As mentioned in other reviews of this hotel, the Crowne Plaza is remodeled but does not quite meet the expectations associated with a Crowne Plaza located in a capitol city. The bedroom was comfortable and we had fresh fruit delivered to our suite the first day only. Only one "welcome drink" voucher was received - but this was probably an oversight.
The only complaint would be the small bathroom - although remodeled - the size coul not be changed.
Unfortunately the air conditioner could not get the room below 24oC.
We had no problems with noise, but we were facing the back; and on the top floor. The buffet breakfast was average, and I think that a new chef was working the weekend shift, as he was very slow and could cook for only one guest at a time.
The food was good, but not great - and the choice was limited.
The location of the hotel was good - although it is almost too hot to walk anywhere - but taxis are relatively inexpensive - as long as you don't take a taxi from the Hotel - which is twice the price (but probably more secure!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As you walk into the marble-floored lobby with grand columns and modern furnishings, you'll be greeted by the warm, welcoming staff of our Crowne Plaza(R) Panama hotel. And, if you're seeking hotels near the Panama Canal or near the banking area, we're just minutes from both destinations. Ideal for corporate travelers, our accommodations include a Business Center with personal computers and copy, print and fax capabilities. We have five banquet rooms, which can host parties of 200, and perks like Daily Meeting Debriefs by a dedicated Crowne Meetings Director, making us "The Place to Meet" in Panama City, Panama. When our hotel's guests choose to stay with us, they are only a few miles from first-class restaurants, nice casinos and great shopping. Pick up souvenirs from the Multiplaza Shopping Center and Albrook Mall, walk down to Casco Viejo, the historic sector of the city, or catch a performance at the National Theater. In addition, guests need travel only two miles from our hotel's location to reach the Panama Canal. After a long day of touring Panama City, Panama, our hotel's facilities can help you relax. Enjoy a traditional dish at our on-site restaurant, La Galeria, then grab a nightcap at the Memories Sports Bar & Lounge. With a Fitness Center, outdoor pool and the Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage(R) Program, we have everything you need to stay comfortable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Panama Hotel Panama City
- Crowne Plaza Panama City
- Panama City Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Panama Panama City