“Love the Bristol Panama Its My happy place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA

The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA
Ranked #5 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Love the Bristol Panama Its My happy place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

The staff, management and facilities are spectacular. Love the Bristol Panama and recommend it as the only place to stay in Panama City. I have stayed in every hotel here in the city and love it. The food and wine is excellent and the staff are simply the best in the country.

1 Thank Ecolumberjill
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Thank you for enjoying all our services, the comfort and amenities of our room.

Your compliment are really a positive stroke for us and push us to keep a high standard personalized service toward our guests.

Pierre Berthier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Korean first
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Husband & I stayed 1 nt ea @ beginning and end of 7nt trip to Panama in the new tower. Beautiful hotel with very comfortable bed. After spending a few days in the mountains and beach (in Eco lodging), I couldn't wait to get back the Bristol! Very convenient to dining and casinos.

Would definitely recommend to the most discerning traveler.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room in the new tower and stay far away from 5th floor, it has a bar/lounge that I...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JB222Chicago
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

During your next visit, please go to the highest floor where is our Spa, after a nice treatment, you will have from the relaxing room a superb view of the Old Panama and the sea.

Looking forward of welcoming again in Panama City

Corona, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

These guys joined the right trade association, "The Leading Small Hotels of the World". The Bristol in Panama City, Panama IS a leading small hotel. Clean, neat, and well located this hotel would be a very good property anywhere. In Panama, it would have to rank at or near the very top. A smaller property, it still possesses a warmth and charm often absent in chain hotels. The staff are welcoming, attentive, and almost all are bilingual in both Spanish and English. The breakfast is solid, with both hot and cold buffet and an omelette station. The coffee is first rate. The gym is outstanding with both free weights and cardio equipment. The rooms are big and nicely appointed, with all the amenities one would expect in a first rate hotel - bathrobes, slippers, turn down service, fresh fruit, bottled water, etc. The lovely bathrooms have both a shower and a deep tub bath. Wake up calls are actually a real person. The property has a nice lobby and a small, but fully stocked bar. Panama beer is a bargain in the bar, but wine comes at a price premium. The spa is nice and a great place to grab a massage. You can drink the water, and Panama City is safe to walk around at night. This is a downtown hotel, however, and not a resort property. So don't come for the pool and the watersports. I would recommend this property for business, romance, and families without small children who want to stay downtown. You ARE in Latin America here, however. The power goes out for brief periods, and I had to be moved for one night when the A/C broke down. All in, a very good stay.

Room Tip: They have two towers, one traditional with dark wood and an old world feel, the other modern with a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, May 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time of writing this comment about our hotel

Even if you appreciated us in general, I noticed your comment regarding our generators on and the power cuts.

Don't worry beeing in a lift during a power cut, they are designed to go by themselves to the secong floor as safety mesure, the time for the elevators to reset automaticaly.

Due to a government saving electricuty plan, we had to switch on all our generators during a minimum time of 3 hours. We unfortunatly could not bypass this regulation. But normaly there is nearly none power cut within Panama City.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We just stayed at the Bristol for two nights. It's easiest to review this with a list if pros and cons.
Pros
- Very comfortable bed with high quality linens.
- Very clean
- Staff provided top notch service
- Great gym
- Excellent restaurant where we had a phenomenal dinner - the best in Panama. We had the skirt steak that came with a delicious sauce and was cooked to perfection. The creme brûlée for dessert was sublime. The service was very slow though for an empty restaurant.
- Beautiful art throughout the hotel. The decor in all of the public areas was very nice.

Cons
- Construction going on around the hotel which is noisy starting at 8am.
- Hotel uses the loudest generator I've ever heard in my life. If your room is in the old part of the hotel, be prepared to be bothered by the noise. The hotel was not to capacity when we were there. It would have been a nice touch if they had put us in a different room instead of sandwiching us between the construction noise and the generator noise.
- The pool is very small and next to the generator which made it incredibly noisy and smelled of gasoline.

Had we been in the new part of the hotel, away from the noise, we would have been very satisfied. We mentioned the noise problem to the assistant manager and the front desk. They gave us a $20 credit which seemed inadequate. Overall this is a nice hotel with good service but make sure you get a room away from the noise.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jb1029
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, May 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time of writing this comment about our hotel

Even if you appreciated us in general, and noticed your comment regarding our generators.

But we are please to anounce that we will sonn start this year a full refurbishing of the original tower in order to have excactly the same type of rooms in both buildings

Ramat Hasharon, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Good rooms, good location, good service. Very clean. Nice bathrooms.
The only comment I have is that this kind of hotel could and should have better variety for breakfast...Not that we left hungry..... ;)

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Thank you for enjoying all our services and the comfort and amenities of our room. I noticed your opinion regarding the variety of our breakfast buffet and will make it with more varieties of dishes.

Looking forward of welcoming again in Panama City

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've stayed one night at the Bristol and I had an overall pleasant experience.
Unfortunately I could not find the hotel chauffeur for the pickup at my arrival and I had to take a taxi, however the Front Desk Manager, Ms. Amelia Villareal, sent me a note in the room offering me a comp drop off upon checkout to the airport (in this case, I was moving to another hotel).
A very nice trait and service recovery that made up my stay.

Rooms are elegant, even thou I did not have a view. The bed is so comfortable I felt asleep the very first night missing my dinner :)LOL. Breakfast was intimate, quiet, relaxing and elegant. The Buffet is tiny and high quality. The smoked salmon was very delicious, however I would have preferred the cold cuts to be in slices instead of sticks but they were delicious anyway. Nice Omelette choices, it was sealed outside and creamy inside with mushrooms and ham.
I've seen some table around drinking tea with Chinese Tea Pot, which really impressed me. A very nice Asian-British Colonial style, as well as some porcelain around the hotel.

Very nice turndown service. Staff is efficient and kind. I do apologize for not remembering the name of the gentlemen who welcomed us at the Front Desk and was present at my checkout. Is a man from Caracas whom I had the pleasure to have a conversation with (as we live in Venezuela). Please send him my best commendation!

One last note: I know is perhaps a LHW standard to not have any ashtray at the hotel entrance, however I would suggest to put one maybe a little bit down the road or behind a plant. I know they were passing every 30 min to clean it up, but as an intensive smoker as I am, I felt horrible to throw the cigarette butt on the road (cause I never do this around). Would be a nice environmental friendly initiative.
Thank you so much for everything and wish you all the best.
My kindest regards
Federico C.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, May 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time of writing this comment about our hotel

Even if you appreciated us in general, I noticed that I can improve a bit the breakfast. Thank you for the suggestion.

For smokers, we do have a nice terrace on the fifth floor where is located our lounge 8'58.

Jonkoping, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Very good location. High standard hotell for a regular price. Good service. Clean and spacious rooms. Breakfast rather regular nothing special but still OK. Great place for Panama sightseeing or just overnight between flights.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time and write a review about our hotel.