“No water/rates different from confirmation email” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Executive Hotel
Ranked #64 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
Wilmington, Delaware
“No water/rates different from confirmation email”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel from May 1 - 5th for business. The room was fine small but clean and all I needed as I was in Panama on business. The staff was very helpful and the location was great for walking to the office. There are three things I want travelers to know, on Friday and Saturday morning I had no water in the room. I did not care about Saturday as I was traveling and did not have to go into the office but Friday I did care. The water was finally available around 7:15 am. The menu is the menu - there are no specials or the same three at the beginning of the week but more importantly I received an email quoting me a price with my confirmation of reservation and when I checked out the charge was greater than the price quoted. The person at the front desk merely said the email was not correct - no apologies, etc. If I had the time I would have stayed and defended the price I was quoted.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank M I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

I was recently in Panama for 9 days and had the opportunity to stay at 3 different hotels due to my coming and going. All were within the same general area and chosen due to the internet price at the time of stay. Of the three, and based on the weekend rate I received, this was definitely my favorite.
First of all, it is dated and if you are looking for the modern, don't stay here, I think you will be disappointed. That said, I found the rooms very clean and well maintained with an excellent bed and a newer flat screen if tv is of interest. The staff seemed genuinely friendly across the board, by far and away the best of the three. What was equally impressive was breakfast. Although included in the price, they treated you as a special guest and everytime I got up my coffee was refilled there were greetings to and from and for a buffet. After a bland buffet with crap service at what would be considered one of the more upscale hotels, this was a pleasant surprise and I thought the staff did an outstanding job.
I love my balconies for my post touring imbibments and the nice little private ones offered a great view of the cathedral and surrounding nieghbourhood. As for a room higher up for both for the quiet and the best views.
I don't know if I would have been quite as pleased paying the rack rate which was double but for the money, this will be my first choice when I visit Panama again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up for both the view and the quiet
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank traveldad11
Ransom Canyon Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

The room and bathroom is very small, but clean. The staff is very nice and helpful and the location can't be beat. The free breakfast buffet is good.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Annie48-12
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

We loved everything about this hotel. Great value for your money.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cavendish1
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

After staying at a different hotel in Panama we moved to the Executive Hotel. When we book our rooms we were impressed by the way the lobby looked, and the room shown was pretty good too. We stayed there 2 separate nights and tho the rooms were ok (nothing special, maybe the only thing worth mentioning is the huge TV), and the second night our room was really damp, which didn't allow us to sleep very well. Still if you look for a reasonale hotel in a safe area you might wanna try the Executive.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room without a moist extractor!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

I stayed recently but booked the room 3 months ago. The night we arrived, the employee told me that they did not have my reservation and that I was only able to stay one night. Fortunately, they worked this out for me.

I thought this hotel was ok. The room and bathroom were very small, the wi-fi did not work.

The best part was the area of town, which was close to many restuarants, bars and activities. Other than the location, you can do a lot better for the money you would spend here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

As a frequent business traveler in Latin America, I have my short lists of minimum requirements. They are, price, security, high speed internet in the room, location, and a good bed. The Executive (Hotel Ejecutivo) Hotel in the Bella Vista neighborhood of Panama City meets, and in my book exceeds those requirements. There are many luxury hotels to choose from, but at a price of less than $100.00 per night, with a full breakfast buffet included, this hotel is hard to beat. Within walking distance, you have easily 50+ choices of where to eat if you want to eat out, shopping for anything you want, and in a safe area. The hotel is centrally located in one of the prettiest, older neighborhoods of the city, and accessible to anyone making business trips in the city. A complete gym, 50+" flat screen TV, make it even better. Drawbacks are few. It is an older hotel. Bathrooms are small and this hotel is best for one or two people at the most per room. Beyond that, it is a good choice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business