“Excellent Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Rented a 1 bedroom apartment in the hotel, room was excellent, location was great, much better value for money than the Le Meridien or Ritz Carlton.
Restaurant was great. close to bars and Restaurants on Calle Uruguay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sevvy666
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Thank you for enjoying all our services, the comfort and amenities of our room as well as our service in general. Your compliment are really a positive stroke for us and push us to keep a high standard personalized service toward our guests.

Pierre Berthier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Korean first
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Have stayed in the Trump Ocean Club before and needed a hotel closer to the financial district.
Was worrying about the complaints I have read here.
Some are true, small gym, pool, pretty cold breakfast room.
I also had to recognize some defects (toilet, sink) in my room, which was in the new tower.
Here and there some need for decorative repairs (elevators).

Nevertheless I can recommend this hotel for anybody looking for a decent stay in the city, besides wellness and sports freaks.

The Internet is fast everywhere in the hotel.
All shortcomings concerning my room were handled immendiately in a friendly manner.
Staff was extremely friendly and helpful to make my stay comfortable.
The hotel is very clean!
The design is unpretentious, elegant and stylish at the same time.
The bathrooms are tastefully styled (all marble), spacy and comfortable with large bath tubs and shower rooms.
The beds are just great, large and comfortable.
It's a small and quiet hotel, not a place for Hurray Harries.
It's the place in town to relax.
If it would not have been the small gym and pool I would have rated it excellent.

Room Tip: The accommodation in the tower have nicer and larger Bathrooms, but seem to be a little bit less spa...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Thank you for your comments regarding our gym and pool, but as you could see, we are a high rise building with limited space.

nikitta28
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Spent 2 nights at the Bristol in June of 2014. We speak practically no Spanish and were happy there were always bi-lingual front desk assistants. Our room was exceptionally clean and large. Breakfast in the restaurant was easy and better than expected. There was contstruction going on across the street but I never heard a pin drop in my room. Would stay here again. Easy ride from the airport.
Wifi available for $10

Room Tip: High up better view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, July 9, 2014

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We recently stayed at the Bristol on our Panam trips on the beginning and again at the end of the trip. The Bristol is located in the heart of Panama City within close distance to shops and some great restaurants. The hotel is very modernm with fantastic staff working the concierge desks. The first room we stayed in was their standard room which was very nice, quiet, good working AC, high thread count linens, etc, but we were in the older tower and never quite got true hot water, only mildly warm. On the second leg of our stay we were upgraded to a suite in the newer tower which was amazing. We also had awesome water pressure and true hot water as well. (So request a room in the newer tower? ). Our stays came with a complimentary breakfast buffert which was wonderful. They had almost everything you could want including a manned omlette station. We also had dinner at the main restuaraunt on site (Salsipudes) and the food was excellent. Beautiful presentation and flavor, although smaller servings. We ate in the lounge on the 5th floor as well, which I actually preferred since it's a bit more casual with a better view, and had an extensive cocktail list. We tried out the spa on our stay and did the couples massagew which was relaxing, but if you are expecting an American-style "Swedish" massage you may be dissapointed. In all, I was very impressed with this hotel and would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room in the newer tower and hit up the bar in Salsipuedes for happy hour free wine tasting...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Martiniminx
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Thank you for enjoying all our services, the comfort and amenities of our room as well as our service in general. It is always a pleasure for me to see some returning satisfied guests.

Thank you for letting me know for water pressure on the South Tower, I will check it with our maintenance staff.

Panama City, Panama
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stayed for a night for my brother's wedding. Very Cozy rooms and really good food. Excellent attention. Unfortunately, my fiancee forgot her wedding ring because I moved it from where she left it. Afterwards, we did the checkout. Three hours later, she realized she did not picked up her ring when we left. We came back and it was not where I put it. When I called asking for the ring they said they only had my collar, which I also forgot. It is very strange they did not called me as soon as they found the collar and I had to ask for it. Anyways, they did all the effort to locate the ring but it was not possible. My advice is to be careful with your personal belongings, specially the most valuable. It does not matter if it is the best hotel, bad things may happen, even losing your fiancee/wife's ring.
Another tip is to leave the valuables in the safety box. By doing this, you can claim the insurance for theft or any other sinister that may happen. Unfortunately I did not do this, so I cannot claim anything.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for writing a review about us in TripAdvisor.

As I mentioned it to you during last conversation, an hotel cannot be held responsible for value items which are not kept in the free safe deposit box available in the room. By searching the room we found another jewelry (a gold necklace) which was left in the bed sheets, this would be a proof that our staff is honest.

As promised by phone, we opened the lavabo plumbing but unfortunately nothing was found. I tried to call you twice on your cellphone yesterday but I did not get any answer from you.

Best regards

New York
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed her more than 6 times over past 18 months. Stay in new tower. Small pool. Gym is quite good. Breakfast is good - recommend going out to great restaurants in panama city for dinner. 858 lounge is cool to have dinner at the bar.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

As you already have been to our 2 restaurants, I suggest you to try our Spa at the 25th floor during your next stay with us.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This was out third stay at this hotel in the past 3 years and the service and staff have only gotten better.
We recommend the new tower for a room location as these are modern with all the bells and whistles as well as a nice view of the city and historic areas.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

We hope to welcome you during your 4th visit to Panama!