All reviewssmall balconythe wi fibuffet breakfast isper dayvisiting panama citytwo blocksnight lifespent nightsking bedwould stay here againthe hotel staffthe financial districtlocation is greattaxisbankscanal
Reviewed February 27, 2008

I was in Panama City during the peak time of the year where most hotels were booked due to the rain-free weather and Carnaval. Executive Hotel was worth the special rate I got on Expedia, and it was a great package. The breakfast was filling and delicious, there was free internet, the staff was very helpful and the room was just the right size. I also asked for the highest floor they had available and they obliged at check-in. Even during my travels to other cities in Panama, I left my extra baggage at the hotel for free with no problem. Best of all, the hotel is in El Cangrejo, which is the best part of the city; within walking distance to casinos and great restaurants. Getting to Casco Viejo or the Canal was no problem as taxis were readily available at the hotel. This place was especially great for business travelers - and that is what the hotel targets, specifically. But my friend and I felt completely comfortable and satisfied with our choice, and didn't have to pay an arm and leg for mediocre hotels in Panama City during Carnaval.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 6, 2008

I stayed here two nights, June 16th & 17th, 2006. I give this hotel 3-Stars. It is from the late 1970's to early 1980's design, but well maintained. The room was just big enough, with a great balcony.
Had a good room safe, which is a big plus when traveling. The buffet breakfast was fine and filling. My room was # 902. I liked the open air hallways. The A.C., water, lights and elevators all worked perfectly. The rate for my room was $ 80 U.S.D. per night, and I thought that was well worth it. I would definately return to stay at the Executive again during my next visit to Panama City.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2007

I had doubts when choosing El Ejecutivo due to a review on this site (the ones that had the bad luck of someone breaking into their room), and i must say that in Center and South America you have to be aware of this most of the time. In my case i had a similar experience, when i was working quietly in the room near 5 pm, and someone just opened the door trying to softly get in. The door chain was through, so they could`nt enter, but by the time i got up from my chair and went to see through the eyehole there was noone nearby. I inmediately called front desk and they sent a security and a technician. Apparently it had been a maid - they were worried they could´nt clean the room (i stayed there almost the whole day, working). Anyway, this happened two or three times again (and what confuses me is the fact that they WONT knock before trying to get in!) anyway, i must say that i had more than $2000 in cash in the security box and a $2500 laptop in the room (conveniently wired with a security lock) and ther where no bad surprises in the 5 days i stayed there. Minor flaws: as soon as i entered the room the first day, the telephone line wont work - but i got it fxed in less than ten minutes. The technician even helped me configure my laptop for proper internet connection.

Now for the "UP" side! nice, clean room with good AC and excellent view of the city. Great working desk, the restaurant isn`t expensive and is really good, everyone in the hotel is really, really polite, and the hotel is perfect for business trips and it´s also near some nice casinos (Marriot and Fiesta) and clubs (Le Palace).

They cherge you $5.95 for unlimited local calls and internet, thats very good too. Got a 24-Hr Gym and Business center, pool... What can i say? at $90 per night on a single room, it´s one of the best business hotels i have been to.

Be warned, though, that panamenian daylife starts early - at 6 am you can already hear traffic - and i was on the 12th floor! this isn´t exactly bad, especially if you are there for work.

Overall: Excellent. Can´t wait to return there.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank JoseUcero
Reviewed September 12, 2007

The rooms were relatively nice and the staff pleasant. However, the rooms were extremely damp (stayed in two different rooms) due to the condensation dripping constantly from the A/C onto the built-in desk. My main complaint is that our belonging were gone through and things stolen. We finally determined that the electronic lock on our door was defective and only locking about 1 of 3 times you shut the door. The hotel pulled the key card record to see who had entered the room. However, anyone entering without a key card due to the defective lock would not be recorded. Records showed that a maid entered the room minutes after we departed. When I asked the manager why a maid needed to be in our room when it had already been cleaned, she said that they go in twice a day. She said that they tell everyone to put all vauables in the room safe. Nobody told us that and there were no instructions in the room to do so. Also, i have been advised by other travelers that room safes are often not secure. Although management was courteous, they refused to give any compensation.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bocaspana
Reviewed March 15, 2007

The hotel itself was in a pretty good location- walking distance to restaurants/ shopping. The rooms were pretty basic, but really run-down looking. Definitely found other hotels in the area for the same price, or cheaper, to be a better value.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple