The Bristol Panama Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Executive Hotel(Panama City)
W Panama(Panama City)
  • Restaurant
Tower House Suites(Panama City)
View Hotel
Panama Marriott Hotel(Panama City)
  • Restaurant
Hotel DeVille(Panama City)
Aparthotel Alfa(Panama City)
View Hotel
All reviewsnew towerleading hotels of the worldthe financial districtsoaking tubfloor loungeelegant hotelturn down servicewalk in showerfifth floorhuge bathroombusiness tripspent nightsstayed one nightfront desk staffsmall poolbreakfast buffetold city
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife, 16 year old daughter and I stay here the last night of our visit to Panama. We flew in that morning from Boca del Toros where we stayed at an Eco-lodge. Fantastic experience, but I think we were all ready for the posh accommodations that the Bristol could afford us. We checked in and made an immediate visit to the spa. We were greeted warmly and they were very helpful to work us in for treatments (massages, facials, manis and pedis) on extremely short notice. They even offer to order food up for us so we could have lunch. My massage was tremendous and I know my wife and daughter enjoyed their experience as well. The spa is on the 25th floor and offers some great views of the city, especially at dusk as the city lights start to turn on. The spa was elegant, clean and very comfortable. Simply a wonderfully relaxing experience with some of the best, service oriented staff ever.

The Bristol is definitely a business hotel located in the financial district of Panama City. You can definitely use it as a launching pad for a tourist visit, but there may be better locations. You are simply a short walk to Balboa Avenue. Not a bad location, just not in the area of much tourism. Cab to Casco Viejo. We did walk to a local Middle Eastern restaurant that evening, visited a cigar store for few purchases and enjoyed a drink in the bar that evening overlooking the city while watching the NCAA basketball tournament.

The room was big, elegantly appointed and posh. The bath room was huge and beautiful with a big tub and separate glassed in shower. We did have a corner room overlooking the city. The beds extremely comfortable and soft linens with awesome pillows. We were very comfortable in the room with the three of us.

We departed early the next morning but enjoyed pampering ourselves before we left Panama. That morning we had a wonderful breakfast buffet (try to get it included in your stay, ours was.) Fresh made omelets and eggs, tons of pastries delicious fresh fruit. The coffee was wonderful as well. My wife, a bit of a coffee snob, loved it. Nice dark roast.

Although we didn't use the pool, we did visit it. Nice workout room (little smaller than I would have expected) and pool sitting area, but small. The pool was located as such it was sheltered by the building. Did have nice views, but wasn't a lounging pool. Simply a lap pool for working out. Nice area to read a book though.

The service provided by the front desk, bell hops, restaurant personnel and spa was second to none. You'll enjoy your stay at the Bristol.

Room Tip: We had a corner room overlooking the city. Was a little noisy as there was an adjoining door to the room next door.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank markwillow
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Thank you for enjoying all our services, the comfort and amenities of our room as well as our restaurant during your last stay with us.

Your compliment are really a positive stroke for us and push us to keep a high standard personalized service toward our guests.

We know that we could get a better ranking within Tripadvisor, reason why I got personaly involved since my arrival as manager few months ago. Our only way to get a better ranking is to improve the number of comments, which we are trying with our guests during their checking out. Thank you for your support!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I would highly recommend this as a place to sleep. But as a downtown highrise hotel, do not expect gardens, and the views are limited at best - this is an ultimate luxury Business hotel, not a destination. A totally inward experience, a haven in the middle of the downtown of a modern city.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Thank you for enjoying all our services, the comfort and amenities of our room during your last stay with us.

Thank you for your support!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel has a very cozy atmosphere and the personal is very warm and professional. The rooms are very comfortable and elegant, very good internet connection every where at the hotel. They have a very good buffet breakfast with a wide choice of fruit, fresh home made bread, coffee and juices.
I only spent 2 night but overall even though I was there for work I had the impression I was in my own home

Room Tip: The hotel is centrally located, close to the boulevard and main highways to all the city. The neighborhood is very quiet and secure.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Caroline M
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Thank you for enjoying all our services, the comfort and amenities of our room as well as the quality of our breakfast served in the SalSiPuedes restaurant .

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed after our return from Equador. This is a little piece of heaven. I don't understand why it only rated number 25. In my opinion it is amoung the top hotels in panama but also Central America. If you have a chance to visit panama this is the place to stay. We have made this our new favorite hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Look no further. Elegant, superior service. I will be staying at this property every time I return to Panama. The restaurant is also excellent. A lovely oasis amid a ton of construction all around the city. A four night stay for business and it was a joy coming back every day!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Thank you for enjoying all our services, the comfort and amenities of our room as well as the quality of our food served in the SalSiPuedes restaurant .