“Brunch at the Executive Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Executive Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Executive Hotel
Ranked #65 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
“Brunch at the Executive Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

On Sunday we enjoy brunch at different restaurants and or hotel restaurants.
A recent brunch at the Executive hotel was one of the best! In a pleasant atmosphere,
it appeared there were many Panamanian families dining. We did not have the
breakfast buffet but rather ordered from the menu. I had the Heuvos a la Ranchero.
WOW - the best eggs I have had - 2 sunny-side up eggs smothered in salsa which
had a nice heat level (not too hot or too tame) It looked like there was a layer of
refritos under the eggs, and the breakfast came with 2 hash brown potato patties
and 2 pieces of toast. A freind had the French Toast - look out, these are 4 thick
pieces and looked delicious. He took 2 home for dessert - imagine with Nutella and
ice cream. Looking forward to returning for another wonderful brunch with the
Executive hotel and their wonderful ,attentive staff!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank keywestbeachgirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed 21-25 November 2012. The room is basic, but sufficient. The bed is OK. Big screen TV. Computer nook. Tiny bathroom. Fridge, coffee maker. Hair dryer (I'm bald, hehe). Balcony with great city views. I must have a balcony, so I only pick hotels with balconies. There is a fantastic restaurant in the hotel, reasonable prices. There is a free breakfast buffet, and it is actually pretty decent. There is no pool, as it's being renovated or whatnot. There is a lot of construction going on nearby, but it's not really troublesome. Panama City has a lot of construction going on everywhere, including a new subway system, so traffic nightmares everywhere. This hotel is really centrally located, close to a lot of restaurants, entertainment, shopping, grocery store, etc. Wi-fi worked nicely. They even give you a free cell phone rental, just pay for the calls, and it's not a rip-off. Staff are really pleasant and helpful, nice. I'd recommend this hotel if you are wanting to be centrally located, want a balcony, and not pay through the nose.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up, and with a view, away from noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New Albany, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed at the Executive Hotel for 6 nights. The first night we were in a very crowded room (3 beds) on the 9th floor. We changed to a nice, bigger room with only 1 bed. It was clean and comfortable and had a great view of the city looking toward the water. Most of the staff was friendly, helpful and spoke English well. The restaurant had great food at reasonable prices (we ate breakfast there daily and two lunches). Only complaints-- the hallways had a very musty smell and they forgot our wake-up call on our last day.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a better view and less street noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Madrid, España
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is a nice hotel to stay in Panama City. There are some fun disco just 7 min by walking. The location is just between España Street and Calle 50. It´s a beautiful district that you can feel safe. The facilities of the hotel is regular and the service is not that good, but I think in general are all like that. The sound of the cars in a peek time is just horrible but i is not a big problem.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Blairs, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Returned to The Executive Hotel after many years of staying at other high priced hotels and will make The Executive my hotel to stay at while in Panama from now on, the room was clean and quiet, the A/C worked very well and kept my room nice and cool, the service from the staff was very helpful, great views from the balconie and a good free breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the upper floors for the great views off the balconies.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MikeBlairs_VA
Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel from May 1 - 5th for business. The room was fine small but clean and all I needed as I was in Panama on business. The staff was very helpful and the location was great for walking to the office. There are three things I want travelers to know, on Friday and Saturday morning I had no water in the room. I did not care about Saturday as I was traveling and did not have to go into the office but Friday I did care. The water was finally available around 7:15 am. The menu is the menu - there are no specials or the same three at the beginning of the week but more importantly I received an email quoting me a price with my confirmation of reservation and when I checked out the charge was greater than the price quoted. The person at the front desk merely said the email was not correct - no apologies, etc. If I had the time I would have stayed and defended the price I was quoted.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank M I
Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

I was recently in Panama for 9 days and had the opportunity to stay at 3 different hotels due to my coming and going. All were within the same general area and chosen due to the internet price at the time of stay. Of the three, and based on the weekend rate I received, this was definitely my favorite.
First of all, it is dated and if you are looking for the modern, don't stay here, I think you will be disappointed. That said, I found the rooms very clean and well maintained with an excellent bed and a newer flat screen if tv is of interest. The staff seemed genuinely friendly across the board, by far and away the best of the three. What was equally impressive was breakfast. Although included in the price, they treated you as a special guest and everytime I got up my coffee was refilled there were greetings to and from and for a buffet. After a bland buffet with crap service at what would be considered one of the more upscale hotels, this was a pleasant surprise and I thought the staff did an outstanding job.
I love my balconies for my post touring imbibments and the nice little private ones offered a great view of the cathedral and surrounding nieghbourhood. As for a room higher up for both for the quiet and the best views.
I don't know if I would have been quite as pleased paying the rack rate which was double but for the money, this will be my first choice when I visit Panama again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up for both the view and the quiet
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo