The Bristol Panama Hotel
$206
  • Pool
Panama Marriott Hotel(Panama City)
$142
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
$109
Marriott Hotels
$144
Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$54
Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis(Panama City)
$166
$218
$170
  • Beachfront
Riande Aeropuerto(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$97
$91
  • Breakfast included
$232
$169
  • Pool
All reviewsnew towerleading hotels of the worldthe financial districtsoaking tubfloor loungeelegant hotelturn down servicewalk in showerfifth floorhuge bathroombusiness tripspent nightsstayed one nightfront desk staffsmall poolbreakfast buffetold city
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Bristol for two nights over Thanksgiving. We could not have been happier with this hotel. We arranged for transportation from the airport to the property, and as soon as we cleared customs, we found someone waiting for us with a sign to take us to the hotel.

Check-in was easy, and we were thrilled that upon seeing our room, they had already set up a crib (which was large and modern, not the typical hotel crib with thin metal bars) for our infant daughter, which we requested when making the reservation. The room and the bathroom were both HUGE and beautifully decorated. Everything looked brand-new. They also provided slippers and robes, which was a nice touch.

The gym had new equipment and a television attached to each piece of cardio equipment. It was fairly small, but I doubt it gets very crowded. The pool was pretty and also quite small - it's located on a rooftop area with a little patio. Again, I doubt this gets crowded either. When we were there, the pool was empty, and there was only one other person in the gym.

We had breakfast included in our rate, and both mornings we ate at the restaurant on the mail level, which had a breakfast buffet. Both my husband and I enjoyed the food - there was an omelette station and plenty of other hot dishes (eggs, bacon, etc.), pastries, fruit, etc. to eat.

One other thing worth noting is that although this hotel doesn't have a view of the water, it is a fairly short and easy walk to get there. We were able to do it with a baby stroller in about 10 minutes. We also walked to dinner one night to a local restaurant, and walked to the grocery store one day as well. It is definitely centrally-located.

Overall, we had a wonderful experience and would definitely return to the Bristol if we find ourselves back in Panama City!

Room Tip: I never saw the rooms in the "old tower," but from what I heard, people are supposed to request to stay in the "new tower," which is what we did.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Your compliment are really a positive stroke for us and push us to keep a high standard personalized service toward our guests.

I know that our view is a bit reduced, but you can see the sea from our last floor where our Spa is located. Anyway as you mentionned, we are nearby.

Next time, I kindly suggest you to have a Spa treatment on our last floor, from the relaxing room, you will be able to see the all bay.

We hope to welcome you again during your next visit to Panama and wish you a Happy New Year!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The Hotel is beautiful and the rooms are fantastic. The sleep quality is top notch. The location is OK, but not very close to anything great. The breakfast was very good and I would recommend this hotel very much.

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

I honestly don't think I'm a big complainer (reflected in my posts I hope). This hotel is very nice. Rooms have good decor. Lobby is swanky. Personnel are friendly and professional. But...had problems with toilets in both rooms, had to call 4 times to get a cot, charged my 4 times for 1 unit of internet access and air-conditioning vent in ceiling dripped water (drip... drip... drip...) audibly all night enough to wake me. Mentioned all this at checkout and got a rushed "so sorry" (did remove internet fees). Food was good. Price was reasonable.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Thank you for bringing up this details to my attention and will make sure that we correct them.
You probably were in the just renovated tower, I will doble check these toilets issue probably from the wáter pressure.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed the food from our well known Panamean Chef Cuquita.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed a monday night and a saturday night last week at this hotel. The room was clean and large enough for the 4 of us. We ate dinner in the restaurant and also had room service. The Tuna Tar Tar and Crocodile was especially good. The section of Panama city for the hotel is the financial district with the other large hotels in the area. Lots of construction going on across the street and in this area. Panama is doing alot in the city to clean up and renovate. Would recommend this hotel to friends and would stay here again. We needed help with transportation and the concierge was very helpfull and made it happen.

Room Tip: We were above the bar and room where they were having a wedding and never did hear anything.

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed the food from our well known Chef Cuquita.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

It was my first time in Panama. We were here to do some sightseeing and our travel agent chose
the Bristol and I am so glad she did!! It is a lovely and very elegant hotel right in the heart of the city. The hotel staff provided excellent service and there is a wonderful restaurant in the hotel. Also, a delicious buffet breakfast was included with our room. All in all, a wonderful experience. We would definitely come back.