We stopped at the Las Hadas Cafeteria for a quick bite. Quick it was not. We took an empty table which had to be cleaned. We asked at least three waiters if it could be cleaned. They all but ignored us. The place was almost full but there were plenty of waiters roaming around. We asked for a menu. A menu was brought to us with a warning: "I am not in charge of this table". Finally another waiter came to clean the table but warned us: "This is not my table". Nobody seemed to be in charge. Nobody came to take our order. The waiters were chatting or cleaning other (empty) tables instead of ours which had customers. They were all totally indifferent and did not seem to care about the customers. We asked for help from at least three waiters. There was no manager on sight. I opted to head to the front desk and asked for a manager. I was put in touch with the hotel's food service manager. He told me there was a manager at the cafeteria. I said she was nowhere to be found. He asked me to wait by the front desk. He did not show up so I went back to the cafeteria. We were finally served. After a few minutes, a lady claiming to be the cafeteria's manager showed up and excused the situation claiming the restaurant was full. What a lousy excuse (in light of the abundance of waiters) !!! Later, the food service manager showed up. Both acknowledged that what happened to us was not right. The food service manager excused the cafeteria manager saying the cashier had not showed up and that she was staffing the cashier. I do not recall seeing her at all. Neither of them offered a sincere apology or otherwise seemed to be genuinely uncomfortable with what happened to us. They were less indifferent than the waiters though. Any apologetical language we got was tepid at most. The waiters started moving a bit quicker with the rest of the tables when they saw that management had been alerted to their indifference. We did eat and the food was very good. But good food is not everything. Good service is also important and this place had the most pathetic service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Panama Hotel & Convention Center is a deluxe five-star hotel perfectly situated in the heart of Panama City’s business and financial district. Enjoy superb amenities and the proximity of Tocumen International Airport and the Atlapa Convention Center, which is located just across the street from the hotel. This luxury hotel in Panama City is surrounded by premier leisure attractions such as the famous Multiplaza Shopping Mall and the shops and restaurants of Old Panama. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Grand Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Panama City Hotel Panama City
- Panama City Sheraton
- Sheraton Grand Panama Panama City