My wife, 16 year old daughter and I stay here the last night of our visit to Panama. We flew in that morning from Boca del Toros where we stayed at an Eco-lodge. Fantastic experience, but I think we were all ready for the posh accommodations that the Bristol could afford us. We checked in and made an immediate visit to the spa. We were greeted warmly and they were very helpful to work us in for treatments (massages, facials, manis and pedis) on extremely short notice. They even offer to order food up for us so we could have lunch. My massage was tremendous and I know my wife and daughter enjoyed their experience as well. The spa is on the 25th floor and offers some great views of the city, especially at dusk as the city lights start to turn on. The spa was elegant, clean and very comfortable. Simply a wonderfully relaxing experience with some of the best, service oriented staff ever.
The Bristol is definitely a business hotel located in the financial district of Panama City. You can definitely use it as a launching pad for a tourist visit, but there may be better locations. You are simply a short walk to Balboa Avenue. Not a bad location, just not in the area of much tourism. Cab to Casco Viejo. We did walk to a local Middle Eastern restaurant that evening, visited a cigar store for few purchases and enjoyed a drink in the bar that evening overlooking the city while watching the NCAA basketball tournament.
The room was big, elegantly appointed and posh. The bath room was huge and beautiful with a big tub and separate glassed in shower. We did have a corner room overlooking the city. The beds extremely comfortable and soft linens with awesome pillows. We were very comfortable in the room with the three of us.
We departed early the next morning but enjoyed pampering ourselves before we left Panama. That morning we had a wonderful breakfast buffet (try to get it included in your stay, ours was.) Fresh made omelets and eggs, tons of pastries delicious fresh fruit. The coffee was wonderful as well. My wife, a bit of a coffee snob, loved it. Nice dark roast.
Although we didn't use the pool, we did visit it. Nice workout room (little smaller than I would have expected) and pool sitting area, but small. The pool was located as such it was sheltered by the building. Did have nice views, but wasn't a lounging pool. Simply a lap pool for working out. Nice area to read a book though.
The service provided by the front desk, bell hops, restaurant personnel and spa was second to none. You'll enjoy your stay at the Bristol.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Panama City's bustling (Financial District), Bristol Panama is one of the city's premier addresses for executive and holiday stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bristol Panama Hotel Panama City
- Bristol Hotel Panama City
- Bristol Panama City
- The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA Panama City