“Value for money”

The Executive Hotel
Ranked #57 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed November 16, 2013

The Executive hotel was one of the cheapest we booked on our current trip, so we were prepared for a certain degree of give and take. When we arrived we were somewhat apprehensive, based on what we thought was a deserted area of the city. However, this was only because of a national holiday and the area proved not to be deserted at all, but still quiet enough at night to have a good night's sleep.

At the rate we paid this hotel was superb value for money. Apart form perhaps a paint-job in the bathroom there was nothing to be wished for. Big, clean rooms, with all amenities for a spoiled traveller. Receptionists (and other staff) that really made us feel welcome and an in-house restaurant that has sufficient choice for a reasonable price for the moments you don't want to eat "out".

A good choice if you need a good place to sleep. If you plan to stay 7x24 in your room, you may want to book something else,

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
VentasTHE, Director de Relaciones Públicas at The Executive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Guest: We welcome your comments and rating. We are currently in the progress of remodeling, we hope that in the near future you can visit us again and enjoy our completely renovated rooms and bathrooms, we're glad you enjoyed a nice stay at the Executive Hotel ****. Thanks for recommending!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Hi all-- 1st let me say that I have been lucky enough to have travled to many places all over the world, including Cent Am. Here's the truth--just got back from this city-last night. I had reservations- the positives: a) excellent loc., b) great price. BUT....this is maybe a 3 start hotel. I checked out 3 rooms and of them were VERY musty, VERY small and in desperate need of just a good cleaning. My gosh, guys....how hard would it be to replace the carpeting and scrub that place down? I traveled 3,000 miles to be here and it wasn't a welcomed site. The manager was a super nice guy. ALSO--FYI- for all you traveling with kids, something no one mentioned on here...it's almost directly across the street from a "chicas de la noche' place.

Room Tip: Better places near by
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
VentasTHE, Director de Relaciones Públicas at The Executive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Customer, First of all we want to thank you for choose our hotel for your stay in Panama. We welcome your comments, in turn inform you that we are currently under renovation and will soon have available the first floors with fully renovated rooms, we hope to see you soon at an upcoming occasion. Best regards. .

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The staff is very friendly, which is not always the case in Panama. The rooms are clean and uninspiring. The location is great and very close to all the banks and many of the good restaurants. The café in the hotel is quite good and average, if you get my meaning. Most of the walls and hallways are white to the point of boring. I may sound a little negative, but I would stay here again, there's nothing negative but there's nothing exceptional either. It's a clean and safe room in a good location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tom88039
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have traveled to Panama City several times over the years and love this place. Great location reasonable price. It looks like it has not been updated since the 80s but that is ok. When traveling to Panama you are there to see the sights not sit at the hotel. Easy to get to and plenty of places to get to in walking distance. I will be booking here again when I go back in Nov. I could pay alot more for a hotel but I choose not to.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
VentasTHE, Public Relations Manager at The Executive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Customer. Thank you for choosing The Executive Hotel and for sharing your opinion about our location, relation quality-price, and customer service. We hope your visit again in November. For us, it´s a pleasure to serve . Until then, best regards.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stay only if you are looking to save money...otherwise you will be better off somewhere else. The truth is it is a practical hotel, more or less clean, wireless internet works and there is a bed...but if you are used to staying at three or more stars hotels this is not it.

Staff is OK, night time fella could very well be working at the reception of a jail or police station...building was probably built in the fifties and I bet it still has the original carpet and furniture.

They told me they have "the best breakfast"...but it consisted of some fruit and ham/watery scrambled eggs...same you would expect from a side of the road chain hotel in the US...

Room Tip: If you need to stay in the area try the nearby Hilton Double Tree or Marriot ( a block away each)
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I rented the room for 1 night, Then to grocery store & get the cash to came back to pay for the next night.. The night Manager argued with us about the Lady at the front desk was new & didn't charge us the correct rate. The rate will go up over $30.00 because I didn't pay for the 2 nights at check in. Same day with groceries, To leave at 10 AM I was not giving them anymore of my money when they lied & Argued to my face. It was a Nice room.. Clean.. No Bathroom Exhaust fan in room 106..

Room Tip: Room 106 does not have bathroom exhaust.. Top floor gives you a better look over the Go Karts, Arcad...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I wished I could give this hotel a better review, but the shortcomings are just too many. On the positive side, it is well located, clean, good sized flat screen TV and definitely good enough for the spartan mindset. It is not a bad value choice compared to the neighboring alternatives. But the placed is badly needing updating. Furniture is really old and basic. The whole place better reminds a hospital than a hotel. The door had some visible gaps that allowed hallway noise to seep in. I could hear the next door guests talking and laughing. They were not being loud; the walls were just that thin. There is a shy attempt at an in-room coffee maker that raises serious doubts about its reliability and integrity. There is no decoration or a dab of color in the room. Just a stern, sterile and underfurnished room. I am as value conscious as they come, but I just can't recommend this hotel when I would not stay here myself again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo