“Nice well maintained centrally located older hotel”

The Executive Hotel
Ranked #59 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed at the Executive Hotel for six days while visiting Panama City on vacation. The room was small but clean and everything worked although the air conditioning unit was a little on the noisy side. The hotel is located in the banking district of the city and is with walking distance of several nice restaurants. The hotel has a good restaurant on the property that has a very good buffet breakfast each morning. The service is prompt and very efficient and friendly. It has WiFi, big screen TVs, and exercise area and pool. It's located in a safe part of the city. One tip is to never get a taxi at the front of the hotel because it seems that the taxi drivers charge more than if you hail a taxi at the corner. Most employees speak some English but they appreciate it if greeted in Spanish. Un monmento por favor, etc.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 9, 2013

On Sunday we enjoy brunch at different restaurants and or hotel restaurants.
A recent brunch at the Executive hotel was one of the best! In a pleasant atmosphere,
it appeared there were many Panamanian families dining. We did not have the
breakfast buffet but rather ordered from the menu. I had the Heuvos a la Ranchero.
WOW - the best eggs I have had - 2 sunny-side up eggs smothered in salsa which
had a nice heat level (not too hot or too tame) It looked like there was a layer of
refritos under the eggs, and the breakfast came with 2 hash brown potato patties
and 2 pieces of toast. A freind had the French Toast - look out, these are 4 thick
pieces and looked delicious. He took 2 home for dessert - imagine with Nutella and
ice cream. Looking forward to returning for another wonderful brunch with the
Executive hotel and their wonderful ,attentive staff!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank keywestbeachgirl
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed 21-25 November 2012. The room is basic, but sufficient. The bed is OK. Big screen TV. Computer nook. Tiny bathroom. Fridge, coffee maker. Hair dryer (I'm bald, hehe). Balcony with great city views. I must have a balcony, so I only pick hotels with balconies. There is a fantastic restaurant in the hotel, reasonable prices. There is a free breakfast buffet, and it is actually pretty decent. There is no pool, as it's being renovated or whatnot. There is a lot of construction going on nearby, but it's not really troublesome. Panama City has a lot of construction going on everywhere, including a new subway system, so traffic nightmares everywhere. This hotel is really centrally located, close to a lot of restaurants, entertainment, shopping, grocery store, etc. Wi-fi worked nicely. They even give you a free cell phone rental, just pay for the calls, and it's not a rip-off. Staff are really pleasant and helpful, nice. I'd recommend this hotel if you are wanting to be centrally located, want a balcony, and not pay through the nose.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up, and with a view, away from noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed at the Executive Hotel for 6 nights. The first night we were in a very crowded room (3 beds) on the 9th floor. We changed to a nice, bigger room with only 1 bed. It was clean and comfortable and had a great view of the city looking toward the water. Most of the staff was friendly, helpful and spoke English well. The restaurant had great food at reasonable prices (we ate breakfast there daily and two lunches). Only complaints-- the hallways had a very musty smell and they forgot our wake-up call on our last day.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a better view and less street noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is a nice hotel to stay in Panama City. There are some fun disco just 7 min by walking. The location is just between España Street and Calle 50. It´s a beautiful district that you can feel safe. The facilities of the hotel is regular and the service is not that good, but I think in general are all like that. The sound of the cars in a peek time is just horrible but i is not a big problem.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Returned to The Executive Hotel after many years of staying at other high priced hotels and will make The Executive my hotel to stay at while in Panama from now on, the room was clean and quiet, the A/C worked very well and kept my room nice and cool, the service from the staff was very helpful, great views from the balconie and a good free breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the upper floors for the great views off the balconies.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MikeBlairs_VA
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel from May 1 - 5th for business. The room was fine small but clean and all I needed as I was in Panama on business. The staff was very helpful and the location was great for walking to the office. There are three things I want travelers to know, on Friday and Saturday morning I had no water in the room. I did not care about Saturday as I was traveling and did not have to go into the office but Friday I did care. The water was finally available around 7:15 am. The menu is the menu - there are no specials or the same three at the beginning of the week but more importantly I received an email quoting me a price with my confirmation of reservation and when I checked out the charge was greater than the price quoted. The person at the front desk merely said the email was not correct - no apologies, etc. If I had the time I would have stayed and defended the price I was quoted.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business