“Scary Bridge!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$146.15*
and up
Colon Shore Excursion: Panama City and Canal...
Ranked #27 of 183 things to do in Panama City
More attraction details
Owner description: Spanning the Pacific entrance to the Panama Canal, this 5,007-foot-long arch bridge connects both North and South America and serves as an important part of the InterAmerican Highway.
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I don't know how it stays together - I've been here a year and every time I cross it it makes me scared :-) Nobody else shares my fear though and it can't be that bad as I rarely use the other bridge.

1  Thank Matt R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,556)
All reviews
"the pan american highway"
in 21 reviews
in 14 reviews
"cars"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed April 15, 2014

. . . except there were workers high atop when we passed under on our partial canal transit that made it interesting. Don't know what they were doing, but looked pretty scary to be atop such a structure. So the details of the bridge and why it was constructed can be found on Wikipedia, but it is another piece of American-Panamian history which will make history buffs happy.

1  Thank Bobbi T
Reviewed April 14, 2014

For a long time this was the only bridge (Puente de las Americas) that linked South and North America. I had the opportunity to drive over and back a few time and cringed every time. It is narrow with two lanes each way and a constant traffic flow. The roads on either side are not in great condition so it can be a white knuckle experience. At the time I was there, it appeared that the bridge was under repair and was being painted, which I am sure contributed to my experience. One positive thing is that if you are leaving Panama City heading West to experience the country, it is the way to go.

1  Thank Wayne B
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed in a hotel very near the bridge. We could see ships passing under the bridge from our room and from the pool area. We had no idea the bridge was soon big or long.

1  Thank MJH048