to Panama.

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I was in Panama for a week vacation. I reserved this hotel 2 months in advance on Orbitz for $78.00 day. I checked on Orbitz 2 weeks before my trip & price had increased to $108.00 so always book early. This hotel is right smack in middle of downtown with Habanos Cafe & Beirut Restaurant just one block away. There is also a Supermarket Rey to stock up on groceries only a couple blocks away. The hotel has a restaurant, bar, gym & a small swimming pool that I never saw anyone in. I did not have the breakfast buffet because I do not want to eat that much but did order the $7.00 fruit plate. I was just expecting waiter to fill plate with fruit from the buffet but they actually peeled all the papaya, pineapple, watermelon, etc fresh and best fruit I have had in awhile. The rooms are quite large with two double beds. The front desk was nice enough to give me the pool facing room, the street facing rooms can be noisy from all the taxis honking horns. The rooms were large & clean with flat screen TV & refrigerator, there is no microwave. The shower has a huge place size shower head which was really nice. The water does not get super hot so could not soak in a bath but hot enough for showers. All the staff is friendly of course. The BEST thing about this hotel is that the walls & floors are very thick...I did not hear the guests in the other rooms AT ALL! There is nothing worse than hearing the next room TV, talking, kids running, snoring, etc. This hotel is a regular hotel for business travelers from other countries such as Brazil , India, etc as I saw a lot of businessmen in suits & spoke to a few. One taxi driver told me this is considered one of the 5 star hotels along with the Marriott & Riande Luxury. I saw a placard on front desk showing room rates from $250.00 to $500.00. I asked are these normal rates & he said it is. You also get free WiFi (ask front desk for WiFi code) & there is business center with 8 free desktops with internet access. There is also hotel drivers but will cost you double what regular cab charges but the cars are new and air conditioned compared to the cabs. Overall a great place for the price I paid.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Yoipitydafool67
SamanthaBBlake, Revenue & E-Commerce Manager at Continental Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing Continental Hotel & Casino for your trip in Panama. Your comments are very important to us. We appreciate the time you spent to make known your opinions. And also, thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Excellent location excellent customer service but it stops there spent two nights at hotel ac in room did not blow cold and was very loud wifi worked 30 percent of time but kicked you off within 30 mins several outlets in room did not work
It is and outdoor lobby which is extremely hot reception area closed and ac
Elevator was broke several times in 2 days so 10 stories ran on 1 elevator which was slow

Panama residents love this hotel because of all of its history,

It needs to be updated

In defense of hotel I did not notify front desk of problems with room
There front desk personnel and workers in lobby were very friendly

I got a deal on this hotel 2 nights for under 180,
the price was much lower on line then walk in price.
They had a nice clean casino

Room Tip: If you book hotel and a light sleeper stay in a higher floor and opposite of street no view but quiet
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Pete S
SamanthaBBlake, E-Commerce Manager at Continental Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Guest: thank you for giving us the opportunity to offer you our hospitality and service. Your suggestions and opinions are very appreciated. Please forgive any inconvenience this may have caused to you on your stay. We appreciate the time you spent to make known your opinions.

Sincerely your,

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Continental Hotel and Cassino in Panama City (September 2011). The room was big and clean, good amenities and great breakfast. The staff was very helpful. One very important thing: they don't offer free wi-fi. There are good and inexpensive restaurants nearby (I recommend Restaurant Beirut) for a good meal.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo

Dear Guest: Thank you for choosing the Continental Hotel & Casino during your trip to Panama. Thanks for taking a few minutes of your valuable time to tell us your experience. Note that the hotel does offer free wi fi.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Some years ago I decided to stop staying at this property. However, I had to attend a meeting organized by other organization. The Continental was the meeting headquarters. I have to say I was surprised with some changes they have implemented. The rooms were renovated and look much better than before, more comfortable too. The meeting room where we worked was also rejuvenated. The service has improved a lot. The wifi worked very well. Unfortunately the food is still in desperate need of help, particularly the breakfast.

Room Tip: Higher floors to stay away from noise
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest: thank you very much for taking the time to explain your experience during your stay in our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again at our hotel during your next travel.

Sincerely yours,