Very pleasant surprise - this "small Leading Hôtel of the World is absolutely charming and very well situated to the centre and restaurants.
Although when I booked, I did not know that this hotel belonged to the selected "elite" so my surprise was total and more than pleasant.
Spacious rooms furnished with rich wood. Big beds a slightly British "Colonial" atmosphere.
Bathroom are all marble - spacious with very large baths. Big Separate shower cabin and all the bath products supplied by Moulton Brown of London & obviously Hair dryer - only thing missing was an enlarging mirror to make-up/shave.
Public areas are very modern; crisp greys and marble. These areas are not large but not impersonal either.
Wifi is free everywhere, even in the rooms.
The one thing that I found negative (however one is finding this more and more in hotels everywhere) is a lack of "concierge" service after 20h whereby it is often after this time one really needs the services of a concierge.
Being as Panama City is under a lot of work, renovations, and building, be sure to ask for a room that is situated on a high floor, as the noise of the work taking place starts very early; the majority of the rooms overlook the rebuilding (which is basically everywhere).
As I was there for a quite a few nights, my room was changed easily and quickly to a much higher floor so I wouldn't be disturbed by the noise.
The staff are all extremely helpful and pleasant.
Buffet breakfast excellent rapport/quality/Price.
Hotel Restaurant is supposed to be one of the best "typical" Panamaian restaurants....didn't seem very typical more like World/Asian Fusian food. As I was pretty "jetlagged" I wasn't very hungry but knew I must eat to get into the time zone; I chose a dish of Spicy sweet & sour Crocodile Tail, which was well worth tasting, as it was very good. Desserts are not very refined anywhere in Panama so the hotel was no different.
Unless you MUST finish your meal on a sweet note, it's easy to say no thank you to desserts in Panama.
Staff very helpful, but don't ask for any concierge services after 18h...they have gone home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Panama City's bustling (Financial District), Bristol Panama is one of the city's premier addresses for executive and holiday stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bristol Panama Hotel Panama City
- Bristol Hotel Panama City
- Bristol Panama City
- The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA Panama City