“High Standard”

Ranked #34 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
Ravenna, Italy
“High Standard”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

High quality as standard in this hotel chain .
Unfortunately the swimming pool is very small .
Another inconvenient occurred are road working in progress all around the neighborhood .
The sound proof windows worked perfectly .
The Hotel would need an overhall refreshment of the rooms but it is anyway High Standard .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank alexra66
Marielos O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Panama, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear alexra66
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about the hotel. We are really glad that the sound proof windows allowed you to have a good rest. The good news about the counstruction in the neighborhood is that on February 2014 we will have a metro station half a block from the hotel. We are also working in the refreshment of our rooms. It was a real pleasure having you as our special guest and we do look forward to welcoming you back in a future visit to Panama
Sincerely
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Panama
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We went to eat to La Galería Restaurant and we have an incredible attention his captain Jose Pinto. He was very pending that we were well served and also pending for my little daughter of 3 years old.

I strongly recommend to go and eat at this Hotel and meet Juan José, you will be for sure very well served.

The food there was exquisite and with a very good prices. They have a great chef. We ate a delicious ribeye steak and a Sancocho (Panamanian soup). Both were very very delicious. We also ate a pasta with mixed fish, also incredible.

Room Tip: Not experienced, just at the restaurant.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Marielos O, Manager at Crowne Plaza Panama, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear dacasdo
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are really pleased to know you really enjoyed it. Our main goal is to provide an excellent service, therefore, we have excellent service stars as Juan Jose Pinto and our Chef Don Vipula. Thank you again for your comments and we do look forward to welcoming you back.
Sincerely
Santa Marta, Colombia
Reviewed October 16, 2013

my first time at this hotel great location, really enjoy it was clean, good value for the money , internet was not to fast, but the best of this place is the staff there is guy horacio, this guy from the reception was very nice guy, he give me good advices for travel around panama city and help everything I needed...i highlly recomend this place, if you like sushi ask horacio he told me about a great restaurant close by

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank andres g
Marielos O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Panama, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear andres g
We are really pleased after reading your review about your stay at our hotel and knowing it was an enjoyable one. Our main goal is to provide an excellent service and of course Horacio did a great job accomplishing it! We thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we do look forward to welcoming you back in a future visit to Panama.
Trinidad
Reviewed October 11, 2013

my first trip to Panama exceeded my expectations, expecially the Panamanian people. we stayed at the Crowne Plaza, Panama City.

the positives, The property was well kept, the pool on the deck was awesome, with the pool being just the right depth and design, the restauant is well placed, we had a foods from different cultures every day. the concierge service offered was very helpful, room service did a good job but the staff was the the best.

there was this one guy in particular, Daniel, he works as a bell boy, he knew some english which was a plus, we met the first second day i was there, i asked him for directions to get to the mall. he was very helpful, i spoke to him everynight to help me plan our day ahead, i took "jello" taxi, bus and hotel shuttle everywhere. my second to last day i went to a mall , Allbrook Mall, and purchased a pair of sneakers, when i got to the hotel i realised that they put two different sizes in the box, i spoke to one person at the front desk who called the store on my behalf and spoke to them but i felt like i had lost money, feeling down i awaited until Daniel arrived to work for his shift, i spoke to him, he got a taxi for me to go back to the mall the day we were leaving, had the taxi wait on me and drop me back to the hotel, without his help everyday, i would not have felt too safe in Panama and i would definitely visit again just because of us meeting him at the hotel.

it's people like him which makes south america a place of comfort especially when you cant speak spanish. i would stay at the crowne plaza in Panama anytime.

Room Tip: choose a room above the pool which is on the fourth level i think, the view is better.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank ryan m
Marielos O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Panama, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear ryan m
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay with us. We are really pleased to know that our service and facilites exceeded your expectations and were part of the success of your trip, especially Daniel, who is a great representative of our commitment to provide an excellent service. Thank you again for your positive comments and we do look forward to welcoming you back in a future visit to beautiful Panama.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2013

On a pleasure trip that turned into grief that turned into a salvageable experience. Came to see an old friend from Canada. That turned sour and I ended up leaving my accommodations and had to find a place to hang until my flight out. Without reservations, I stumbled upon the Crowne Plaza, Panama City. Thanks to the staff for welcoming me, making the last week of a month long stay better than the first 3 weeks. I read some not so good reviews during my stay at the Crowne Plaza which prompted me to write my own as I felt those reviews were a little unfair. Yes, there is a century old cathedral close by, Eglesias de Carmen, a very beautiful structure that sounds her bells calling to the faithful. I'm catholic and this bothered me very little. The church has agreed to limit the sounding of her bells, I understand it used to sound them on the hour every hour. It does not anymore. On Sundays, as with the cathedral in my home town, the bells do ring. But that is Sunday and this is a Catholic community after all. The rooms in the hotel are large, spacious and very comfortable, finished tastefully and I lacked very little. The staff are eager to please all and I found them all very interested in the enjoyment of my stay. Most are very capable of communicating in both Spanish, and English, which is more than I can say for most of Panamanians who see no need for a second language. The lounge is comfortable, great bartender, the menu adequate. The restaurant staff are visible, there for you but not hovering for you to finish your meal. The front end staff are competent, efficient and eager to please all guests. The hotel is conveniently located, and undergoing some refurbishments to better their clients stay. I heard no workers making noise, no one woke me up. In the grand scheme of cost per night, for one I believe Panama to be overpriced and not meriting the use of an American currency, however, the cost of a night is equivalent to a cost of stay in Canada, and in that sense, I'm completely ok with recommending to anyone, a stay in this hotel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Norman D
Marielos O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Panama, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Norman D
Thank you for taking time to write about your experience at our hotel. We are really pleased to know that our staff and facilities were part of the success of your trip. It is our main goal to provide an excellent service and our commitment was making of your stay with us an enjoyable experience . We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in a future visit to Panama City.
Israel
Reviewed October 5, 2013

As a frequent visitor for business in Panama City, I tried most of the hotels in the business zone and this is the one I return each time.
The WIFI is strong (not obviouse in many hotels in Central America), good breakfast and the small bar is adequate for a late night drink
Recommended

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Marielos O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Panama, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Zoli B
Thank you for sharing your opinión about our hotel. It is always a pleasure to know we are accomplishing our goal providing all what is needed to make of your stay with us a positive experience. We do look foward to welcoming you back in every new visit to Panama City.
Cordialy,
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed October 3, 2013

All my complains is based in one thing, this is very humid hotel, it was impossible not to use some shoes to go to the bathroom, or even to walk inside the room, the floor was always wet, the air conditioner was always too cold for me, i was freezing all the time inside of the room, i just had to stay in the pool to read a book or something. The food was good, breakfast good too. All my clothes got smelly, like moho, i was there for a conference and when was over i changed the hotel inmediatly, i couldn't get confortable at all.
By the way, the bells of the church on the corner, starts at 6am every weekend, and every time that was a wedding, there was fireworks, very noisy although.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear CarolLuz
We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences during your recent stay at our hotel. Being Panama a tropical country there is a high amount of humidity especially during rainy days. We regret that we did not know about your discomfort while you were at the hotel so we could have taken corrective measures immediately. We hope that you would give us another opportunity to compensate for all inconveniences and make of a future stay at our hotel an enjoyable experience.