“I would stay here again.”

Sheraton Grand Panama
Ranked #47 of 114 Hotels in Panama City
Jacksonville, Florida
“I would stay here again.”
Reviewed June 9, 2011

The staff was friendly and the hotel was very clean. I'm use to really nice hotels and this was up to my standards. From the outside the hotel looked old and I was a little concerned. However, from the time we stepped out of our taxi into the lobby you could tell the hotel was very well kept. There is a casino and a few restaurants in the hotel that stay open all night. It's about a 20 minute drive to the airport and it's close to shopping and the heart of the city. The beds were great!! There was even a gift shop for cheap souvenirs on the premises. My only complaint is that I had to pay for internet ($13 a night),

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Giselle S, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sheraton Grand Panama, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
October 17, 2011

Dear Tiffany 1103: Thank you for taking your time to share with us , your experience during your last visit. We are continually strive to provide excellent services and your suggestions will be very important for us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Fernando Cardoso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Nice hotel, good location. Some construction is going on and dust is everywhere on lobby & elevators area. In fact, reception moves up when checking out –April 29. Some weird smell on the carpet… maybe they are the cleaning or painting products.

My room on floor 8th was quite, clean and large. Buffet breakfast was great! I love French toast ;) The restaurant is a good choice for lunch unless some activity is going on at the same time; it gets crowded and except you takes the buffet, it takes too much time waiting for the regular Menu´s options. Coffee place downstairs –Las Hadas- is good too for snacks and close later than restaurant…

Staff is ok. I need to print my boarding pass and the printers don’t work on lobby. Concierge takes me at the Business Center where the lady helps me.
I don’t spend too much time at the hotel, but would recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
October 17, 2011

Dear SEOCharlie: Thank you for your nice comments and for acknowledging our staff. Your feed back is greatly appreciated by our team. We hope to see you again in ther near future.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 13, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 3 years and was reasonably satisfied until this stay. An extensive renovation/expansion project is underway that makes the place unihabitable for folks like me with allergies. Construction dust covers everything! If in the U.S., OSHA would shut the place down! There are guys drilling, sawing, grinding, painting everywhere with little or no screening/protection for guests. The staff tries, in vain, to keep the place liveable. I tried to use the lobby computer area and came away covered with sheetrock dust all over my computer, shoes, briefcase, clothes, etc. Just for fun I stopped around the hotel and wrote my name in the dirt and dust covering most flat surfaces. Unfortunately the Riu Plaza and Decopolis had no rooms so I have itched and scratched and sneezed and endured headaches for 6 days. Thank goodness I get to leave tomorrow! I hope all the work helps futuer guests as I will not be back as long as any other decent hotel in town has a room.

Just to show I'm not a complete sourpuss, the food is really quite good (once they wipe the construction dust off your table and chair) and I won over $500 in the adjoining casino over a 3-night period. The pool is nice also as long as the steady stream of guys with debris-laden wheelbarrows dont run over you going back and forth!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank 1128711
October 17, 2011

Dear 1128711 traveler: Thank you for taking time to share with us all your experiences during your last visit. Your feed back is very important for us and we will take care of all your recomendations. Please forgive all the inconvenience , we strive to provide excellece service with great facilities to our guest. We hope to see you again , in order to have the opportunity to make your stay an extraordinary experience.

PA
Reviewed April 8, 2011

I thought that this hotel was great! Customer service was excellent, they have a nice executive lounge for breakfast and snacks, they have a 24 hour coffee lounge which is excellent for late/early risers, with sandwiches, pastries, and coffees. There is a casino on site, and it has nice views of the ocean. The rooms were very clean and updated, and the front office staff were very helpful and courteous. Great for business, great amenities!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
October 17, 2011

Dear Flygirlpa: Thank you very much for all your great comments about out hotel and staff. We are happy to hear your stay with us was oustanding . Your comments are very much appreciated . We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to our country.

Taoyuan, Taiwan
Reviewed April 5, 2011

It charges as a five star hotel but the room was small and things looked old...
We stayed there, as many others, to participate in a trade fair, which is held in the Convention Center across the street. The hotel was pretty full but still they got the “big” idea to start remodeling the lobby causing incovenience to all of us, besides of the noise. For sure, i'm not going back.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Giselle S, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sheraton Grand Panama, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
October 18, 2011

Dear Ahsiesh77: thank you for taking your time to explain your experience during your stay in our hotel. Your feedback is very important for us. Please excuse for all the inconvenience during your visit. We look forward to have the opportunity to welcoming you during your next visit.

Baltimore, MD
Reviewed March 31, 2011

We stayed in a club level room for 1 night before a cruise in March. Room was great, breakfast, snacks and free internet in club lounge were nice. Free bottled water in the club level rooms was convenient. Staff was enormously helpful, although I had expected more fluent English at front desk. The pool is lovely for an afternoon, and the pool bar has reasonably priced drinks and snacks. The hotel is not located near any hot-spots, so you would need to cab to upscale restaurants or bars. I am sure the concierge would arrange this for you, she was very willing to make local calls in Spanish and provide other information.

Check the occupancy on your rate--it was more for 2 people than we expected!

My Friend Mario provided reasonably priced private transfers from the airport, and they were extremely reliable.

Room Tip: Our club level room had a view of the Pacific.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
October 18, 2011

Dear member200: Thank you very much for your kind note regarding our staff. We always strive to provide excellent services and hospitality for our guests. Your opinion and feedback are greatly appreciated to our team. We look forward to seeing you again and your
friends in the near future.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 28, 2011

This used to be a Caesar Park Hotel. I did not like it much back then. I feel Sheraton did a good job updating this property. The rooms look nice and clean and the tiny bathrooms seem more spacious as they have installed nice glass doors, mirrors, granite and all modernupscale fixtures. Check in was fast considering how busy this place was and the front desk attentive. Internet is charged extra and not the fastest out there. The place is not the most affordable, but I don't think any comparable properties in this city will be much cheaper. I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
October 18, 2011

Dear Crewtips: Thank you so much to take the time to share with us your experience in our hotel. We are happy to hear that your stay was remarkable one. We greatly appreciated your feedback about our services and facilities. We hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again.